| FTBL GREAT article about Bobby Bowden and his love for the Tide.

Outstanding piece. If we had gotten Bowden, we wouldn't have suffered through Curry, Dubose, Franchione, and Shula, not to mention Price. But, we also wouldn't have had Gene Stallings. Do the pros outweigh the cons? If 'ifs and buts' were 'candy and nuts', we'd all have a Merry Christmas. :roll:

Porterhouse said:
I know I've said this before, but I really enjoy Ivan Maisel's work.

He's ALOT better then Pat aka "The Dash" aka "Mr. Self Absorbed" aka "SEC are a bunch of rednecks" aka "I have make believe Dashettes" aka "I'm an ex-jock so I know what I'm talking about" Forde.

I left off a few nicknames in case childern are reading :roll:. In other words I don't like him much but Ivan is cool by me :D

Wow, now that was a great read. The more I read about Bobby Bowden, the more I still want him here in Tuscaloosa. I feel like the University owes him a apology or something. :?

That was a very good read. It was interesting about the courtship we had with him in the 80's, I'm sure there is much more to it (more than we'll know) :)

Bobby Fox

Bobby Bowden is a great man. He is also an old Fox with a plan to beat us on Saturday. I am sure that he is thinking "Revenge is such sweet sorrow"

They will not quit trying to beat us. Mickey & Jumbo are not just Disney Characters.

BAMA needs to Focus on this one.

fsubabe1.jpg
[/b]

I knew most of that stuff, growing up as a FSU fan. But I never knew the band stuff. All the talk he did about the Million Dollar Band and fast stepping. Too funny. And how about him just yanking names of people from just their pictures in an Alabama Football history book?

Man, they offered him the job on the spot in 1989, 1990, whatever. Wow, talk about a cross road. FSU was hot at the time, but no National Title yet. And Alabama just came off a SEC chamionship and looked like it was headed in the right direction.

Bobby was better off at FSU. Make his own legend. Make his own program. Make his own mark on football history. Now he has two teams.

Back
Top Bottom