Wesley Neighbors (46)
Jermaine Preyear (44)
Burton Scott (1)
Damion Square (65)
Courtney Upshaw (41)
Michael Williams (89)

Bama Bo said:
Mark Ingram, The Double Deuce! :D

Or once Ingram and Jackson are in the backfield together, it can be Deuces Wild. :D

I only hope Mark wears that number as well as my favorite # 22, Johnny Musso.

There are a number of conflicts with players from the spring roster. Will more visible players like Maze, Upchurch, Chris Rogers and Hanks change their jersey numbers?

Garnier's number is taken by one of the signees, too. Any word on him these days?

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
There are a number of conflicts with players from the spring roster. Will more visible players like Maze, Upchurch, Chris Rogers and Hanks change their jersey numbers?

Garnier's number is taken by one of the signees, too. Any word on him these days?

RTR,

Tim

There will be several duplicates, but they'll all be guys who play on different sides of the ball (and not on special teams together). I'm trying to get my hands on a media guide though to see if there were any changes to the upperclassmen.

I doubt Garnier will ever be anything more than a back-up. Last I heard, he was still working with the O-line at guard... but I just don't see him making an impact beyond scout teams.

It Takes Eleven said:

RTR,

Tim

I know two players can sport the same numbers as long as they are not on the field at the same time. Harris and Upchurch wearing #5 wouldn't be a big deal. Neither would Hanks and Lawrence wearing #15. One on offense and one on defense.

Special teams could be a problem though.

It Takes Eleven said:
Porter said:
Bama Bo said:
According to Gentry Estes
Juan Garnier is not listed in the media guide.

Well, that takes care of that.

Anyone know for sure if he's gone? He was given a few years of eligibility back, so he wasn't scheduled to lose his eligibility this year.

I don't know for a fact, but if he isn't listed on the Media Guide roster, then I'd say he's gone (not a mistake). He's left teams on 3 other occasions, so it would certainly fit his MO.

Porter said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Porter said:
Bama Bo said:

Anyone know for sure if he's gone? He was given a few years of eligibility back, so he wasn't scheduled to lose his eligibility this year.

I don't know for a fact, but if he isn't listed on the Media Guide roster, then I'd say he's gone (not a mistake). He's left teams on 3 other occasions, so it would certainly fit his MO.

Not being insensitive, but that frees up an additional spot since he was not projected to graduate, yes?

It Takes Eleven said:
Porter said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Porter said:
Bama Bo said:

Not being insensitive, but that frees up an additional spot since he was not projected to graduate, yes?

He wasn't on scholarship, so it only frees up a spot on the 105, not the 85 limit.

Porter said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Porter said:
It Takes Eleven said:
Porter said:
Bama Bo said:

He wasn't on scholarship, so it only frees up a spot on the 105, not the 85 limit.

Forgot he wasn't on scholarship.

AFTide said:
Yea, where is smelley?? Also, why is Boswell wearing #97. I have never heard of an OLineman with that??

Not sure about Smelly's number. Boswell is either a misprint, or he'll just be wearing an odd number (for at least this year).

Speaking of 22's...I hope Ingram plays like this guy...

tonynathan.jpg

I loved that wishbone formation with Tony Nathan, Major Ogilvie and Steve Whitman. Jeff Rutledge was handing the ball off and was a good wishbone QB. That's still my favorite BAMA backfield.

Back
Top Bottom