| MBB/WBB Full details for Alabama's proposed $58 million basketball training and player development facility are out.

Crazy talk but elite programs have both.....
What elite program has brand new practice facilities along with a new arena?

Fact is, the practice facility was already top notch. It's just getting better.
" practice gym". Really.
Really. I've been trying to tell you this. The care more about where they spend an afternoon on a Monday than where they spend a couple of hours on a Wednesday night.

On this note...

What elite program has brand new practice facilities along with a new arena?

Fact is, the practice facility was already top notch. It's just getting better.

Really. I've been trying to tell you this. The care more about where they spend an afternoon on a Monday than where they spend a couple of hours on a Wednesday night.

On this note...
No idea but it just seems reasonable. Bama football being one of those?

Probably more so for Hurley, because the self proclaimed “king” will have him fired within 2 years.
Maybe. I can also see the opposite happening where LeBron is told to go pound sand.

Ya remember how Saban talked about establishing your 'brand?' Is there a bigger brand than Hurley in basketball when it comes to the execs?

USorry for not replying sooner, I’ve been in Alabama taking care of my parents. I’ve been officially retired two weeks.
I've been working for the Manigault's for 30+ years (technically, EPI, but that's a long story in and of itself. Miss Rose was beaten to death in her home...Loved that lady...shook me to the core then, and still today.) I told them yesterday that the 24th of next month was my last day. Birthday just seemed right. It's not that I didn't like my job. Loved it. BUT!

I love working with the guys on the land company side. I love what we've done with Courier Square. I love working with the guys on the guns and hunting magazine side. So many ventures I've been a part of that I envy looking back at those days...

But then we get to the newspapers. And "those people."

I've set my own schedule for over two decades. Somewhere between 9-11 PM I'll start...I'll finish about 3-4, maybe 5 or 6. Who knows? While about 50% of my work is remote, I work those hours to avoid people. And I can't, any longer. A couple of days ago I went into the cafeteria to grab a cup of coffee: 2 in the morning, right? Twenty or so of the writers in there doing their little "giggling" thing. I went out on the patio/deck off the cafeteria ...more of them out there. I just wanted to look at the water, have a cup of coffee.

My "resignation" went along these lines. "Love ya, but I'm done."

@UAgrad93 working at the hardware store ... I'm getting "pulled" in a lot of directions right now... Auto Zone type job is one of them. That just seems...fun.

I've been working for the Manigault's for 30+ years (technically, EPI, but that's a long story in and of itself. Miss Rose was beaten to death in her home...Loved that lady...shook me to the core then, and still today.) I told them yesterday that the 24th of next month was my last day. Birthday just seemed right. It's not that I didn't like my job. Loved it. BUT!

I love working with the guys on the land company side. I love what we've done with Courier Square. I love working with the guys on the guns and hunting magazine side. So many ventures I've been a part of that I envy looking back at those days...

But then we get to the newspapers. And "those people."

I've set my own schedule for over two decades. Somewhere between 9-11 PM I'll start...I'll finish about 3-4, maybe 5 or 6. Who knows? While about 50% of my work is remote, I work those hours to avoid people. And I can't, any longer. A couple of days ago I went into the cafeteria to grab a cup of coffee: 2 in the morning, right? Twenty or so of the writers in there doing their little "giggling" thing. I went out on the patio/deck off the cafeteria ...more of them out there. I just wanted to look at the water, have a cup of coffee.

My "resignation" went along these lines. "Love ya, but I'm done."

@UAgrad93 working at the hardware store ... I'm getting "pulled" in a lot of directions right now... Auto Zone type job is one of them. That just seems...fun.
A lot stress for me was lifted when I retired. I clock in, do my 4 hours, then clock out and am home in 10 minutes. 28 years of teaching and coaching really wore on me. Unrealistic expectations, little to no support from administration and parents really just wore me down. HD, even with their colors has been a breath of fresh air. If any customers need help, I can most often point them in the direction needed, or I can get them someone if it goes into greater detail that I don’t have the answer for them.

A lot stress for me was lifted when I retired. I clock in, do my 4 hours, then clock out and am home in 10 minutes. 28 years of teaching and coaching really wore on me. Unrealistic expectations, little to no support from administration and parents really just wore me down. HD, even with their colors has been a breath of fresh air. If any customers need help, I can most often point them in the direction needed, or I can get them someone if it goes into greater detail that I don’t have the answer for them.
I can really feel for you. Ms50+ had those last year wearing her down.
Lifes to short to be boxed in

Back
Top Bottom