| FTBL florida vs western kentucky at 11:30am(link)

Atlanta_Tider said:
TerryP said:
Porterhouse said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
A day of tailgating! :D :D :D :D get the grill ready porter!

We are going to tailgate on the banks of the Black Warrior, the only place I think we are allowed to park. Bring your fishing rod and I'll pack the fish fryer.

Are you serious? I don't think I could bring myself to eat anything out of the Black Warrior.
Wait till you meet this guy Terry. I would have to bait his damn hook and catch the fish, but Porter is our chef when it comes to grilling. He is right though, we would catch a fish, smack someone in the head with it, then go spend alot of money eating somewhere. :D

I'm actually a somewhat decent fisherman, I just don't have a lot of patience for it. I like bream and catfish fishing, because they are easy to catch a ton of in a small amount of time. Deep sea fishing is good too along those lines. I don't fish for enjoyment though. If it doesn't taste good, I don't fish for it. Bream fishing along the banks of Logan Martin and Lay Lake was a childhood favorite of mine.

Porterhouse said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
TerryP said:
Porterhouse said:
Atlanta_Tider said:

We are going to tailgate on the banks of the Black Warrior, the only place I think we are allowed to park. Bring your fishing rod and I'll pack the fish fryer.

Are you serious? I don't think I could bring myself to eat anything out of the Black Warrior.
Wait till you meet this guy Terry. I would have to bait his damn hook and catch the fish, but Porter is our chef when it comes to grilling. He is right though, we would catch a fish, smack someone in the head with it, then go spend alot of money eating somewhere. :D

I'm actually a somewhat decent fisherman, I just don't have a lot of patience for it. I like bream and catfish fishing, because they are easy to catch a ton of in a small amount of time. Deep sea fishing is good too along those lines. I don't fish for enjoyment though. If it doesn't taste good, I don't fish for it. Bream fishing along the banks of Logan Martin and Lay Lake was a childhood favorite of mine.
I know, Carp is the fish of choice!! I had no idea you had anything to do with fishing. I used to enjoy catfishing up in Guntersville on the front of my boat while docked in the marina. But I can sit and drink beer without smelling like damn chicken livers and fish! I love deap sea fishing though!

Porterhouse said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
TerryP said:
Porterhouse said:
Atlanta_Tider said:

Martin? Outside of ATL?

Living in Charleston, the ability to go deep sea fishing is always here. But, I seldom do. One thing you can count on is hitting the Cooper River during shrimping season (bait.) The last time out, within 25 minutes we had the limit (48 quarts.) Literally, one guy in the boat had one jump and he caught it.

Where did you grow up...oh, this is a football forum... :)

Maze will astound...there, a football subject.

Deep sea fishing is good too along those lines. I don't fish for enjoyment though.

Tell me about it. Deep sea fishing is the bomb and made espcially for people just like me who are too impatient for anything else. :lol:

I never grew up a hunter or fisherman (even though I lived in the country). I never had the patience for either. My idea of fishing is either (a) deep sea fishing, or (b) set the trot line out. My idea of hunting is to just walk out into the woods with the guys and BS and shoot cans until we're hungry and ready to go back home. If you're willing to sit in a tree stand to shoot a deer then more power to you. I have no interest and no patience for it.

I guess this is why I spent my time playing football and baseball in high school.

Atlanta_Tider said:
Porterhouse said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
TerryP said:
Porterhouse said:
Atlanta_Tider said:

I know, Carp is the fish of choice!! I had no idea you had anything to do with fishing. I used to enjoy catfishing up in Guntersville on the front of my boat while docked in the marina. But I can sit and drink beer without smelling like damn chicken livers and fish! I love deap sea fishing though!

I had a great Aunt that had several catfish ponds in Tallassee, that is the only way to go with catfish. Like I said, I don't have the patience. The cool thing about bream is they stay in beds, are easy to find, and apparently are not easily spooked which = buckets of them without much effort or time. I've only been deep sea fishing a few times, but learned if you tie off or anchor by a rig in the gulf, the fish will find your cigar minnow rather quickly.

I haven't been fishing in several years though, so it isn't something I do very often by any means.

TerryP said:
Porterhouse said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
TerryP said:
Porterhouse said:
Atlanta_Tider said:

Martin? Outside of ATL?

Living in Charleston, the ability to go deep sea fishing is always here. But, I seldom do. One thing you can count on is hitting the Cooper River during shrimping season (bait.) The last time out, within 25 minutes we had the limit (48 quarts.) Literally, one guy in the boat had one jump and he caught it.

Where did you grow up...oh, this is a football forum... :)

Maze will astound...there, a football subject.

Logan Martin near Pell City.

Lived in B'ham (Vestavia) until the 8th grade, then moved to Daphne, AL.

porkchop said:
Deep sea fishing is good too along those lines. I don't fish for enjoyment though.

Tell me about it. Deep sea fishing is the bomb and made espcially for people just like me who are too impatient for anything else. :lol:

I never grew up a hunter or fisherman (even though I lived in the country). I never had the patience for either. My idea of fishing is either (a) deep sea fishing, or (b) set the trot line out. My idea of hunting is to just walk out into the woods with the guys and BS and shoot cans until we're hungry and ready to go back home. If you're willing to sit in a tree stand to shoot a deer then more power to you. I have no interest and no patience for it.

I guess this is why I spent my time playing football and baseball in high school.

Yeah, I've never been hunting, '66 and Doe laughed at me all A-Day weekend because of it. I was too busy trying to become the next Will Clark. :roll:

I used to love to hunt deer with dogs. Never liked sitting in a tree much.

I still enjoy fishing, I just don't have the time to do it often. I've never been deep sea fishing.

TerryP said:
Porterhouse said:
Atlanta_Tider said:

Not to bust ba!!s or anything...but the Black Warrior is a pretty clean river. I was told it was dirty and did some research and it turns out it is one of the cleanest rivers in the state. Anything you catch out of the river is VERY safe to eat.

I think it is a common misconception to say it is dirty because it makes people sound "environmentaly aware". It tickles me to hear people say it is dirty. It is not any dirtier than ANY untreated water and cleaner than MOST untreated water.

Yeehaw.

rope_swing.jpg

Back
Top Bottom