| FTBL For Those Of You Wanting to See Bama White Helmets Again

bear facts

Verified Member
I thought these shots of vintage Bama helmets might interest you.

1949-1953.gif

1949-1953

1957-1971.gif

1957-1971

1960-1961.gif

1960-1961

1962-1964.gif

1962-1964

1965.gif

1968.gif

1969.gif

I remember watching Scott Hunter wear this (100-year anniversary of college football) helmet against Archie Manning and Ole Miss in that infamous TV game.

On October 3, Alabama defeats Ole Miss 33-32 on ABC television in the first ever prime time telecast of an SEC football game. That season commemorated the 100th anniversary of the start of college football and both teams wore the 100 insignia on their helmets. In the contest, Ole Miss' Archie Manning collects an SEC record 540 total offensive yards.

I remember when Perk brought them back, but I honestly never cared much for the white helmets myself.

This is one case where I agree with the "traditionalists". Don't mess with the crimson helmets IMHO.

The fact that we got beat by Vandy wearing them is enough for me. Bury 'em with The Vols orange cleats and anything ever worn by Oregon.

LSU is breaking out white helmets this weekend vs Tulane. It's a fund raising effort to continue bringing monies in for Katrina rebuilding efforts. I understa[/img]nd 1 dollar from every jersey sell will go towards the fund.

I looked at these yesterday and my first thought was, "LSU's colors aren't purple and white!"

QCBKMNLZGPVREZQ.20070924171309.jpg

porkchop said:
I remember when Perk brought them back, but I honestly never cared much for the white helmets myself.

This is one case where I agree with the "traditionalists". Don't mess with the crimson helmets IMHO.

I love this argument. Since the helmets were WHITE before they were ever CRIMSON! So tradition would say WHITE!

Boy this is a good topic. Part of me says "Yeah white helmets would be cool." The other part says, "No I don't think so."

What do ya'll think of wearing white helmets with the white Jerseys? Like Texas when they are away.

Back
Top Bottom