| MBB/WBB Four Score in Double Figures to Lead No. 24/25 Alabama to a 74-72 Win at Vanderbilt

Not defending the officials - because half the fouls on Pippen are preemptively called - but Rojas and Bediako do not know how to play defense without fouling. Rojas is limited skill wise and doesn't seem to have a vertical higher than three feet. Bediako just is inexperienced. They play hard.

The foul on Rojas where he didn't even touch Pippen was ridiculous.

Rojas isn't in there to guard, he's in there to disrupt and be a bruising body down low. His whole roll is to disrupt, not be silky smooth. His offense has picked up big time though.

Nobody on this team can guard outside of Keon Ellis. Bediako is getting a lot better and Miles/Gurley has their moments.

I'm still saying Shackleford is too heavy currently. He has lost his quikness and ability to get skinny with his euro step like last year. He gets blown by all the time on defense. Be curious to know how he grades defensively.

Rojas isn't in there to guard, he's in there to disrupt and be a bruising body down low. His whole roll is to disrupt, not be silky smooth. His offense has picked up big time though.

Nobody on this team can guard outside of Keon Ellis. Bediako is getting a lot better and Miles/Gurley has their moments.

I'm still saying Shackleford is too heavy currently. He has lost his quikness and ability to get skinny with his euro step like last year. He gets blown by all the time on defense. Be curious to know how he grades defensively.
Yeah something is up with Shack. Think I read before he's dealing with a hip injury, and it's visibly slowing him down. I love Rojas' toughness. I think he's a guy that epitomizes everything Oats wants in his players mentally. A lot of his players at Buffalo like Jeremy Harris and CJ Massinburg were. Rojas is unfortunately limited in what he can do and that tends to lead to more fouls. Bediako has improved the most of any player on this roster, so I desperately hope we get him for another year.

We need quicker feet all together. Jaden Bradley and Rylan Griffen will be freshman and will likely struggle defensively like we've seen JD. Maybe Oats will land a transfer guard that can help with that next season and he won't tear an ACL or something.

Turnovers are still a big problem for this team.

I don't know if the stats will back me up, but poor decisions and turnovers have been a problem every year under Oats. Hope it improves with better ball handlers next season.

I don't know if the stats will back me up, but poor decisions and turnovers have been a problem every year under Oats. Hope it improves with better ball handlers next season.

One thing I saw was that slap away by Shackleford near the end of the game where the Vanderbilt player CLEARLY grabbed him by the waist. No call even after review was pretty unbelievable. That being said, an easy layup taken away and then we turn the ball over and they score. A four point swing at the end of a game like that is not good play.

We fell a part at the end and it was mind boggling. I believe it was you that brought up that foul right after coming out of a timeout and I was left wondering if Oats called that or our guys were just that dumb. I assumed it leaned more towards the being dumb side, but a few questionable decisions by our team to go on top of that clear no-call that almost costed us the game.

I didn’t get to watch, but from the comments and from what I have seen in prior games, this bunch is just too damn careless with the basketball and at the worst possible times. We also make some of the dumbest decisions!!! Fouling with no time running off the clock and we are up!!! 🤬 I was following last night via the ESPN tracker and I noticed we had shutdown Pippen the entire second half, until the final 4 minutes and then he seemed to shoot 20 FTs. Did we reach and grab? Were they legit fouls? My head is hurting just typing this!! These were boneheaded mistakes that junior high and freshmen teams make.

I didn’t get to watch, but from the comments and from what I have seen in prior games, this bunch is just too damn careless with the basketball and at the worst possible times. We also make some of the dumbest decisions!!! Fouling with no time running off the clock and we are up!!! 🤬 I was following last night via the ESPN tracker and I noticed we had shutdown Pippen the entire second half, until the final 4 minutes and then he seemed to shoot 20 FTs. Did we reach and grab? Were they legit fouls? My head is hurting just typing this!! These were boneheaded mistakes that junior high and freshmen teams make.

He flopped multiple times and at times when he attacked the rim he was met by our guys and if a hair on his head moved the whistle was blown.

As much as I can't stand Pearl, I believe he was the one that said "the refs know who he is", and after late in the game last night I would have to agree.

I wonder if the players turn the ball over in practice as much as in games? If after each and every every turn over in practice, CNO should stop practice long enough to make all players run about 20 back and forths. It probably wouldn't take many turnovers to get their attention. Also, in rebounding, you don't start with watching where the ball might go. You start by putting your ass between your opponent and the goal. Then start looking at where the ball is or the direction it may carom off the goal or the backboard.

I wonder if the players turn the ball over in practice as much as in games? If after each and every every turn over in practice, CNO should stop practice long enough to make all players run about 20 back and forths. It probably wouldn't take many turnovers to get their attention. Also, in rebounding, you don't start with watching where the ball might go. You start by putting your ass between your opponent and the goal. Then start looking at where the ball is or the direction it may carom off the goal or the backboard.

Hard to turn it over in practice against the defense we field, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . I'm kidding, I'm kinda kidding.

I think Oats is asking guys to play faster than some of them are comfortable playing. JQ could probably play as fast as he wants most of the time. JD just is not there from a development yet but Oats is asking him to play as fast as JQ but just does not seem reasonable.

Same issue with regards to shooting, he is asking some of these guys to be 3 point shooters and it is just not reasonable for them to do so. There is a strategy you believe in and then there is the practical ability for the guys you recruited to execute it. He may have missed on recruiting some of these guys. So he is at a crossroads to keep doing it or alter the strategy to better fit the players he has. Looks like he chose to keep doing his strategy and work of course but hope it comes together at some point.

This approach of course would be much better if they were a better ball handling and defensive team. Since they are not it creates the losses.

Back
Top Bottom