| GOLF Documentary Series “Driven” featuring Alabama Men’s Golf to Air May 6 (Co-produced by Justin Thomas.)

UA Press Release

Official News Releases
Staff

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama men's golf team will be featured in the Golf Channel's "Driven" – a four-part documentary series that gives fans a behind-the-scenes look at three of the country's top collegiate golf programs. The documentary will begin airing Monday, May 6, at 8 p.m. CT on the Golf Channel.

PGA Tour superstar and former Alabama men's golfer Justin Thomas, a member of the 2013 Alabama Crimson Tide national championship team, partnered with Rickie Fowler as co-executive producer. In addition to the Crimson Tide, the program will also highlight defending NCAA champion Oklahoma State and Auburn.

"Working with Rickie on Driven to showcase Alabama's golf program and its rivalry with Auburn has reminded me why college sports are so great and how much fun I had playing golf for Alabama," Thomas said. "Rickie and I have such a passion for college golf and our alma maters and we look forward to seeing this passion come to life with Driven. Roll Tide!"

The 30-minute program will go in-depth throughout the 2018-19 season and highlight the competitive journey of the Alabama men's golf team and its rivalry with Auburn. In addition to Monday night's premier, the series will continue the following two Mondays (May 13 and 20) on the Golf Channel. The series will conclude when the final episode premieres on NBC on Saturday, June 29, at 1 p.m. CT (2 p.m. ET) following the 2019 NCAA Men's Golf Championship, which will be played May 24-29 at The Blessings Golf Club in Fayetteville, Ark.

"I am excited that our guys and our program have an opportunity to be part of the Driven show," head coach Jay Seawell said. "It will give an in-depth look at our program, providing our fans an inside look into Alabama men's golf."

Driven is written and produced by Ollie Stokes, a 20-time Emmy Award winner who also wrote and produced Showtime's ALL ACCESS: Mayweather vs. McGregor.

The Crimson Tide is currently ranked 21st in the nation, while Auburn is ranked 16th. On April 16th, Alabama captured the Shoal Creek Invitational team championship where they defeated 14 other teams, including Auburn. The following week, the Tigers claimed the stroke play portion of the 2019 SEC Championships.

Alabama continues its journey to the 2019 NCAA Championships when it begins play at the Athens Regional at the University of Georgia Golf Course in Athens, Ga., May 13-15. The top-five teams after 54 holes of stroke play will advance to nationals.

Back
Top Bottom