| FOOD Does this remind you of anything ... good burgers.

Great timing! Oh, those were good (except for that cherry ... always tasted fake to me.)

I say great timing ...

I just got off the phone with my cousin who is coming into town for The Bridge Run ... she asked to grab a bite Friday night at East Bay Deli. I said okay thinking, at worst, I'd grab a slice of their cake.

$10 bucks for a slice of their cakes... takes me at least two sittings it's so damn rich.

junior-s-devil-food-cheesecake.jpg

Great timing! Oh, those were good (except for that cherry ... always tasted fake to me.)

I say great timing ...

I just got off the phone with my cousin who is coming into town for The Bridge Run ... she asked to grab a bite Friday night at East Bay Deli. I said okay thinking, at worst, I'd grab a slice of their cake.

$10 bucks for a slice of their cakes... takes me at least two sittings it's so damn rich.

junior-s-devil-food-cheesecake.jpg

Know what you mean. Stanfield's in Sheffield has the same problem with some of their cakes and desserts. 😁
348s.jpg
AF1QipMRd5RRow277I0BNtGOHL6vHDRylYUX820El7LX=s680-w680-h510

Alright Purl, I’ve never heard of this Stanfields. What’s the scoop? Pardon the pun… And where is it located? Got a trip back to the Shoals coming up in May and might need to put that place on my list.
Going North, it's past the intersection of E 2nd street and Woodward over the railroad tracks, going into Sheffield, on the left past the Clarion Inn. The guys I work with said they believe it use to be an Outback Steakhouse, it was here when I moved to the area a couple of years ago.

If you turn in at Chucky Cheese you've gone past it. :p

1680104105462.jpeg

Yep! Was an Outback, then Dreamland. Figured it was still empty.

Side note… that Clarion was originally a Holiday Inn and a pretty nice one. I was in there for a school chorus event when we beat Florida in the first SEC CG back in what, 1992? A few of us would sneak into the bar area between acts to check the score.

My mom had a little clothes store on Woodward, east side, just below your photo. Something else in there now, maybe a HVAC company. Man, the good old days!

Last edited:
Alright Purl, I’ve never heard of this Stanfields. What’s the scoop? Pardon the pun… And where is it located? Got a trip back to the Shoals coming up in May and might need to put that place on my list.

Brian Stanfield is the owner. I have known the family for many years. Brian's dad and my home literally grew up as neighbors in the Sweetwater area of Florence, Cherry Hill particularly. They also own the Stanfield's at McFarland Harbor, below O'Neal bridge. Good place to eat.

Side not… that Clarion was originally a Holiday Inn and a pretty nice one. I was in there for a school chorus event when we beat Florida in the first SEC CG back in what, 1992? A few of us would sneak into the bar area between acts to check the score.

My mom had a little clothes store on Woodward, east side, just below your photo. Something else in there now, maybe a HVAC company. Man, the good old days!
Need to hit up Salt too while you're here, across from Taco Bell on Woodward... use to be Lenny's Sub... Lava rock cooking... A1, IMO.

Last edited:

Side not… that Clarion was originally a Holiday Inn and a pretty nice one. I was in there for a school chorus event when we beat Florida in the first SEC CG back in what, 1992? A few of us would sneak into the bar area between acts to check the score.

Fresh seafood shop there by Papa John's. Singing Waters Seafood is some count when you want to grill it yourself. :)

Back
Top Bottom