| FTBL For all the JPW naysayers...........

JPW did play very well today. In all fairness, it's one of the first games where he's has time to throw. The O-line was outstanding today! Give JPW some time and he can be that QB every week.

HiTide said:
I think you owe him an apology.

Roll Tide.

I think you better be thanking the offense linemen up front!!!! You know the guys that were missing two starters!

JPW did play great THANKS to his offense line :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :D

bear facts said:
HiTide said:
I think you owe him an apology.

Roll Tide.

Amen HT.

Sorry, I didn't see your thread when I posted mine.

Yep, the JPW naysayers might be bored to death this week.

Well, at least the JPW fan train rides again!!! LOL just had to say it... Don't be hating.... :wink:

Well I'm not so convinced about the OL. The protection seemed better, but many of those completions were quick throws.

Wilson just seemed very comfortable even when he was pressured. He ran their defense ragged on some scambles and knew when to throw the ball away.

OL did get the job done, but there was still too much pressure put on JPW at times.

But I ain't complaining. They played as a team today, and the defense step up the second half.

My hat's off to K. Jackson #3. He rose to the occasion.

bear facts said:
Well I'm not so convinced about the OL. The protection seemed better, but many of those completions were quick throws.

Wilson just seemed very comfortable even when he was pressured. He ran their defense ragged on some scambles and knew when to throw the ball away.

OL did get the job done, but there was still too much pressure put on JPW at times.

99% time I agree with you bear, but not today. The offense linemen should have gotten MVP IMO. When things are bad everyone wants to blame them/and JPW, yet when we put 500 yrds the QB gets the gold....

Optimus said:
bear facts said:

99% time I agree with you bear, but not today. The offense linemen should have gotten MVP IMO. When things are bad everyone wants to blame them/and JPW, yet when we put 500 yrds the QB gets the gold....

Listen give that game another watch after the euphoria has worn off. The OL got the job done but JPW also made some things happened when he was pressured.

And he was pressured more than I'm sure the coaching staff would like.

Like I said, I'm very pleased with the effort and win.

It's great to have two weeks to prepare for LSU.

Yeah, you're right BF, JPW did come through with some good scrambles and good passes when the pressure was on.

Just good to see that the whole team showed up today, played for 60 minutes and laid the wood to the Viles!

I'm glad to see whatever has been challenging him mentally, is now gone! It started with laat weeks game and man did he step up for this weeks!

I hope we (the entire team/staff) can come out with as much fire and desire to win against the rest of our rivals for the season. We will need it for sure.

Now the boys get to take a needed BYE week, settle down from this BIG win and concentrate on ;j;l; . LSU's BYE week is also next week so they too will be much rested after playing AU tonight.

Here's to an awesome win everyone! Now lets do it every week and be consistant. That was my only big gripe with JPW, plus his inability to settle down, even when he had plenty of time. Kudos to him for stepping up and knocking that mental block off his shoulder!

Yes JPW did a wonderful job today and showed out. He ran the ball for some good yardage. Instead of sticking to the pocket he rolled out on some plays that turned into positive yards. He read the D well and made smart plays. He was very head strong in this game and did not turn the ball over. He was well prepared and hopefully a 2 weeek break will prepare him even more. When JPW has the time to throw and his head is in the game..he can do some major damage. The score speaks for itself.

Our O line stepped up today and it could call for a change in it...a positive one.

IMO

Back
Top Bottom