| FTBL Gators are right: 14,000 days make Georgia most overrated program in college footbal

On a personal note, I remember the Dawgs coming into Tuscaloosa and playing us close in a 25-20 game in 2014. That was "signature" enough for me.

That right there speaks volumes to me. Mullen gets a break for coaching at State. 2014 A&M and LSU both finished out of the rankings and barn finished @ 22. Like I said they went 6-0 against smoke and mirrors and then lost both games that counted against UA and ole mrs

Trying to win 9-10 games a year at Mississippi State in the SEC is like trying to become rich in the Soviet Union. The fact that he was winning consistently there was very impressive. Florida was a derailed train after McElwain's last season, and what he did in just one year was quite the accomplishment. He was an excellent offensive mind under Meyer, and his head coaching abilities are quite good. I think him being at UF will be great for them in the long run.

Perhaps some are talking about a different Dan Mullen?

~1 signature win a season with the exception of 2014. And most of those are wins in Starkville...

Year - Signature Win, ranked team record, SEC record.
2009 - N/A, 1-4 vs ranked teams, SEC 3-5
2010 - (22) @Florida, 1-4 vs ranked, SEC 4-4
2011 - N/A, 0-4 vs ranked teams, SEC 2-6
2012 - Auburn, 0-4 vs ranked teams, SEC 4-4
2013 - N/A, 0-5 vs ranked teams, SEC 3-5
2014 - (8) @LSU, (6) TAMU, (2) Auburn -- 3-1 vs ranked teams, SEC 6-2
2015 - @Auburn --0-4 vs ranked teams, SEC 4-4
2016 - TAMU -- 1-2 vs ranked teams, SEC 3-5
2017 - (12) LSU -- 1-4 vs ranked teams, SEC 4-4

Perhaps some are talking about a different Dan Mullen?

~1 signature win a season with the exception of 2014. And most of those are wins in Starkville...

Year - Signature Win, ranked team record, SEC record.
2009 - N/A, 1-4 vs ranked teams, SEC 3-5
2010 - (22) @Florida, 1-4 vs ranked, SEC 4-4
2011 - N/A, 0-4 vs ranked teams, SEC 2-6
2012 - Auburn, 0-4 vs ranked teams, SEC 4-4
2013 - N/A, 0-5 vs ranked teams, SEC 3-5
2014 - (8) @LSU, (6) TAMU, (2) Auburn -- 3-1 vs ranked teams, SEC 6-2
2015 - @Auburn --0-4 vs ranked teams, SEC 4-4
2016 - TAMU -- 1-2 vs ranked teams, SEC 3-5
2017 - (12) LSU -- 1-4 vs ranked teams, SEC 4-4

No, we're just talking about Mississippi State football. Mullen got the job in Gainesville, so debating his time in Stakevegas seems superfluous. The only question I forsee about Dan Mullen's future success is can he recruit like an elite power? Florida will always be there for the taken, talent wise. So far, the jury is still out, but he needs to get it back to Urban Meyer, or even Will Muschamp standards.

No, we're just talking about Mississippi State football. Mullen got the job in Gainesville, so debating his time in Stakevegas seems superfluous. The only question I forsee about Dan Mullen's future success is can he recruit like an elite power? Florida will always be there for the taken, talent wise. So far, the jury is still out, but he needs to get it back to Urban Meyer, or even Will Muschamp standards.
Maybe @TUSKtimes ...he is to nice a guy for the Gator faithful.....They like Spurrier/meyer arrogance.... maybe he is just trying to crank it up abit?

Back
Top Bottom