| RECRUIT Early National Signing Day starts Wednesday, December 19th.

Recruiting - BONE: 10 recruiting thoughts.. | BamaInsider.com

1. Alabama, in previous years, has not hit the recruiting trail during SEC Championship game week (when they are in the game of course). Alabama would much rather play in the game instead of going on the road, but it has still put the Crimson Tide a little bit behind as Nick Saban has mentioned several times in the past. Coach Saban decided to get out in front of it this year, and coaches hit the road after practice last week. I know Tosh Lupoi and Mike Locksley went to see the IMG trio (Trey Sanders, Evan Neal and Nolan Smith), Pete Golding went to Mississippi to see Nakobe Dean, Brent Key spent some time with Clay Webb and Alabama commitment Amari Kight. Joe Pannunzio went to south Florida to see Khris Bogle, Jordan Battle and Tide commitment Braylen Ingraham. Craig Kuligowski took a trip to Mississippi to see Alabama commitment Byron Young.

We are going to see a whole lot of visits the next few weeks. A lot of them are in-home. Some are just at the school. It was a big first day on the recruiting trail on Monday as several top recruits were seen by Tide coaches. I am going to update daily on the board as much as possible. Some we aren't going to know about, but hopefully the majority of visits will come to light throughout the day. Nick Saban saw Clay Webb on Monday morning followed by a trip to Mississippi to see Brandon Turnage and was expected back in Birmingham during the afternoon to send time with DJ Dale.

Alabama DB target Marcus Banks will have an in-home visit this evening (around 6:30) with Jeff Banks and Karl Scott.

2. I try to tell some of the more vocal recruiting junkies/believers who say Alabama will get everyone to let things play out each year. Never a good idea to post how players are guaranteed to end up in the class when coaches or even the recruits themselves know their destination. I’ve seen it so strongly on guys like Clay Webb, Ishmael Sopsher and Nakobe Dean this year.

There’s a big reason why we don’t say a player is a guaranteed lock during the middle of the season. A big part of it is because of coaching turnover. Now there are some instances where it doesn’t really matter. Some recruits are going to a particular school regardless of an assistant coach/position coach/recruiting coach. Some are going simply because of that reason. Remember a few years ago- Alabama fought hard to flip JaCoby Stevens from LSU. Stevens basically said if Corey Raymond (LSU DBs coach) left he would go to Alabama.

These are things we try to consider when making predictions. I try hard not to make pre-mature predictions on players. Yes, I’ll state where I think things stand (as of today), but nothing is a guarantee in the recruiting world. You just never know what may happen. Alabama had a lot of turnover this past year. A lot of fresh faces on the coaching roster. How much will it change this year? How much will it effect recruits? We really won’t know until it happens. Alabama will likely lose its OC (Mike Locksley) to Maryland. Will Golding possibly leave? Any others? I remember last year some were saying how dumb it was to spend so much time recruiting JJ Peterson when he was a stone, cold lock. Yep, that worked out. There is no sense in trying to create a false narrative. Players are not 100-percent locks. Even the ones who commit to Alabama (2x)- Dominick Anderson..

Just let it play out. Some are very good at providing great info. I always appreciate it. I also like to fact check. I can confirm or deny things pretty quickly. Info is welcomed every day on this board. I just think sometimes we get a little too far ahead of ourselves.

3. There has been some heavy speculation regarding Nolan Smith and a possible flip from Georgia since Mel Tucker accepted the head coaching job at Colorado. I'm not jumping on the train. I still expect he will sign with the Bulldogs on the 19th. He is taking an official visit to Georgia next weekend. Alabama will still have a few more visits with Smith before his final decision is reached. Like it or not Georgia's program is definitely a power. They are not on the decline. I don't expect him to flip.

So what if Nolan Smith sticks with UGA as expected? Alabama still wants to add an elite edge rusher. We've talked a lot recently about Khris Bogle favoring the Crimson Tide after his official visit. There is also some recent speculation that Kayvon Thibodeaux is favoring Alabama once again. Many have considered Oregon the favorite for Thibodeaux since his official visit to Oregon. I keep saying don't count out Tosh Lupoi here. Oregon DC Jim Leavitt could also be on the move. It may have a bigger impact on him than say Tucker's departure impact on Nolan Smith.

4. Desperate times calls for desperate measures, right? I'm absolutely stunned though by Miami's offer to Evan Neal's older brother who hasn't put on football pads in three years. Just a family member on an official visit and Miami is like "hey, come join our team too." We've seen this song and dance plenty of times in the past, but usually the sibling, relative or close friend is also actively playing the sport. Alabama has felt very good about its position with Neal. I know we've discussed Miami as the biggest threat because of his family. This kind of takes it to a different level. I don't know what kind of level it is though. Panic? Weird? Desperation? It seems to me that Miami sees Neal as a heavy lean to Alabama, and they are going to do whatever it takes to get him. I honestly do not know if this gimmick will work.

Alabama commitment Justin Eboigbe is taking an official visit to Miami this weekend. Interesting to see what all Mark Richt has in store.

5. I believe many have seen the Rivals100 Top 10 update which means the Rivals100 will release on Tuesday. Will Alabama have any big movers? How about Trey Sanders move from No. 6 to No. 2 overall in the Rivals100? Derek Stingley is a stud, but still kind of surprised he is No. 1 overall. Nolan Smith moved up to No. 5 overall. Darnell Wright is No. 6 and Kayvon Thibodeaux is No. 10.

I think we will see some big movers on Tuesday. I can't imagine Evan Neal not in the top 20. He may move up into the top 10 after the All-American game. I think most only want to know if Antonio Alfano will make the move to five-stars? Big debate here and it was a national story on Monday. I think he gets his fifth star.

Will any other Alabama targets or commitments move up in the Rivals100? Nakobe Dean has been a borderline five-star throughout his entire recruitment. Has the time finally come for him to move to five-stars? There are several Alabama commitments who had fantastic senior seasons- Taulia Tagovailoa, Brandon Turnage, DeMarrco Hellams are some of the notable guys outside of the Rivals100 who deserve some attention. I think at least one of these players makes a move into the updated Rivals100.

6. I have to admit I really don't know how it will end up at the DB position. There are four players. Two spots. Any of the four players can call Alabama right now and commit. All four have a pretty good idea on where Alabama stands- you can commit now or wait, and the spot is possibly not available.

Jeffery Carter- The Texas A&M commitment 'supposed' to be in Tuscaloosa this weekend for an official visit. I believe the Aggies are really pushing him not to take the trip, but it's more than likely going to happen. I heard Alabama wanted to go in-home with him on Thursday, but his family said no need if they are coming this weekend. Just what I've heard. Alabama is the only other school he is considering.

Jordan Battle- The Ohio State commitment has some reservations regarding Urban Meyer and how long he will remain in Columbus. Alabama has been trying to flip him for a while. This flip seems more likely than Carter especially given the fact there are reports out there about Meyer stepping down after next season.

Marcus Banks- It definitely looks like an Alabama-Texas A&M battle. He will announce a decision on January 5. Yes, A&M will take Battle if they hang on to Carter. Still interesting to see what happens if Carter sticks. A&M will get one of the two. I don't see them losing both. It willl not surprise me if they get both though.

Noa Pola-Gates- For some reason people don't believe he is a take for Bama. The only way he isn't a take if Bama is full by the time he announces a decision. Pola-Gates will receive a visit from Alabama on Tuesday. I heard he was pressed a little during his official visit to go ahead and make a decision because of the tight numbers. I believe if he really wants to get on board he will decide within the next few weeks instead of waiting until his scheduled commitment date of January 19.

7. Nathan Pickering, four-star defensive end from Seminary High School in Mississippi, is scheduled to take an official visit to Alabama this weekend. Not sure if it’s a good or a bad thing. Pickering won't announce a final decision until February. So this is likely his final time to visit Tuscaloosa. It's still possible he will return for an unofficial visit sometime in January. Alabama remains high on Pickering. The Crimson Tide really wants to close strong on the defensive line. That includes adding a few commitments and hanging on to the current ones. Ty Robinson, four-star defensive end from Higly High School in Gilbert, Arizona, will have an in-home with Alabama on Tuesday. My gut tells me Nebraska, but you never know. Alabama will really try to sell him on available playing time before he announces his decision on December 19.

8. I mentioned Nick Saban and Brent Key had a sit down with Clay Webb earlier today. Kirby Smart is scheduled to have his in-home visit with Webb this evening. Webb remains a top target for Alabama. There is still so much speculation on each side of his recruitment it's hard to know what to believe. Alabama, Clemson and Georgia all feel good about their current position with him. He won't take official visits before announcing his decision on December 10. Will his relationship with Brent Key win out in the end? I imagine guys like Pierce Quick and Paul Tyson are still heavily recruiting him to join them in Tuscaloosa. There hasn't been any leaks regarding how the in-homes with Webb have been going the last week. Georgia seems to be the most confident on him at this time, but is it just a feeling? I think Webb gives all the schools the same vibe including Alabama.

9. I still really like Alabama's chances this month with Trey Sanders. The No. 2 overall player in the country will announce his decision on December 19. I know he created some buzz last week after his official visit to Florida State. Don't get too caught up in social media posts the next few weeks. Some of you may have panic attacks! FSU actually lost its OC Walt Bell today to UMass. Alabama is in good shape here, but just to be careful the Crimson Tide is expected to bring in DJ Williams, three-star running back from Sebring High School in Florida, for an official visit this weekend. Williams had one of hell of senior season and has attracted a lot of major attention.

10. A few more quick hitters....

Nakobe Dean- I still really like Alabama's chances with Dean. I'm not ready to make a final prediction on him just yet. I think it's close. I definitely believe Georgia is a major contender. Some believe Ole Miss is creeping into the mix. He will take an official visit to LSU this weekend. I just believe it will come down to Alabama and Georgia. Will see if things change.

Keon Zipperer- Still hearing very good things in favor of the Crimson Tide. Long way to go though with official visits to Florida and Miami the next two weekends. He visited LSU this past weekend, but the Tigers are not really considered a major threat.

Taulia Tagovailoa- The Alabama commitment will play in the state championship on Wednesday against Central-Phenix City at Auburn University. There are a lot of schools pushing hard to get him to visit in the next two weeks. I thought a little bit of concern if his season ended a few weeks ago with visits and programs telling him to create his own path yada, yada, yada.., but Alabama has done a very good job of continuing to recruit him despite his commitment and time is just pretty much out.

Byron Young- The four-star defensive lineman and Alabama commitment will return to Tuscaloosa this weekend for an official visit. LSU is pushing hard to get him on campus next weekend. Alabama hopes to get Young to shut things down after this weekend and sign on December 19. Young, as of today, does not know if he will sign this month or in February.

-I did not hit on every Alabama recruiting target. Just some of the latest news especially on players who are deciding this month.Please ask if you have a specific question regarding other Alabama targets such as Sopsher, To'oto'o, Sorrells or whoever.
1 Andrew Bone, Today at 5:20 PM

Recruiting - BONE: Monday morning recruiting notes... | BamaInsider.com

Coach Saban is expected to have an in-home visit on Monday with Alabama commitment Brandon Turnage. I do not know who else he will see. Turnage took an official visit to Ole Miss this past weekend.

I spoke to Nakobe Dean on Sunday evening. He said he has not heard yet when Coach Saban will visit. So it will surprise me if it's today.

Alabama wide receivers coach Josh Gattis is flying to New Jersey on Monday morning. He is scheduled to spend time with Tide commitments Antonio Alfano and John Metchie.

Marcus Banks confirmed on Sunday evening he will receive a visit on Monday from Alabama assistants Jeff Banks and Karl Scott. I expect Texas A&M commitment Jeffery Carter will also receive a visit. I will try to confirm.

I mentioned this in another thread on Sunday evening. Alabama assistant coach Jeff Banks will see Noa Pola-Gates on Tuesday along with Ty Robinson. It will not come as a surprise if Karl Scott is with Banks at least on the trip to see Pola-Gates.

Alabama is expected to see Ohio State commitment Jordan Battle on Tuesday. I haven't heard if it’s Pannunzio or possibly Karl Scott.

Yes, Alabama will see a lot more recruits this week (including today). I expect players like Dean, Thibodeaux, To'oto'o, Sopsher, Webb, Neal, Sanders, Zipperer, Bogle, N.Smith, possibly Darnell Wright, several Alabama commitments, seen by the Crimson Tide coaching staff. The above players are just the ones I confirmed on Sunday evening.

This isn't last year, but this also isn't "Bama is getting everyone" yet type deal. Way too many people keep guaranteeing Bama will end up getting this kid or that kid.

Look at what Miami is doing- offering Neal's brother who hasn't stepped on a football field in three years. Desperation of course, but who knows if his family decides this is the best. Some really need to dial it back on the whole this kid is a lock/no worries comments.

There are different stages in a recruiting period. I'm not talking about the dead, quit or recruiting period. I'm talking about the 'coaches being targeted by other programs' period, etc.. Imagine being a HS recruit. Your lead recruiter from Alabama takes a job elsewhere after the season. Your second choice, let’s say Georgia, fires their coordinator. Your fourth or fifth choice hires the guy from Alabama. All of a sudden the recruit wants to visit that school. Alabama was his top choice, but now may be the third.

Just saying in general and there are some more vocal people who just think everyone is a lock and Bama should not waste its time even recruiting them. Bama is fully prepared for the possible poaching of assistant coaches at the end of the season and wait to see what things look like when he dust settles (Kind of how I do), before proclaiming a recruit is definitely on the board.

BamaInsider.com - Alabama football recruiting: December decisions
Time to strap in and hold on tight. Alabama's No. 1 class is about to take shape as several of the Crimson Tide's top remaining targets will announce their decisions in the next three weeks.
We take an in-depth look at the key decisions in December which includes five five-stars. Alabama's recruiting class will likely cement itself as the No. 1 class in the country if it can close its key targets set to announce this month.

Five-star running back Trey Sanders will announce on December 19.

Alabama has heavily recruited three elite players from IMG Academy for a long time- Trey Sanders, five-star running back, Evan Neal, five-star offensive tackle, and Nolan Smith, five-star defensive end (edge rusher). Sanders and Neal are former Alabama commitments who many predict will re-join the class. Smith is a long-time Georgia commitment.
Sanders doesn't say much in rare interviews, but most believe he will sign with Alabama. He took an official visit to Florida State last week. He has also visited Alabama and Texas. Florida is expected to receive an official visit. His brother (Umstead Sanders) is a walk-on for the Gators.
Is Miami in desperation/panic mode? Alabama has been considered the betting favorite for Neal the last few months instead of Miami. Neal took an official visit to Coral Gables this weekend. His family was with him including his older brother, Eldrick, who was offered a scholarship (of course only if his brother signs with the Hurricanes).
Smith has certainly expressed a lot of interest in Alabama throughout the last two years. He has taken several visits to Tuscaloosa including the official for the Iron Bowl. Georgia also lost its defensive coordinator, Mel Tucker, who has become the head coach at the University of Colorado. Alabama DC Tosh Lupoi won't slow down on his recruiting efforts until the ink meets the paper.

pe8dcpeupglx2embgjn2

-
NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
KAYVON
THIBODEAUX

RANK
6'5" | 230 LBS | WDE
OAKS CHRISTIAN
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, CA
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED

Thibodeaux hasn't taken a visit he didn't thoroughly enjoy. He will most likely enjoy all of the in-home visits. Thibodeaux will announce his decision on December 15. His finalists are Alabama, Florida, Florida State and Oregon. Most believe his decision will come down to Alabama and Oregon. Oregon DC Jim Leavitt has been mentioned for a few head coaching jobs including Kansas State.

ypu0cob6sjvqh6peorvb

-
NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
CLAY
WEBB

RANK
6'3" | 290 LBS | C
OXFORD
OXFORD, AL
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED

Clemson or Georgia will love nothing more (at least in recruiting) than to sign a five-star out of the state of Alabama. A task that has been nearly impossible to do. It happened in 2018 when Justyn Ross spurned Alabama for Clemson. Can the Tigers do it again or quite possibly the Bulldogs?
Webb has been very private since the start of his senior season regarding his recruitment. He has visited Alabama, Clemson and Georgia. He was in Tuscaloosa three times during the regular season including the Iron Bowl which was most likely his final visit before his decision on December 10. Webb is not expected to take any official visits which is a rarity.
Georgia and Clemson seem very optimistic while Alabama remains strongly in the battle. All three schools visited him last week and will do so again this week. There is optimism on all sides and expected to come down to the final hour.

t04pw548ke4pzddj4apn

-
NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
NAKOBE
DEAN

RANK
6'0" | 215 LBS | ILB
HORN LAKE
HORN LAKE, MS
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED

Dean has been rumored as an Alabama or Georgia lean throughout the majority of his recruitment. Florida State was also considered high on his list. He will take an official visit to LSU this weekend. He was at Ole Miss this past weekend for an unofficial visit.
Most still expect his decision on the 19th to come down between the Crimson Tide and Bulldogs. How much will change between now and then? Alabama inside linebackers coach Pete Golding is rumored to have a potential offer from Ole Miss to become the defensive coordinator. Georgia just lost its defensive coordinator, Mel Tucker, to Colorado (head coach).
Position coaches may not matter as much to Dean at programs like Alabama and Georgia. He knows both schools are powerhouses in the SEC. However, there is always a chance it might sway his decision. A year ago, JJ Peterson, was considered a long-time lock to Alabama until Jeremy Pruitt left to become the head coach at Tennessee.

toohrzidkpitqvq1lqaw

-
NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
TY
ROBINSON

RANK
6'6" | 275 LBS | SDE
HIGLEY
GILBERT, AZ
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED

Robinson finally took a trip to Tuscaloosa. He was in town for an official visit during the Iron Bowl weekend. Alabama has been extremely high on the talented defender for a long time. The interest on both sides has always been there. Robinson just couldn't take any prior trips to Alabama.
Robinson will sign his letter of intent on December 19. However, he hopes to keep the news of his signing a secret until he reveals his commitment at the All-American Bowl in San Antonio on January 5. Many expect his final decision to come down to Alabama and Nebraska. He has family connections in Nebraska which is one of the main reasons many believe he will end up signing with the Cornhuskers.
Alabama remains in heavy pursuit hoping to persuade him with the Tide losing three starters on the defensive front. Alabama expects to visit Robinson on Tuesday.

n91tw8fxwv2q9pwbuifn

-
NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
JORDAN
BATTLE

RANK
6'2" | 185 LBS | S
ST. THOMAS AQUINAS
FT. LAUDERDALE, FL
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT
6/29/2018
OHIO STATE

It's really starting to look like it's first come, first serve on the defensive back front. Alabama is pushing to add two more elite DBs to its class. There are four who are heavily recruited and have the green light commit. Those players include Battle, Jeffery Carter (below),
Noa Pola-Gates and Marcus Banks. Battle and Carter expect to have their final decisions on December 19 while Banks is currently scheduled to announce on January 5, and Pola-Gates to announce on January 19.

Alabama has tried not to make any of these targets feel pressured to commit, but at the same time they have emphasized spots maybe not available if they wait too long. Battle took an official visit to Alabama last month. Alabama has heavily recruited the elite safety for a while. He was in Orlando for the Tide's season opener against Louisville. His teammate,
Braylen Ingraham, also recently committed to Alabama.

Battle isn't likely to flip from Ohio State if he believes Urban Meyer will remain the head coach throughout the duration of his college career. Reports continue to come out that Meyer may not coach past the 2019 season. Reports he will not confirm or deny. It is likely a concern for top recruits such as Battle who will have an opportunity to sit down with Coach Meyer and Nick Saban prior to making a final decision.

spj5fv6poqqjeax5vyt9

-
NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
JEFFERY
CARTER

RANK
6'0" | 185 LBS | CB
LEGACY
MANSFIELD, TX
CLASS OF 2019
VERBAL COMMIT
7/28/2018
TEXAS A&M

There was a lot of speculation about a month ago of Carter flipping to Alabama. Alabama was considered the early favorite to land his signature before he announced in July to the Aggies. Alabama remained in contact with Carter. He took an unofficial visit to Alabama last month. He is expected in Tuscaloosa for an official visit this week or next week.
Carter is expected to sign on December 19, so a final decision is coming soon. Texas A&M feels a lot better about keeping Carter on board than they did a month ago. Another great trip to Alabama may turn things around again. Alabama continues to push hard to flip the defensive back.

bxbzbxbgojzp38pwc4p2

-
NATIONAL
STATE
POSITION
KEON
ZIPPERER

RANK
6'3" | 215 LBS | TE
LAKELAND
LAKELAND, FL
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED

Zipperer took an official visit to Alabama a few weeks ago and went away with the Crimson Tide in the lead for his signature. Alabama hopes to add the athletic tight end to this class especially with the likely loss of Irv Smith Jr., early to the NFL draft.
Zipperer has long been considered a Miami lean. The Hurricanes sent six coaches along with Mark Richt to visit him last week. Zipperer took an official visit to LSU this past weekend. He will visit Florida this weekend and take a final visit to Miami the weekend before he signs on December 19.
Alabama is in the driver's seat, but a lot can change in the next few weeks before he announces a decision. Interesting to see if Miami also extends a scholarship offer to a close family member or friend to try and lure Zipperer.

4 star DL Justin Eboigbe will visit Alabama on December 15.
Rivals.com
The next few weeks are also very critical for Alabama as far as hanging on to certain commitments. Alabama will want the vast majority of top commitments to sign on December 19. There is a chance one or two may not sign because of certain circumstances, but in terms of the elite players they do not want to lose the battle for the next few weeks.
Interesting to see if any coaching changes on the Alabama staff becomes an issue for some of the Tide's commitments.
Justin Eboigbe, four-star defensive end from Forest Park High School in Georgia, is definitely one Alabama does not want to lose. Tennessee has become a threat. Eboigbe was in Tuscaloosa for the Iron Bowl and will return for an official visit on December 14.

Brandon Turnage, four-star defensive back from Lafayette High School in Oxford, Mississippi, is feeling a lot of pressure to stay home. He took an official visit to Ole Miss this past weekend. Turnage originally planned on signing in February. He will return to Alabama this weekend for an official visit.

Christian Williams, Rivals100 cornerback from Daphne High School, and Taulia Tagovailoa, four-star quarterback from Thompson High School in Alabaster, are the only in-state commitments who have still taken some visits. Williams will return to Alabama this weekend for an official while Tagovailoa is expected next week. Both are expected to stick with Alabama.

Will Mike Locksley potentially being hired as the head coach at Maryland have any cause for concern for Alabama on some of the commitments he recruited from the area like Shane Lee, Darrian Dalcourt, DeMarrco Hellmas, Keilan Robinson?

What if Pete Golding is hired as the defensive coordinator at Ole Miss? Will it change the thoughts of recent Texas A&M flip Christian Harris? These are all points to consider and something Alabama will have to combat/address when or if these issues arise.

Tighten the seat belt because it's likely a wild ride between now and signing day.

4. Desperate times calls for desperate measures, right? I'm absolutely stunned though by Miami's offer to Evan Neal's older brother who hasn't put on football pads in three years. Just a family member on an official visit and Miami is like "hey, come join our team too."
How in God's green earth is Bone stunned about Richt pulling this? He's been offering relatives and friends of recruits for years.

4. Desperate times calls for desperate measures, right? I'm absolutely stunned though by Miami's offer to Evan Neal's older brother who hasn't put on football pads in three years. Just a family member on an official visit and Miami is like "hey, come join our team too."
How in God's green earth is Bone stunned about Richt pulling this? He's been offering relatives and friends of recruits for years.

Mark offered every relative to any Georgia player when he was at UGA. Ledbetter being one. Webb isn't going with Bama. Not sure what the deal is with him but the top ranked player in this state will not sign with either state team. Odd.

Webb isn't going with Bama. Not sure what the deal is with him but the top ranked player in this state will not sign with either state team. Odd.
He may end up at Georgia. He may end up at Clemson. Bama is still in the mix for his signature. It's my opinion saying "he isn't going with Bama" is premature.

Neal is higher on the board so a loss of Webb, if he goes elsewhere, isn't a "class breaker." If there was ever a case of "let it play out," this is one.

@TerryP Who do you see us finishing up with if you have to make a guess today?
Here comes a phrase we see all the time, "it's fluid." Or another, "first come, first served." In all seriousness, a commitment from one will remove a spot for another and from what I've learned over the last month the board changes, and changes often.

Look at it about like our discussions on who starts on the offensive line. With the OL, it's the best five, right? With this class, it's the best to fill the remaining slots. To be honest, I don't believe the staff has a firm number in place as of today.

I do believe we'll be able to narrow it down more accurately three weekends from today.

Mark offered every relative to any Georgia player when he was at UGA. Ledbetter being one. Webb isn't going with Bama. Not sure what the deal is with him but the top ranked player in this state will not sign with either state team. Odd.

I am hearing he is really enjoying keeping folks guessing and is almost playing games like Thibodeaux. He is enjoying the attention, but is saying little to keep folks guessing. I'm not as high on him as I once was, especially now that he is voicing he wants to potentially switch positions. If he chooses us, excellent, if not, it doesn't bother me one bit if we are able to snag Neal.

Yeah even Webb's family may not know where is going as of now so not sure how anyone on the board could say he is not signing with the Tide.

I wonder if Webb actually knows where he's going at this point. I suspect he's still weighing options.

On a "good news" front Saban visited him yesterday. Tosh has been his primary for awhile now.

From my seat, or point of view, I've said I liked Bama chances all along. As far as the Tide's chances of landing Webb, I'm more comfortable today than I was in the summer.

Tosh has his faults but one of them isn't found on the recruiting trail. I've seen it speculated with Thibodeaux that his interest in the Tide has been all about creating a buzz about his commitment date (I think it's the 15th but don't hold me to that.) We'll see how this story plays out but it's my impression Bama is in really good shape here.

To one thing there is no doubt. In the past things really started becoming interesting in January. With the new signing date teams are really beginning their "push" on players including those committed to the Tide.

I attended Jacksonville High School and played football we played Oxford every year as they are in Calhoun County. I can not think of a single elite player from Oxford that has signed with the Tide. The major majority sign with the barn. Kwon Alexander signed with LSU. I've heard Webb has a mean streak hope we can land him.

Last edited:
Recruiting - BONE: Tuesday recruiting thread.... | BamaInsider.com

Monday recap
Nick Saban did his in-home visits on Monday with Alabama commitments Brandon Turnage, Taulia Tagovailoa, Amari Kight and DJ Dale. I believe all were at the high school except for Taulia. He also visited with Clay Webb on Monday morning with Alabama OL coach Brent Key. Webb is set to announce his decision next Monday.

Dtlf1ydU4AEUfSk.jpg

View image on Twitter

Alabama inside linebackers coach Pete Golding visited with five-star linebacker Nakobe Dean. I am sure Golding spoke with Dean regarding Ole Miss. I keep hearing good things on Golding sticking with the Crimson Tide, but nothing officially set in stone.

Alabama wide receivers coach Josh Gattis had in-home visits on Monday evening with Crimson Tide commitments Antonio Alfano and John Metchie in New Jersey.

Marcus Banks had an in-home visit on Monday evening with Alabama assistants Jeff Banks and Karl Scott. I spoke with Banks about his in-home visit.

View image on Twitter

Tuesday visits
I know Josh Gattis and Brent Key are hitting IMG Academy to visit with Trey Sanders, Evan Neal and Nolan Smith. I've heard Gattis will also hit some schools in the Tampa area (2020).

Ohio State commitment Jordan Battle is receiving an in-home visit from Alabama. His father confirmed with me the visit will happen this evening. Joe Pannunzio and Karl Scott are visiting. (Update: Expect Nick Saban to visit Battle)

Nick Saban spent time with Alabama commitment Braylen Ingraham today.

Coach Saban also visited with top WR/TE target Keon Zipperer. Zipperer has become Alabama's top remaining target at this position.

Alabama is also slated to see Khris Bogle, Rivals100 defensive end from Cardinal Gibbons High School in Fort Lauderdale. Bogle confirmed with me earlier today regarding Alabama coming to see him.

(More visits are taking place today. Just haven't confirmed all).

The updated Rivals100
I am sure many of you are very excited about Antonio Alfano's updated ranking of five-stars. A major honor for him.

Nakobe Dean also made a big move and is now ranked as a five-star. Evan Neal is on the cusp of the top 10.

So let's take a quick look at the Alabama targets in the updated Rivals100

2. Trey Sanders
5. Nolan Smith
6. Darnell Wright
9. George Pickens
10. Kayvon Thibodeaux
11. Evan Neal
18. Ishmael Sopsher
19. Nakobe Dean
22. Antonio Alfano (Alabama commitment)
23. Clay Webb
24. Dax Hill
38. DeMarvin Leal
46. Shane Lee (Alabama commitment)
50. Khris Bogle
62. Pierce Quick (Alabama commitment)
65. Amari Kight (Alabama commitment)
71. Henry To'oto'o
79. DeMarrrco Hellams (Alabama commitment)
81. Charles Cross (Possible offer if Bama misses on Neal)

Miscellaneous Notes

Byron Young is locked in Bama, but says he will take all of his visits

Touchdown Club of Atlanta@Atl_TD_Club

https://twitter.com/Atl_TD_Club/status/1069953526829334530

Congratulations to Hewitt-Trussville (AL) Offensive Lineman Pierce Quick on being named a finalist for the Bobby Dodd National Lineman of the Year Award by the @Atl_TD_Club. @PierceQuick @HuskyFast @HewittAthletics

7:56 AM - Dec 4, 2018
https://twitter.com/Atl_TD_Club/status/1069953526829334530

A look ahead to Wednesday
Nick Saban will have an in-home visit on Wednesday evening with five-star defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux. Thibodeaux will take his final official visit this weekend to Florida. He is scheduled to announce a decision on December 15. Expect Jeff Banks (area recruiter) with Coach Saban. I have not confirmed if Tosh is also there, but most likely.

Coach Saban and Jeff Banks are also scheduled to make a stop in Arizona on Wednesday to see Noa Pola-Gates and Ty Robinson. Thought originally the visit was today, but it's on Wednesday.

Alabama assistants are spread out throughout the country on Wednesday. I'll provide as much info as possible.

The Rivals250 will also drop on Wednesday. I expect some big movement from Alabama commitments Taulia Tagovailoa and Brandon Turnage. Also keep on eye on Braylen Ingraham.
1 Andrew Bone, Today at 12:10 PM

Recruiting - BONE: Wednesday recruiting thread | BamaInsider.com

Tuesday recap
Josh Gattis and Brent Key visited IMG Academy to visit with Trey Sanders, Evan Neal and Nolan Smith. Gattis also hit some schools in the Tampa area (2020).

Ohio State commitment Jordan Battle received an in-home visit from Alabama. Battle met with Nick Saban, Joe Pannunzio and Karl Scott. I spoke briefly with Battle's father who told me the visit went well. He didn't give much else. I think Battle and his family are trying to keep things pretty quiet for now as they figure out what they want to do.

Nick Saban also spent time with Alabama commitment Braylen Ingraham (along with former Miami Dolphins star/St. Thomas Aquinas assistant coach Jason Taylor)

Wednesday nuggets
Big visit day for Nick Saban. I am not sure which stop he will make first, but likely heading to Arizona and then Cali. Coach Saban will have an in-home visit this evening with five-star Kayvon Thibodeaux. I believe visit will begin around 5:00 p.m. (PST). Thibodeaux will take his final official visit this weekend to Florida. He will announce his decision on December 15.

Coach Saban, along with Coach Jeff Banks, will spend time in Gilbert, Arizona today to see four-star DB Noa Pola-Gates and four-star DL Ty Robinson. Pola-Gates has Alabama at the top of his list. His decision may actually come down to Alabama and Penn State. He may go ahead and sign on December 19, but wait to announce on January 19 at the Polynesian Bowl. Robinson will sign on December 19. Word is he will choose between Alabama and Nebraska.

Alabama offensive line coach Brent Key will spend time at Hewitt-Trussville High School today. Several Alabama commitments at the school including Pierce Quick, Paul Tyson, Daz Worsham (2020) and Malachi Moore (2020). Coach Key will have an in-home visit this evening with Pierce Quick and his family.

Alabama inside linebackers coach Pete Golding will have an in-home visit this evening with four-star LB commitment Christian Harris. I imagine Coach Golding will make a few more stops in Louisiana today. Harris sent me a note this morning to let me know about the visit.

Georgia commitment and four-star LB Rian Davis has cancelled his official visit to Alabama this weekend. It comes as no surprise after Alabama flipped Christian Harris from Texas A&M last week. Alabama has shifted all of its focus to only two inside linebackers- Nakobe Dean and Henry To'oto'o. Dean will announce his decision on December 19. To'oto'o will announce at the Polynesian Bowl on January 19.

Jeffery Carter confirmed on Wednesday morning he will take his official visit to Alabama this weekend. This has bene a 'tentative' plan for the last few weeks. It was up in the air on Monday, but it's officially set.

Clay Webb has canceled his in-home visit this evening with Dabo Swinney. He had in-home visits earlier this week with Nick Saban and Kirby Smart. It appears the decision is down to Alabama and Georgia. He will commit on Monday.

The updated Rivals250 (Alabama targets)
2. Trey Sanders
5. Nolan Smith
6. Darnell Wright
9. George Pickens
10. Kayvon Thibodeaux
11. Evan Neal
18. Ishmael Sopsher
19. Nakobe Dean
22. Antonio Alfano (Alabama commitment)
23. Clay Webb
24. Dax Hill
38. DeMarvin Leal
46. Shane Lee (Alabama commitment)
50. Khris Bogle
62. Pierce Quick (Alabama commitment)
65. Amari Kight (Alabama commitment)
71. Henry To'oto'o
79. DeMarrrco Hellams (Alabama commitment)
81. Charles Cross (Possible offer if Bama misses on Neal)

112. Taulia Tagovailoa (Alabama commitment)
114. Noa Pola-Gates
117. Christian Williams (Alabama commitment)
121. Siaki Ika
127. Byron Young (Alabama commitment)
134. Jordan Battle
142. Tyrion Davis
146. Ty Robinson
161. Justin Eboigbe (Alabama commitment)
164. Nathan Pickering
173. Marcus Striping
179. Marcus Banks
180. Brandon Turnage (Alabama commitment)
185. John Metchie (Alabama commitment)
204. Kevin Harris (Alabama commitment)
207. King Mwikuta (Alabama commitment)
220. Jahleel Billingsley (Alabama commitment)
241. Braylen Ingraham (Alabama commitment)
244. Deondrick Glass

This is to all you that keep us inform about recruiters! Thank you all that loves doing this and letting us know how ours new bama players are doing! ROLL TIDE to each of you guys!!

Back
Top Bottom