| MBB/WBB Four Score in Double Figures to Lead No. 24/25 Alabama to a 74-72 Win at Vanderbilt

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 24/25 Alabama men's basketball team will play its penultimate road contest of the 2021-22 regular season when it travels to Nashville, Tenn., to take on the Vanderbilt Commodores Tuesday night at 8 p.m. CT. The contest, which will be televised on SEC Network, will be the only meeting between the two teams in the regular season.

The Crimson Tide most recently had its three-game win streak snapped with a 90-81 loss at then-No. 4 Kentucky last Saturday afternoon. It was the sixth time UA has faced a team ranked in the AP Top-5 this season, which are the most top-five teams played by any team in the regular season since Ohio State faced six top-five teams during the 2012-13 season.

Alabama now turns its attention a Vanderbilt team that has won four of its last seven SEC games after beginning the year 2-5 in league play.

It should be a tightly-contested game if recent history is any indicator as 17 of the last 18 games played between the two teams have been decided by 10 or fewer points. Ten of those contests have been decided by five or fewer points including the Tide's 82-78 victory last season over the Commodores in Tuscaloosa. Alabama and Vanderbilt have split those last 18 games with each winning nine times over the stretch.

The Broadcast​

• Tuesday's game will be available on SEC Network with Dave Neal (play-by-play) and Daymeon Fishback (analyst) on the call
  • The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play) and Bryan Passink (analyst) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

Just turned it on when it was 24-19 seems like the same stuff different day. Turnover machine. Leave Pippen wide open for a 3's. Play the walkons.... yes an extreme comment and they may even come back and win but come one at this level you get this shooting and turnovers? What the heck is this team doing during practice?

JD has six TO's in the first half.
When you have to use Rojas and Holt off your bench you have a talent issue.
Gary and Holt both have two air balls.

Typical Alabama basketball the 1st half. 3 of 15 3 pointers….12 TO’s and CNO doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Plus they are not even looking for open team mates. Bunch of ME…ME…ME’s especially on offense. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

JD does seem to be playing hard but he is a turnover machine.

Seeing about what I expected with a road game in Nashville. All the issues the team has are magnified on the road as we are seeing. They may flip the switch in the 2nd half but the inconsistency will rear its head at some point.

Just really careless with passes and ball handling. Amazes me that college players do this. I watch some high school games where i see it but college..... wow

And air balls being shot... ummmm

I don't know about this team. Fun to watch and frustrating

Davidson sure doesn't play like an all American

Second half. RTR

Fun to watch and frustrating
Agree with the frustrating part but not the fun part. Even when they hit spurts that are should be fun can't enjoy it because I am just waiting on the downturn.

Question since I missed the first15 minutes of the first half, has anything changed in terms of players being benched or a change in playing time? Oats calling the team out about effort should follow with some actions behind those words.

Back
Top Bottom