| NEWS Game Day in Tuscaloosa: Home of the Crimson Tide - SECSports

B

Bama News

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, home to The University of Alabama and the Crimson Tide, offers one of the most electric atmospheres that college football has to offer. Sometimes called "The City of Champions," Tuscaloosa is a vibrant community filled with local restaurants to satisfy every palate, a walkable downtown complete with live music, outdoor spaces to explore, and a destination that's easily accessible - no matter what direction you're coming from.

For a true taste of the game day experience, kick off the weekend with a trip to the Bryant Museum, where you'll find exhibits, artifacts, and memorabilia that traces the long history of The University of Alabama football. Once you're done taking in the knowledge of Alabama Football's legendary past, it's time to enjoy the beautiful campus. From the museum, walk over to the Quad for what will become a tailgating experience you won't soon forget. Hundreds of tents are filled with friends and family as they join in fellowship, indulge in great food and drinks, and cheer on other football teams across the nation as they await Alabama's kickoff.

Another stop you won't want to miss is the Walk of Champions and the Coaches Walk, located at the north end of Bryant Denny Stadium. The Walk of Champions includes granite tablets commemorating the school's title seasons. But what makes it so special on game days takes place two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff. The Alabama team buses drop the players and coaches off at the walkway where thousands of fans greet them with smiles and roaring cheers to watch some of college football's most elite walk to the locker room.

After cheering on the Tide, it's time to experience the energetic nightlife in T-Town. While there are many options to select from, be sure to check out options located along The Strip, Downtown, or in Temerson Square, as well as a variety of other locations throughout the city. Many restaurants and bars feature live music, especially throughout game day weekends.

Whether you arrived to town early or have time before returning home, consider exploring the Tuscaloosa Civil Rights Trail. This self-guided, 18-stop trail includes many stories to help you understand Tuscaloosa's place in civil rights history, but most importantly, highlights the history of how Tuscaloosa's color barrier was broken by the courageous efforts of many black and a few white foot soldiers.

When planning your trip, search visittuscaloosa.com for all things Tuscaloosa. We welcome you with open arms and know you'll make legendary memories to last a lifetime while here. Roll Tide!

A Game Day Must: Don't miss out on a Denny Dog (aka Stadium Dog). Quite possibly the next best thing outside of the game itself and sold in Bryant Denny!

A Game Day Must: Don't miss out on a Denny Dog (aka Stadium Dog). Quite possibly the next best thing outside of the game itself and sold in Bryant Denny!

?!? Okay...
The only time I've ever recommended a particular "dish" at a stadium or sporting event it was the Alligator Sausage with Cajun remoulade at a Riverdogs game here in town. (Hell, their she crab soup is fantastic as well.) Two dishes you wouldn't think would be served at a minor league park. (They bring in local chef's for their home games and the food in made on site in a kitchen set up that rivals some of the best restaurants in town.)

But recommending a hot dog?

The only time I've ever recommended a particular "dish" at a stadium or sporting event it was the Alligator Sausage with Cajun remoulade at a Riverdogs game here in town. (Hell, their she crab soup is fantastic as well.) Two dishes you wouldn't think would be served at a minor league park. (They bring in local chef's for their home games and the food in made on site in a kitchen set up that rivals some of the best restaurants in town.)

What is in that South endzone? never been in there, but it appears to be food places? I have been to the Zone where you can get buffet style food and such, but felt that was above the entrance to that endzone. Never understood what was there or looked it up to see. I really want to take a tour of the stadium and get to see everything in there along with the locker rooms and such.

What is in that South endzone? never been in there, but it appears to be food places? I have been to the Zone where you can get buffet style food and such, but felt that was above the entrance to that endzone. Never understood what was there or looked it up to see. I really want to take a tour of the stadium and get to see everything in there along with the locker rooms and such.
The food is better there than what you'll find at 'The Joe' in terms of variety. It's set up in a buffet type presentation (warmers, hot plates, etc.) at the back with a bar type of seating area right in front of the windows (upper level) so you can eat, drink, and watch the game out of the elements. Of course your seats are outside; up to you where you are at any given moment, ya know? I don't know how many TV's are set out but you won't miss any action even if you're sitting at one of the tables spread throughout the SEZ area. The personal lockers are a favorite with a lot allowing you to bring in what ever you might want to drink Friday before the game.

A quick google of south end zone bryant denny should bring up a lot of images.

For me, those are the best seats in the house. I love the end zone perspective watching football games as much as I love the All-22 on TV.

(Side note: it's also used for a lot of other activites including a recruiting area, a venue you can rent out (Kirstan Saban's wedding,) etc.)

The food is better there than what you'll find at 'The Joe' in terms of variety. It's set up in a buffet type presentation (warmers, hot plates, etc.) at the back with a bar type of seating area right in front of the windows (upper level) so you can eat, drink, and watch the game out of the elements. Of course your seats are outside; up to you where you are at any given moment, ya know? I don't know how many TV's are set out but you won't miss any action even if you're sitting at one of the tables spread throughout the SEZ area. The personal lockers are a favorite with a lot allowing you to bring in what ever you might want to drink Friday before the game.

A quick google of south end zone bryant denny should bring up a lot of images.

For me, those are the best seats in the house. I love the end zone perspective watching football games as much as I love the All-22 on TV.

(Side note: it's also used for a lot of other activites including a recruiting area, a venue you can rent out (Kirstan Saban's wedding,) etc.)
@BamaFan334

3738-02.jpg

3738-01.jpg

3738-03.jpg

3738-05.jpg

Imagine the most fantastic wedding reception you've ever attended where it appears the Bride's father gave the caterer a blank check and you get the picture.

Last edited:

CHARLESTON, SC - As literally thousands of fans can attest, the Charleston RiverDogs baseball experience is much more than just the action on the field.

Part of the overall fan experience is the multiple concession opportunities, which have drawn Food Network star Rachel Ray and Travel Channel luminary Adam Richman to Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park to sample the variety of delicacies. Whether it's at the Doghouse, Dogworld, the Pie House or the newly-christened Nacho House and Joe's Bar and Grille, fans can always find something to satisfy their every craving.

And this year, another unique item has been added to the fan-favorite hot dog menu: the Pig-on-a-Stick. This creation - a foot-long, bacon-wrapped corn dog - is the culmination of meticulous work in the RiverDogs' top-secret test kitchen and thorough scouring of multiple state fairs and circuses for new ideas.

John Schumacher, the food guru for the RiverDogs' ownership ensemble, The Goldklang Group, credits the club's crack concessionaires and said the new Pig-on-a-Stick is "sure to satisfy your daily swine urge."

And there's plenty more:

Back
Top Bottom