| CURRENT EVENTS Following Provorov's stance on Flyer's "Pride Night," NY Rangers "ditch LBGTQ+ jerseys."

Saw a video the yesterday of a gay man speaking on Provorov. He was highly critical of the forced Pride stuff and really ashamed that so many were jumping on Provorov for not taking part in it. He sees it the way I see it, if support is forced on everyone then it means nothing. Provorov did not say anything anti-gay that I have ever read, just refused to show outward support when told he had to do so or stay in the lockers.

He had more time on the ice that night than any of his teammates if I’m not mistaken. If he isn’t very good seems strange to do that.
The Flyers are third from the bottom in the NHL, so the entire team sucks.

I wasn’t meaning to be critical of the Jersey selling out, just it isn’t difficult to sell out. Shit the Colorado Avs sell out all the time and I damn well know there isn’t a lot of fans of a team in CO, well maybe now because they just won the Stanley Cup

I wasn’t meaning to be critical of the Jersey selling out, just it isn’t difficult to sell out. Shit the Colorado Avs sell out all the time and I damn well know there isn’t a lot of fans of a team in CO, well maybe now because they just won the Stanley Cup
I don’t follow the game but do cheer anyone on that gives push back to the queer nazis.

I don’t follow the game but do cheer anyone on that gives push back to the queer nazis.
TBH It is less the queer nazis in the end. Liberals and Conservatives both vilify those who don't think properly. Think Gay people are fine to live their own lives and you can support that? Conservatives paint you as a liberal who hates everything USA. Think Gays are immoral but you can let them live? Liberals paint you as a homophobe. Neither side is willing to let people be who they are.

They’re not second from the bottom.

NBC reported he chose not to participate in warm-ups. His manager is also quoted as saying "he did nothing wrong." Where is the "told he had to" coming from?
I said "told he had to do so or stay in the lockers." The team required everyone in the warmups to wear that jersey. He chose not to and stayed in the lockers. That is a forced scenario as you are not allowed to participate in a normal pre-game activity if you don't adhere to their requirement to show support for something even if you don't support it. There was no option to do the warmups and not wear the jersey. What happens when they decide to wear pride jerseys in a game? Is he still not being forced to wear it because he won't be allowed to be even with the team due to not wearing it?

There was no option to do the warmups and not wear the jersey.
Where did you read this?

I read a little, and saw a few clips, on the story from a few different outlets stopping when I made it to the ESPN coverage. Here's a section quoted below ...

You Can Play is the NHL's longtime social activism partner. Their COO dropped this jewel when talking about the story:

"We do this with a lot of our partners where, after an incident like this, we'll come in and run education sessions for the whole team, for the coaches, for the individual players on a one-on-one basis,"

Back
Top Bottom