| FTBL E..mpty S..orry P..oor N..asty sports reporting

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
E S P N has the Empty Sorriest Poorest Nastiest commentary I have ever watched when they just have to cover Bama. I hope they understand that we can pay Saban 4 million dollars because we can and he is worth every $600,000.00 per win this year. It is going to be a new game next year and I hope they get to eat a complete crow pie.

Maybe Bama can start its own sports network BSPN and we can kiss their big fat a$$mouths goodbye.

There has been an ongoing review all night of every sport in the world except the Bama bowl game.

I suppose I missed the part of Saban's contract where it stated that the reason we hired him at $4M is to win the National Championship THIS YEAR.

Silly me, I thought we were hiring a guy to be here for a few years, and along the way turn the program around.

I HATE the media and the way they have stopped reporting and now seem to think their job is to stir up stories because nothing would happen if they do not create something.

I would love to see the University stop holding press conferences and simply release what they want to let out. They already run ROLLTIDE.COM and CRIMSONTRADITION.COM, I don't need some pencil-necked geek to filter the words of the University.

I HATE the media, did I mention that?

RollllTide! said:
E S P N has the Empty Sorriest Poorest Nastiest commentary I have ever watched when they just have to cover Bama. I hope they understand that we can pay Saban 4 million dollars because we can and he is worth every $600,000.00 per win this year. It is going to be a new game next year and I hope they get to eat a complete crow pie.

Maybe Bama can start its own sports network BSPN and we can kiss their big fat a$$mouths goodbye.

There has been an ongoing review all night of every sport in the world except the Bama bowl game.

I felt like I was listening to a soap opera more than I was listening to someone call a football game.

Davies is so constipated with jealousy that he said Saban "pretentiously" left Miami to go coach football in "Tuscaloosa, Alabama." He couldn't even say for the University of Alabama. Oh, and did I mention Saban's salary?

In the chat room I started logging "digs" on Bama and I got up to what I remember was 7 or 8 in the first half. Then, the second half started and they went "dig" full on. It never stopped.

Anyone want to tell me what the relevance was of showing Saban at LSU in a bowl game losing to Missouri? They showed that as well....oh...wait..its relevant to digging on Saban.

I look forward to the day when the N.F.L slowly turns its back on ESPN with their NFL Network taking all of the programming usually associated with the for The sham of Mickey Mouse's empire...

What will ESPN do when the NFL draft is exclusively on NFL Network. Watch how quickly Mel Kiper, Jr. & his hair stylist come on board N.F.L. Network... Watch when Monday night football is once again revitalized by NFL as a flagship production Watch how ESPN is left with just Neighbor Poker Tournaments and Jai Alai and fifth tier announcers and finally see the revenues go down faster than Linda Lovelace ever could?

The ironic thing to me was how the announcers kept talking about how everything is magnified 100 times over for the head coach of Alabama. From the offseason to gameday to press conferences etc... They were basically slamming us again in an underhanded way.

Hmmm, I don't know about you guys but I don't have the power to magnify things 100 times. Seems to me it's the media that does that not us. The media is infatuated with perpetuating this notion of the fan pressure at Alabama when in reality it's the microscopic media coverage that is to blame. :roll:

Makes you wonder which school ESPN will blast every day once Saban has us back to prime. As for the salary..Les Miles, Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer and Kirk Ferentz make over 3 mil a year? Of course they don't coach at Bama so it's okay I guess.

when Stoops won the championship a few years back, didn't he have it in his contract to make one more dollar than the highest paid coach in ncaa????....seems like i remember hearing this

More of ESPN's Bama hate . . . While both Scout and Rivals have Bama's recruiting class ranked #2 in the nation, ESPN's Tom Luginbill doesn't have us ranked in his Top 5. I wanted to get a link, but it's in ESPN Insider, and I am not a paid member.

Back
Top Bottom