| FTBL ESPN killing 150 more jobs this morning

one part i found funny is:

Hill's suspension was paid, according to ESPN book author Jim Miller.

why do they always suspend somebody with pay? that's like giving them a paid vacation. if i'm gonna suspend somebody, they damn sure ain't getting paid for it. and if i got suspended where i work, you better believe i wouldn't get paid for it.

i never have understood that nonsense.

Last edited:
I wish they would get rid of LeBatard. Plenty of reasons, not the least of which being the accent you have to hear from the guy that speaks English as a second language. That voice is worse than nails on a legacy chalkboard. You can't convince me that guy doesn't play up that accent to make is sound even stronger than it is... If I even hear a commercial with him I immediately change the channel. Anyone else cringe when that dude says something?

I wish they would get rid of LeBatard. Plenty of reasons, not the least of which being the accent you have to hear from the guy that speaks English as a second language. That voice is worse than nails on a legacy chalkboard. You can't convince me that guy doesn't play up that accent to make is sound even stronger than it is... If I even hear a commercial with him I immediately change the channel. Anyone else cringe when that dude says something?
He was born in New Jersey. How is English his second language?

I listen to his radio show occasionally. It's better than a lot that's out there in my opinion.

People got real pissed off about his reaction(s) when Saban left Miami. I saw few, if any, mention he was speaking for his audience (or pandering if you will.)

He was born in New Jersey. How is English his second language?

I listen to his radio show occasionally. It's better than a lot that's out there in my opinion.

People got real pissed off about his reaction(s) when Saban left Miami. I saw few, if any, mention he was speaking for his audience (or pandering if you will.)
Pretty sure Papi (the guy on the show that has the huge accent) wasn't born in New Jersey. Spend most of my time in NY and I've learned the accents from each Burrough and New nersey. His is more foreign :) And SUPER annoying

Pretty sure Papi (the guy on the show that has the huge accent) wasn't born in New Jersey. Spend most of my time in NY and I've learned the accents from each Burrough and New nersey. His is more foreign :) And SUPER annoying
What you might find interesting is Papi is one of the most popular "figure heads" on ESPN. A lot like him despite English being his second language.

I don't watch Highly Questionable. It's not because of his father, or Dan. (I'm not big fan of Bomani Jones due to some of his opinions.) It's a personal choice though. I was never a fan of PTI, Sportsnation, or Around the Horn. It is my opinion HQ is heads and shoulders above those three shows.

I have to give Papi a break considering his defection from Cuba and the fact he's got a Masters degree in Industrial Engineering that didn't translate when he immigrated. People may not like him but he's a smart cookie.

And adding a bit to that ...

I have to give a H/T to Dan bringing his father into his show as a demonstration of his appreciation.

As to his radio show it's not something you listen to for a "hot take" or breaking sports news. He's more about casual discussions, revolving around sports, but definitely not completely centered on sporting events. For me, it's good background noise/entertainment when working.

Papi is there for the comical relief. Much like Junior Samples when he held up the sign BR549. I just stay away from ESPN in the morning pretty much so I don't know much about the program other than it was always all over the place.

I'll give Papi gredit for his smarts and drive, but the episodes I saw had him contributing very little other than holding up signs with a rating score or thumbs up/down. And then of course them getting him to read questions/topics to the background sound of a trumpet... I still say he plays up the accent more than it really is when he does the radio promos for the show.

And yeah, agree on Bomani. His presentation and over-the-top "brother" style delivery mixed with opinions I definitely don't see eye to eye on, make his radio show a definite Scan initiator.

Looks like all of us are on the same page here. Politics need to be on politics channels. When I turn to a sports channel I am looking for sports, not some nasty comment about our president or anyone else they want to bash. Just shut up and keep the politics out of sports. You can't pick a side if you know half of your audience is on the other side. Too dumb to know their market. I will keep boycotting them except for the games I want to watch. I know I am being a sellout to my principles but I like watching the games because all the politics and hype is settled on the field.

Back
Top Bottom