Golfer loses arm to gator

gilm083.jpg

Just tap it in.

IT's been...at least 10 years now I guess. Same type of story, worse ending.

About a 100 miles south of my house there was a older guy, 60's or so, playing one weekend. He'd tagged along with three other guys who were playing worse than he was so he decided he'd walk ahead of them.

As it ends up, his wife called the course later that night asking where her husband was. No one had seen him, his car still in the parking lot, etc.

They found his golf pull cart off to the side of one fairway next to some swamp land. No golfer. They decided to put down the gator that lived in that swamp. I want to say head to tail this one was 13 ft., but then again I'm thinking larger.

Anywho, when they killed the gator, cut open the stomach, they found the guy. There were pictures of the gator, belly up, and you could see the guys arm/hand holding a ball retriever.

There's one course I play now that has one on the 8th hole. He's bigger this year, but the point is last year I hit a ball dead in the middle of the fairway but it was about 20 yards from the Gator.

Unplayable.

And, get this. I actually saw a lady pull a shot a few years ago in a ditch/swamp area and her ball landed on top of a gator just below it's head. We looked down in the ditch...gator barely moving...ball sitting on top of it as pretty as one could ask.

Unplayable.

Oh, that reminds me.

Back in '04 a smaller gator got a guys arm just like that first story Argo linked.

However, this time one of the guys had a gun and shot the gator, they cut the damn thing open and took the guys arm back.

Dumped the beer out of their cooler, threw the arm in it, and took off.

They had to stop at a local store to find directions to the nearest hospital because the guy who'd been bitten...well, he was in pretty bad shape.

Anyway, while they were the store, some idiot came along and stole the cooler out of the back of their F-150.

The police said it was the worse case of arm robbery they had ever experienced.

Back
Top Bottom