| MBB/WBB Four Score in Double Figures to Lead No. 24/25 Alabama to a 74-72 Win at Vanderbilt

I think Oats is asking guys to play faster than some of them are comfortable playing. JQ could probably play as fast as he wants most of the time. JD just is not there from a development yet but Oats is asking him to play as fast as JQ but just does not seem reasonable.

Same issue with regards to shooting, he is asking some of these guys to be 3 point shooters and it is just not reasonable for them to do so. There is a strategy you believe in and then there is the practical ability for the guys you recruited to execute it. He may have missed on recruiting some of these guys. So he is at a crossroads to keep doing it or alter the strategy to better fit the players he has. Looks like he chose to keep doing his strategy and work of course but hope it comes together at some point.

This approach of course would be much better if they were a better ball handling and defensive team. Since they are not it creates the losses.
A lot is bball IQ.... which looks low...
Ie. Taking wild shots when ball should be kicked out and play reset

And the one i hate
...throwing the floater up toward the rim... when driving in... ( i guess hoping it goes in...)....

Sure are some good bball players on team....
We shall see....love style ofplay....

A lot is bball IQ.... which looks low...
Ie. Taking wild shots when ball should be kicked out and play reset

And the one i hate
...throwing the floater up toward the rim... when driving in... ( i guess hoping it goes in...)....

Sure are some good bball players on team....
We shall see....love style ofplay....
Maybe a little context for what you mean by bball IQ would help. With your example it seems you are equating it to decision making which I agree with. Things like - push ball when you have numbers, slow down when you have a 10 point lead with 3-4 minutes left and run some clock, do not foul with a 10 point lead late and allow the other team to score w/o running clock, do not foul 3 point shooters etc...

If you are playing faster than you can process does that end up looking like a basketball IQ issue? You know Oats has hammered home play fast. I suspect one of the main focuses in practice is get up and down the court and get a shot up in a certain amount of time.

Maybe a little context for what you mean by bball IQ would help. With your example it seems you are equating it to decision making which I agree with. Things like - push ball when you have numbers, slow down when you have a 10 point lead with 3-4 minutes left and run some clock, do not foul with a 10 point lead late and allow the other team to score w/o running clock, do not foul 3 point shooters etc...

If you are playing faster than you can process does that end up looking like a basketball IQ issue? You know Oats has hammered home play fast. I suspect one of the main focuses in practice is get up and down the court and get a shot up in a certain amount of time.
Yeah. Bball IQ .... not a knock...

But yeah...you hit on it...
A lot of play ground bballing....lot of one on one...

Back
Top Bottom