| FTBL First team O-Line today...

I

imported_Porter

In drills, the first team OL consisted of:

A. Smith - M. Johnson - A. Caldwell - M. Davis - T. Pharr

It was only the first day of practice, but that is how they started out.

Porterhouse said:
In drills, the first team OL consisted of:

A. Smith - M. Johnson - A. Caldwell - M. Davis - T. Pharr

It was only the first day of practice, but that is how they started out.

Interesting...I like the thoughts here...

It Takes Eleven said:
I know that the fourth quarter program has a bearing on this, but does anyone have any insight who did (or didn't) distinguish themselves during the 4Q?

RTR,

Tim

Pharr has a history of being a weight room warrior. He was one of the strongest players on the team as a frosh, and to be honest I am surprised to just now see him in the running for a starting spot. I heard that he was surprised by how easy the workout expectations were as a true frosh. He did not have press of Ross, Smith, or Stadler, but if what I have heard is true, he has the intangibles.

Big_Fan said:
It Takes Eleven said:
I know that the fourth quarter program has a bearing on this, but does anyone have any insight who did (or didn't) distinguish themselves during the 4Q?

RTR,

Tim

Pharr has a history of being a weight room warrior. He was one of the strongest players on the team as a frosh, and to be honest I am surprised to just now see him in the running for a starting spot. I heard that he was surprised by how easy the workout expectations were as a true frosh. He did not have press of Ross, Smith, or Stadler, but if what I have heard is true, he has the intangibles.

I played a little in highschool with him. He is no doubt a hard worker in the weight room. I watched him get huge(while I was lazy). He's a good guy with a hungry attitude.

bamatommy said:
What about Evan Cardwell? I was thinking he might be the center, since he played that a fair amount last year, and Caldwell got moved to guard.

He is still an option at center. Pendry and Saban like those guys be interchangeable, so we will see several of them move around a bit. In the end, they are going to try to get the best 5 on the field though. IMO, the key to everything falling into place on the line is the right tackle position. If Pharr can step up and that light finally goes on for him, this line can be very stout.

Porterhouse said:
bamatommy said:
What about Evan Cardwell? I was thinking he might be the center, since he played that a fair amount last year, and Caldwell got moved to guard.

He is still an option at center. Pendry and Saban like those guys be interchangeable, so we will see several of them move around a bit. In the end, they are going to try to get the best 5 on the field though. IMO, the key to everything falling into place on the line is the right tackle position. If Pharr can step up and that light finally goes on for him, this line can be very stout.

Just to build on what Porter said, Cardwell worked at RG with the 2's.

Second unit yesterday was from left to right, Deaton, Ross, Vlachos, Cardwell, and Drew Davis.

shipley00 said:
IMO, the key to everything falling into place on the line is the right tackle position.

Hmmm, something familiar about that from years past. I REALLY can't wait NOT worry about the production at Right Tackle.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler Love starting this season.

Back
Top Bottom