| FTBL Film vs Georgia.

Just gonna go ahead and get this started for later(I gotta go to bed Mayne). Ive watched the game 3-4 times and wanted to go over some plays with y'all. But first, I wanted to share this. I couldn't get the video to save, but someone posted the exact same thing I wanted to show. I remember seeing this during the game and laughing to myself, saw it again and did the same thing.... can y'all tell what it is?

Just gonna go ahead and get this started for later(I gotta go to bed Mayne). Ive watched the game 3-4 times and wanted to go over some plays with y'all. But first, I wanted to share this. I couldn't get the video to save, but someone posted the exact same thing I wanted to show. I remember seeing this during the game and laughing to myself, saw it again and did the same thing.... can y'all tell what it is?

I see two spies, so they were just one shy of a ring...

It worked remarkably well. He had all day to throw in the 2nd half. Not sure if our WRs were not getting separation or what. Rushing 3, 2 spies, and 6 DB/safeties. Should have been room right behind those spies or deep down the field.

This is the blitz I talked about earlier on another post. Q-Rob lines up in a 3 technique on the guard, then works inside to the A gap once the ball is snapped, Lawson loops down to the B gap and has free range the quarterback to make this sack. Love the designed stunt on this play, Q-Rob played it perfectly, and not only ate up his blocker, but beat him as well. And great job of timing up his blitz by Lawson. Just a beautifully executed play.

I honestly can't get the all-22 film for this game for some reason but if I could, I would start doing the breakdown on why Georgia came back, the mistakes we made and how they will be corrected. From scheme to execution we made mistakes on both coaching and playing side during the 2nd half. We need to improve as a team and as a coaching staff and games like this will really help our development. I would've been worried if we blew them out by 30+ because nothing would've changed and there would've been less to coach up for the next week.

Lawson does a good job in his run fit here. Takes his read step, able to undercut the lineman, work downhill and make a play at the line of scrimmage. Good job of playing it inside out and taking away a cutback lane for the running back. Kept his shoulders and hips squared while maintaining a low base the whole way through. Also good job by Campbell for working through traffic and coming in to clean up on the play. Both these guys did a good job against the run for most of the game. And that's a tough ask against Georgia. They fit their gaps correctly, were physical in taking on block, stacking and shedding them off and making a play. Did a good job of scraping and working through traffic. Love how this ILB group played Saturday.

Lawson does a good job in his run fit here. Takes his read step, able to undercut the lineman, work downhill and make a play at the line of scrimmage. Good job of playing it inside out and taking away a cutback lane for the running back. Kept his shoulders and hips squared while maintaining a low base the whole way through. Also good job by Campbell for working through traffic and coming in to clean up on the play. Both these guys did a good job against the run for most of the game. And that's a tough ask against Georgia. They fit their gaps correctly, were physical in taking on block, stacking and shedding them off and making a play. Did a good job of scraping and working through traffic. Love how this ILB group played Saturday.
UGA had 80 yards rushing as I recall. Have not looked it up to get the ypc but given the # of passes I would expect the number of rushing yards to be low and actually lower than 80. It was the kind of game where there were not very many called runs so the rushing yards should be low.

UGA had 80 yards rushing as I recall. Have not looked it up to get the ypc but given the # of passes I would expect the number of rushing yards to be low and actually lower than 80. It was the kind of game where there were not very many called runs so the rushing yards should be low.
It was wasn't really until late in the third quarter where they stopped running the ball at all. Could they have run for over a 100? Possibly, but we were stuffing them each time they were trying to run it until they threw it out the window.
Ettiene had 12 carries for 55 yards late into that game with a touchdown. I'll take that any day.

Milroe missed his backs in the flats NUMEROUS times. Haynes and Miller were all alone multiple times and Jalen never looked right to dump to them. It was eating me alive to see that and us not convert.

Back
Top Bottom