| FTBL 🏈 Fall Camp ~ 2024 🏈 : News, notes, thoughts and comments. (Day 1: July 31st.)

TerryP

Staff
I haven't seen a schedule for the entire camp. If you have, please direct us to where.

Ya know, this is another "new territory." Through the years we learned the little nuances of Saban's fall camps. Starters were named, but unnamed. We saw them in press conferences (sometimes going to the point of answering he question IF a guy was going to start.) We heard from Coach, and then the assistants for a few minutes.

We have no idea what these next few weeks will be like, as fans. A few months ago members of the media were celebrating a comment by Coach DeBoer about practices being opened more. I was of the opinion then, and still am today, they are in for a bit of a rude awakening.

I haven't seen a schedule for the entire camp. If you have, please direct us to where.

Ya know, this is another "new territory." Through the years we learned the little nuances of Saban's fall camps. Starters were named, but unnamed. We saw them in press conferences (sometimes going to the point of answering he question IF a guy was going to start.) We heard from Coach, and then the assistants for a few minutes.

We have no idea what these next few weeks will be like, as fans. A few months ago members of the media were celebrating a comment by Coach DeBoer about practices being opened more. I was of the opinion then, and still am today, they are in for a bit of a rude awakening.

Interesting. The month has really flown by and here we are a hair over a month away from the start of the season. Crazy how it all piles on at the end with Fall Camp so close.

I was one that fell into that as well that more access would be offered, but now that you bring up camp I can't believe nothing has been talked about or published yet. Thinking Fan Day is still on the table?

This falls under "Things I have never thought about."

I like it for my son. He just turned 11 and I know I only have a couple more years of him getting truly excited about player interaction like this, so it's a fun thing for us. Missed it last year, and then I believe the last two years before that it was gone because of the coronavirus. Joined Yea Alabama for a couple of reasons, but this kind of access was one of them. I hope they also do one for the basketball team like they did last year. My son has really wanted to meet Mark Sears the last year and a half. Milroe was his football guy, but he got to meet him at the closed practice in the Spring, so he was geeked up about that and Ryan Williams.

@musso

When we were talking about Odom the other day you mentioned he needed "Randy Moss hands and speed."
A quick note Law: Tre Brown, a CB from Okie State, was clocked at a 23.3. When Tyrik Hill came out he was clocked at 23.24. (He has shaved some time off.)

Law is being clocked right now at 23.6 and they are expecting this to shave time off of that this fall. He's around 6', a little over 200 lbs, and moving that quickly.

Summer has definitely flown by!! I used to think it went fast when I was teaching, but this one has been different. I don’t know if it’s the excitement of the upcoming season with a new coach or what!

I know the first scrimmage is August 10 in the morning in the stadium.

I know the first scrimmage is August 10 in the morning in the stadium.
Yeah. I head the second Saturday in August so I guess the 10th fits. I didn't look at a calendar.

I know the news of morning practices broke a few weeks ago. I am more curious if they have any "day time" practices in camp. Is the scrimmage going to be in the morning?

Here's the wild thing about this years schedule. The first time this team will play in the "heat of Tuscaloosa" is October, against UofSC. All night games except Wisconsin...should not be too hot that morning.

Yeah. I head the second Saturday in August so I guess the 10th fits. I didn't look at a calendar.

I know the news of morning practices broke a few weeks ago. I am more curious if they have any "day time" practices in camp. Is the scrimmage going to be in the morning?

Here's the wild thing about this years schedule. The first time this team will play in the "heat of Tuscaloosa" is October, against UofSC. All night games except Wisconsin...should not be too hot that morning.
Scrimmage starts at 9 am.

Back
Top Bottom