| FTBL Game Day Rituals.....................................

Bama-Tee

Verified Member
OK guys I haven't been around in a while so humor me.
With opening day kick off 3 days away it's time to rehash our game day tradition. My deal is this. I get up, get the grill in order, marinate the meat, get the sides ready and then on to the real ritual. I get my Bama jersey on, get Big Al ready, get out my game used (that's right kiddies, game used !) helmet out and set in it's place of honor. Starting this year I'll check out RollTideBama.com and get jacked with the family. At kick off let the insanity begin. My wife Allison says that it's dangerous to interupt me during a game, I wouldn't know cause I'm in the zone!The night will be filled with Roll Tide Roll and Rammer Jammer !!! Yep it' gets pretty intense around
here but thats "Bama Football" !!! OK guys whats your
traditons, rituals ????

RTR !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bama-T :D

The last few seasons have prompted me to do away with many of my "rituals".

For example, my "lucky" game hat got discarded after the Louisiana-Monroe debacle. I actually haven't worn it since. I no longer have a gameday shirt, and I don't have a gameday food anymore.

Back in 1992, my mom bought me a really cool shirt before the season. It was a black, kind of acid-washed T-shirt with an 1892-1992 logo on it. It had a picture of the 1892 team in the center. I wore it every saturday plus the Sugar Bowl. We all know how that season turned out.

I wish I could find that T-shirt now. :(

Bamapossum said:

For example, my "lucky" game hat got discarded after the Louisiana-Monroe debacle. I actually haven't worn it since. I no longer have a gameday shirt, and I don't have a gameday food anymore.

I have nowhere to turn now either. :? :wink:

I don't have any rituals either, but if we're doing well, I won't get out of my seat for any reason. My mom always said when you get up from a card table, your luck changes so I sit until we mess up. You know, because they know when I've gotten up and changed their luck. Now you know who to blame for the past several years!! :wink:

Bamapossum said:

At least you have your hat! I still don't know where half my crap went during that game!

Tomorrow I will be wearing a red shirt.

Saturday we will grill (my H makes a damn good burger), load up on munchies and beer (did you know in PA you have to drive through a barn-type thing and you have to buy a case??? and I can only have ONE. *sob*) and get out the shakers. Walker likes to sing the fight song, which we have been practicing, and dance to it.

I will be wearing my jersey and lucky undies if I can find them.

Walker will also be wearing his jersey. I'll try to make David wear red. Allison doesn't have an Alabama outfit yet, but I have a bib I can put on her!

During the game I have to be able to pace and jump up and down and yell. I am afraid I am going to upset the baby. Maybe I'll go to the basement?

i just paste this from another board wich i posted about my gameday traditions

ps: it might sound ridicoulus to many of ya :D

well , first of all we watch the games with a delay of one week coz we want to watch the games on saturdays and dont get many live games here, so we gota wait until a torrent version is out or the dvd is released on pontel, wich mostly would make it mid week allready.

so one we got the games, my mate and me do a saturdays doubleheader, hes a huge UW supporter while i cheer for the Crimson Tide, the tradition of watchin the other ones team together kinda made us stick together and so i like em Huskies really, so im dressed in Crimson , mostly my 81 jersey + a cap and hes wearing purple ofc. mostly we watch the Bama game first since it was played before the later pac 10 games most of the times, also we avoid to get results spoiled that way. since we are so crazy about college ball games, we put tape over the espn score trackers and mute the sound once they talk about other games of the day we might wana watch later the week, its a damn mission i tell ya :D
anyways on gameday we order pizza and have some beers and some bourbon (kentucky ofc ), we try to make it as much enjoyable as we can do it over here. i hope soon we can have a bowl game doubleheader but they got a hard way to that.

anyways, thats mostly how we used to did it until we moved both to different cities some month ago :boohoo:

Roll Tide !
Go Huskies !

Back
Top Bottom