| NEWS ESPN FPI projects three contenders to flounder - 247Sports

Off the jump, I don't konw where you're coming from. Are you suggesting his hire here was viewed as a rehab stint?

Why yes, yes I do. From Cristabol's perspective, it was school time. That shouldn't be an insult in that these guys openly confess to coming to Tuscaloosa for a crash course in how to be a better coach all the time. Raising your coaching profile is just part of the perks of choosing your university wisely.

Are you suggesting his hire here was viewed as a rehab stint?
Why yes, yes I do.
This is why I stopped reading at the first sentence. Any critique or comment that followed was based on a false premise, here your characterization of "rehab."

When he was fired at FIU the decision was widely criticized by the media. Rightfully so.

He was then hired at Miami. Not Ohio, the Miami Hurricanes. One of the titles he held, among position coach, was that of an assistant coach. It didn't take long and he's at Alabama when Saban called and offered him a job in Tuscaloosa. Coincidently, with the same title along with having a role as a position coach.

You don't go from one, Miami, to another, Alabama, and call it rehab. He literally went from being hired, hired with a raise and better job and then hired again. All within a matter of weeks...

They were winless the season before they hired him as head coach. Four years later they win the Sun Belt. First winning season in FIU's history? Cristobal. A bad season and he's fired.

And he's at Miami ...

I see a problem with critiquing a coach when you don't know anything about the coach.

This is why I stopped reading at the first sentence. Any critique or comment that followed was based on a false premise, here your characterization of "rehab."

When he was fired at FIU the decision was widely criticized by the media. Rightfully so.

He was then hired at Miami. Not Ohio, the Miami Hurricanes. One of the titles he held, among position coach, was that of an assistant coach. It didn't take long and he's at Alabama when Saban called and offered him a job in Tuscaloosa. Coincidently, with the same title along with having a role as a position coach.

You don't go from one, Miami, to another, Alabama, and call it rehab. He literally went from being hired, hired with a raise and better job and then hired again. All within a matter of weeks...

They were winless the season before they hired him as head coach. Four years later they win the Sun Belt. First winning season in FIU's history? Cristobal. A bad season and he's fired.

And he's at Miami ...

I see a problem with critiquing a coach when you don't know anything about the coach.

You definitely have a lot to say for a guy who didn't get past the first line.

There's an old adage, that says: "That anyone replying on a matter before he hears it is an act of foolishness and a humiliation."

If you can't comment on what I actually wrote and didn't bother to read it, why would I spend any more meaningful time explaining it further?

If you can't comment on what I actually wrote and didn't bother to read it,
Because the very foundation of any comment made thereafter is not true. You're giving an opinion on a person based on something that has no foundation. Why bother reading an opinion when it's based on a false premise?

Been down this road before ...

Auburn flounders, LSU flounders in a downward trajectory.

Floordah and Aggies have a pretty good year relatively. Wouldn't surprise me if Alabama vs. A&M was for all the western marbles this season.

Because the very foundation of any comment made thereafter is not true. You're giving an opinion on a person based on something that has no foundation. Why bother reading an opinion when it's based on a false premise?

Been down this road before ...

My guess is none the smarter for it either. Imagine a big boy like you getting stumbled over a little adjective like that.

JMO but is a mistake to underestimate the cow college. It is my hope the bastids never win another game, set, inning, match, or meet.

Guz is going back to his roots with the HUNH and he is between a rock and a hard place as far as wins. I have him at 8-4 or 9-3. As long as Bama doesn't win the NC then Guz will be ok for another year.

JMO but is a mistake to underestimate the cow college. It is my hope the bastids never win another game, set, inning, match, or meet.

Guz is going back to his roots with the HUNH and he is between a rock and a hard place as far as wins. I have him at 8-4 or 9-3. As long as Bama doesn't win the NC then Guz will be ok for another year.

They have a bunch of seniors this year - I know, I know, meaning none of them are NFL early entry quality. They seem to do well when they shouldn't, and suck when expectations are high.

I don't know if 8-4 or 9-3 will save his job whether BAMA wins the Natty or not. I think if those losses include some combination of UGA, BAMA, LSwho, then he is done! Shades of Bill Curry going 0-3 against the Barners comes to mind. A lot of those people want Gus gone.

They seem to do well when they shouldn't, and suck when expectations are high.

I know expectations aren't through the roof with them BUT they are projecting themselves to have their "best defense ever" and they have "Gus is back calling the plays", even though he was still meddling and taking over from his coordinators in the past. I can see this group crashing and burning at 6-6 or winning as many as 8-9 games. I think they would need to find that lucky ass horseshoe again to top 9 wins though.

Back
Top Bottom