| FTBL Good for Mike Dubose

alagator

Verified Member
Saw the following blurb on footballscoop.com and thought I would pass it along...

Millsaps College (Offensive Staff): Former Alabama head coach Mike Dubose led the Millsaps Majors to a 56-27 win over #8 (D3) Trinity College, snapping the Trinity 37 home game winning streak. In the win, the Majors racked up 31 first downs, 576 total yards, and scored 8 of 8 times in the red zone. First year offensive coordinator, John David Caffey, saw his offense convert 9 of 14 third down opportunities while not allowing a sack. The Majors completed 30-43 passes for 370 yards and 3 touchdowns. The Majors did not record a turnover. The win guarantees Millsaps at least a tie for the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference for the third consecutive year. Millsaps is now 8-0 on the season and is averaging 45 points per game.

Good to see that Dubose is experiencing a little success.

Have heard that he might be considered for the head job at Memphis when West is fired. That would be even better for Dubose, but given he was our head coach during the Means-Young scandal in that city I find it hard to believe that could be true.

I just wonder how much time Dubose and the Majors spent in practice preparing for the possibility of this again?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbzQoXuxdU[/youtube]

:D

alagator said:
Saw the following blurb on footballscoop.com and thought I would pass it along...

Millsaps College (Offensive Staff): Former Alabama head coach Mike Dubose led the Millsaps Majors to a 56-27 win over #8 (D3) Trinity College, snapping the Trinity 37 home game winning streak. In the win, the Majors racked up 31 first downs, 576 total yards, and scored 8 of 8 times in the red zone. First year offensive coordinator, John David Caffey, saw his offense convert 9 of 14 third down opportunities while not allowing a sack. The Majors completed 30-43 passes for 370 yards and 3 touchdowns. The Majors did not record a turnover. The win guarantees Millsaps at least a tie for the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference for the third consecutive year. Millsaps is now 8-0 on the season and is averaging 45 points per game.

Good to see that Dubose is experiencing a little success.

Have heard that he might be considered for the head job at Memphis when West is fired. That would be even better for Dubose, but given he was our head coach during the Means-Young scandal in that city I find it hard to believe that could be true.

What he has done at Milsaps is nothing short of amazing. They were a doormat before he arrived. Now they are one of the best teams in D3.

I wish that JSU would show Crowe the door and hire DuBose. He would do a good job there.

Is is awful hard to believe that Mike DuBose would ever coach again at the D1-A level, but I guess it could happen in a coordinator role.

I would imagine he's in his late 50's now, and time isn't on his side to get back to major college football.

While a lot of bad went down while he was with us, let's not forget he was coaching the last time Bama won an SEC title...

What he has done at Milsaps is nothing short of amazing. They were a doormat before he arrived. Now they are one of the best teams in D3.

I wish that JSU would show Crowe the door and hire DuBose. He would do a good job there.

Doubt Dubose coaches in the state of Alabama again unless it is a major institution with some sho nuff cabbage. Retirement within the Alabama school system is based off your last several years of service. (I think 10 years) He left the state because he was getting close to cutting out his years @ Bama. That would have cut into the amount of money he would make in retirement. I thought he would have been a good fit at Southern Miss. But I don't look for him back in coaching in Alabama unless he was an asst. somewhere and the only asst jobs that pay are at Alabama and Auburn. Never say never, but I doubt he coaches at Alabama ever again.

rammerjammer said:

Doubt Dubose coaches in the state of Alabama again unless it is a major institution with some sho nuff cabbage. Retirement within the Alabama school system is based off your last several years of service. (I think 10 years) He left the state because he was getting close to cutting out his years @ Bama. That would have cut into the amount of money he would make in retirement. I thought he would have been a good fit at Southern Miss. But I don't look for him back in coaching in Alabama unless he was an asst. somewhere and the only asst jobs that pay are at Alabama and Auburn. Never say never, but I doubt he coaches at Alabama ever again.

JSU is making the jump to D1 over the next 3 years. Their head coaching pay would be equal or greater than an assistant at a major - exception being coordinator job...and I don't see him getting that.

JSU would be a good choice.

I coached a kid a that is now playing for Millsaps and still talk with him regularly. As a matter of fact I am going to Birmingham Southern on the 15th before our game with MSU to see him play. Anyway, he thinks very highly of DuBose.

Back
Top Bottom