| MBB/WBB Elephant in the room

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Ok Gents,

Let's throw it out there. We have been and always will be considered a football school, we have an awesome basketball coach right now and just made a massive investment in a new arena. Anybody else worried that Texas, NC or Duke back up the Brinks truck and try to steal or guy?

We're going to have to pay up to keep him, particularly if we make it deep in the tourney this year. He's well outside the top 10 in salaries, and by some sources he's outside the top 25. The link below shows Huggins at 4.2 million at number 10. I agree MSU is accustomed to paying a huge salary to Izzo, so it's likely they would pay a quality replacement two-thirds to three-quarters of his 8.2 million salary.

I am not going to lie, I think Texas makes a had push for CNO. Worried, no but I am concerned. We need to pay him well and keep him in T'town. There is no reason that Bama cannot be a major player in college basketball.

Oats isn't going anywhere for a while. He'll receive a big raise after this year + bonus (especially if this team reaches the Final Four).

I am worried a smaller school will look for Bryan Hogdson or Charlie Henry one day. More so worried if we lose Hogdson because how good of a recruiter he is.

No.

The school/coach to watch is Izzo and the Sparty's.

This. I'll add Wisconsin as a maybe too. But MSU is, and has always been, the one to watch when Izzo retires. Don't be at all shocked though if he uses the arena stuff for leverage. The timing of all of it couldn't be much worse, but he wants it committed to sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom