| FTBL DOME STADIUM

As for the Dome in B'ham, I'm neither for nor against it, it makes no difference to me.

As for the Iron Bol being played there if it is built, it will never happen. As Terry said, to much money being made by the schools having them on campus. Best case scenario of it ever being played anywhere besides the home & home going now is that every 3rd year have it at a neutral site. But unless they build a Dome that will hold over 100,000, that has no chance of happening either.

Terry and the others have hit on why the Iron Bowl will never "really" exist again, because of the money made for Alabama and Auburn in their home towns.

As far as the dome, it absolutely baffles me that the idiots running the city of Birmingham have not figured it out yet. Why not try and get the infrastructure in place, such as a mass transit system, before trying to get a money pit placed in the suck hole known as Birmingham? This jack-ass is hell bent on taxing the snot out of everybody that comes in contact with Jefferson County to insure that he gets this dome put in place. I hope that more and more businesses do as Red Diamond Tea company did. After 100 years in the same location off of Highway 79........they moved to St. Clair County. I hope that many more follow suit.

I have yet to really figure out what in the crap they plan to showcase at the new Langford Dome??? basketball who? football who? baseball who?? I think right now its just for novelty.. :?
RTR

What really worrys me is Langford is a tax and spend lib. He'll tax you half to death to get what he wants if you live or work anywhere near bham you better get the hull out. Nobody with any sense or money lives in bham anymore. So this idea about a dome stadium aint nothing but a pipe dream.

bamanaf said:
I have yet to really figure out what in the crap they plan to showcase at the new Langford Dome??? basketball who? football who? baseball who?? I think right now its just for novelty.. :?
RTR

Home for the hockey team? That would seat the normal crowd at UAB's football games.

I think of Mphs. when I hear about this...spent millions on building The Pyramid...played some Mphs. St. Tigers games there and a few pro games IIRC. Then, a new Arena for the NBA. The last I heard it was sitting, in some approval measure, unoccupied.

rammerjammer said:
Terry and the others have hit on why the Iron Bowl will never "really" exist again, because of the money made for Alabama and Auburn in their home towns.

As far as the dome, it absolutely baffles me that the idiots running the city of Birmingham have not figured it out yet. Why not try and get the infrastructure in place, such as a mass transit system, before trying to get a money pit placed in the suck hole known as Birmingham? This jack-ass is hell bent on taxing the snot out of everybody that comes in contact with Jefferson County to insure that he gets this dome put in place. I hope that more and more businesses do as Red Diamond Tea company did. After 100 years in the same location off of Highway 79........they moved to St. Clair County. I hope that many more follow suit.

I happened by the construction site for their new headquarters near Moody the other day. That is going to be an impressive campus.

Back
Top Bottom