Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The way they have it now is good

• The players are still overworked

• Total voters

Crimson_Pride

Verified Member
How much time should coaches be allowed to have their players for workouts, conditioning, and practice throughout the year?

Is is too short now? Too much? Voluntary summer workouts aren't really voluntary as we all know. Should coaches just be allowed to be there and coach the team through a normal practice? What about the regular season limits. It's a loaded topic.

The coaches should be able to work with the players to some extent through out the year. I'm not saying they should be able to run full scale practices, but maybe a few hours a week of just basic instructional type stuff. I also don't believe anything other than actual on the field practice should be charged to the 20 hrs/week rule. Things such as film study and team meetings should not be included.

I agree with Bo as well . I think a lot is lost in the summer months . So a little each week would probably benefit the players mental parts as much as physical . Most of the kids on scholly are trying to prepare for the next level and devote their entire teen life to football . I think it would help them get there .

I know it would be tough on some of them but that is where you separate the true dedicated ones . JMO

I've noticed that so far, there are 2 votes for "They are still overworked". I'm very interested in hearing the opinions as to why some believe they are still overworked.

I think allowing the coaches to work during the Summer workouts would be good. The players already do a lot of strength conditioning during the offseason, but there's really no reason not to have the coaches conduct some sort of practice in the 2 or 3 months leading up to Fall practice. I don't think all year would be best because they do and should have lives outside of football. If you work them all year round then everything starts feeling more like a pro situation and I think they should be able to have a college experience.

You could simply regulate how many hours a week a coach can have practice. I don't see any harm in that. Spend some time on conditioning and everybody has a very fair and adequate shot to prepare their team for the Fall.

I still think the players have ample time for practicing and such but the one thing I would agree with is letting coaches in on these "voluntary" type deals. I mean they are really voluntary and what is the difference with letting the coaches come in and use that time?

porkchop said:
I still think the players have ample time for practicing and such but the one thing I would agree with is letting coaches in on these "voluntary" type deals. I mean they are really voluntary and what is the difference with letting the coaches come in and use that time?

They are only "voluntary" if you are ok with riding the pine in the fall.

Tideboy said:
porkchop said:

They are only "voluntary" if you are ok with riding the pine in the fall.

and being looked down upon by your teammates....there's a lot of pressure on each other to go through the same excruciating crap that everyone else does.

Dang y'all! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tb, C P my bad y'all!! :lol: I read your last reply about the practices being voluntary and thought, yeah that's what I just said. I didn't realize that I had mis-typed my post and left out one key word.

NOT!! :roll:

That's my gripe too. Why not let the coaches into these "voluntary" workouts and such, because they are NOT really voluntary. I don't see the point of limiting the coaches' time when the players basically have to be there anyway.

I guess proofreading isn't my specialty. :( :D

Back
Top Bottom