| FTBL Don't like politics in college sports? Too bad. What about sexual orientation? Don't like it in college sports? Too bad. A celebration of hate.

I'm middle-of-the-road Episcopalian. I know a great chunk of our denomination are tree-hugging libs; I'm not. Again, I'm middle of the road. I think the Trump cultists are lunatics, but not nearly as much as the ridiculously pro-censoring woke mob. All that said...There is a lot of hate in this thread, so against any common sense I might have, I'm going to other side of this argument. Samford University, the school that just honored my wife with a Lifetime Learner award, the school where I received my second master's degree, this one in gifted education...a school we both loved till the other day just went cancel culture on Episcopalians and a part of the Presbyterian Church because of our stance of inclusion.

While some of you will pound your fist and say that as a private Baptist college, Samford has the right to do this, well...Lemme ask you something, doesn't UMass, this pitiful football program, a northeastern university most likely overrun with by the woke mob, have the same right to dictate what date they want to recognize whatever group/organization/memorialization/senior day they want?

"Well, it was planned! They knew they're going to offend a school like Liberty!" A school like Liberty that violated its own moral code by hiring Freeze? Isn't that the same road Samford is taking against other denominations, all of whom are focused on spreading the gospel? When Jesus announced his greatest commandment, he never excluded anyone.

View attachment 22074

How many gay students do you think Liberty has? How many sexual assaults take place in the school's frat houses? I don't know. Maybe you don't either.

Now, from a bammer's curiosity...Terry, you're right, if Liberty were to cancel, this would make major news (odd, considering it's Liberty v. UMass, or...Who Cares? v. Who Really Cares?). What would the public outcry be like if/when the barn brings Freeze in to succeed Harsin this season/year? I'd get some of that popcorn Lane Kiffin has for us.
Homewood cool place.

Back
Top Bottom