| NEWS ESPN's announcement to broadcast Kalen DeBoer led Crimson Tide's 2024 Spring game has fans debating: "Alabama ... - Sportskeeda

You have to be a special kind of stupid to compare Bama and Colorado. Those are probably the same fans that think Group of Five teams are just as good as SEC and Big Ten teams. I am constantly amazed at the ignorance and sheer stupidity of people in this day and age.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to compare Bama and Colorado. Those are probably the same fans that think Group of Five teams are just as good as SEC and Big Ten teams. I am constantly amazed at the ignorance and sheer stupidity of people in this day and age.
Just trolls. For those who have never......
Its gonna be a tough season....competition wise...
@wisconsin...@tennnessee..@lsu.....@Oklahoma ..uga.......

Stay healthy....rebuild D...improve Oline...
My 3 keys

Josh Pate is the guy that's brought it into the college football vocab lately.

The wildfire comparison is interesting.

(OT: Read an article a few days ago about CalFire being upset with Fire Country and vowing to never allow a production to use their name again.)
Ms50+ loves Fire Country...i find it rather pitiful...but typical tv....network style...

Watch "Only The Brave". To catch a glimpse of a wildland fire story
Story of the Granite Mountain Hotshots....and ... their tragedy....
40+ years working in the field on wildland fires...a very long hard dangerous job...

Alabama will most likely be a BETTER team this year..with a BETTER coaching staff..with a NEW motivation.. We have no choice but to move on quickly..

Last edited:
Oh ok...better than a nick sabanteam.....coached by greatest coach of all time according to many......BETTER?
Its the only choice we have.. Until we got Nick only the Bear would do..Then we got Saban and we moved on…Saban is gone and not to return…So we all must believe things will be BETTER…That is how we move on..

Better than the 2023 team? I can see that; easily.

They are better at QB out of the gate. Better on the DL, the ILB, the WR is looking like it's going to be better.
Better than the early in the season 2023 team or late in the season? As stated in another thread I just do not see it. Talent yes, coaching will be good. Reps in a new system, OL and Secondary I do not believe will be better. I also believe the coaches learning how to coach together against the competition in this league and some coaches in new roles (OC is who I am thinking about) will have growing pains.

What I absoultely do expect to be better is the center to QB exchange :). That by itself will make Milroe a better QB. The WR's need to be better also. Freshman WR has talent but no experience at this level.

With all that said it is just hard for me to believe a new coach will be as good or better than the GOAT. Not trying to compare or be down on CKD just trying to think objectively at least in my mind.

Better than the early in the season 2023 team or late in the season? As stated in another thread I just do not see it. Talent yes, coaching will be good. Reps in a new system, OL and Secondary I do not believe will be better. I also believe the coaches learning how to coach together against the competition in this league and some coaches in new roles (OC is who I am thinking about) will have growing pains.
I don't follow your thinking. "OC is who I am thinking about" confuses me because the OC has been working with DeBoer for eight years. He's been his OC in the past. DeBoer system hasn't changed. Shepard, worked with DeBoer. The OC, QB coach, WR coach, and head coach ... all have worked together.

Kapilovic is new on the offense. Thirty years coaching experience tells me he may know a thing, or two, about coaching an offensive line.

With all that said it is just hard for me to believe a new coach will be as good or better than the GOAT. Not trying to compare or be down on CKD just trying to think objectively at least in my mind.
Why compare the two when you can't compare the two?

When DeBoer was hired I said there was going to be significant change. There has been significant change.

And there's a "need" to compare the two?

I hope to GOD we don't go through another decade like the Saban vs Bryant debates. We'd find more in common with Mark Sears and Mark Gottfried.

I don't follow your thinking. "OC is who I am thinking about" confuses me because the OC has been working with DeBoer for eight years. He's been his OC in the past. DeBoer system hasn't changed. Shepard, worked with DeBoer. The OC, QB coach, WR coach, and head coach ... all have worked together.

Kapilovic is new on the offense. Thirty years coaching experience tells me he may know a thing, or two, about coaching an offensive line.
I thought the new OC had been the TE coach before Grub left and he was promoted. Did not have much OC experience. Even if Grub who everyone was touting had stayed I would have still been tapping the brakes on year one expectations.

Back
Top Bottom