| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Fargo, anyone?

Watch it last night. BBT deadpan is good. But, if you miss the first show you behind, it will be hard to follow. I would watch it again, but, got to watch that first one just to understand the plot.

Can it be considered addictive now?

With me, EP1 was enough to get my attention. I'm the type that will give a new show a few episodes before I'll make a decision on whether it's one of those that the DVR records weekly.

Here's the thing about Fargo. Setting aside the cast—and there are some great actors in this series—FX has a reputation with me for their original series; a good one. Justified, SOA, and The Bridge are all pretty damn good shows (though I don't follow SOA anymore.) I've not watched The Americans yet, but it's one of those series I'm going to catch up on over the summer.

How did anyone like the way it ended?

Overall, it was one of the best mini-series I've ever seen on TV. I didn't like it as much as Band of Brothers (all time favorite for mini-series,) but it was certainly as good as some of the more recent ones like The Pacific or The Hatfields and McCoys.

Individually, there were some great performances. I'm having a hard time thinking of a role Billy Bob Thornton has been bad in so saying he did a good job as Malvo really isn't saying much.

The one person I was pleasantly surprised with was Kate Walsh playing the role of the widow of Sam Hess. I was only vaguely familiar with her based on catching glances of Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice.

As to how it ended? Since there are those that haven't seen it yet...

Lester falling in the ice? Seems like it could have been better but, then again, considering how he ends up in some of the situations he was in?

Molly as a pregnant wife? Not a big fan there. As the husband of Gus? Good fit.

Back
Top Bottom