| FTBL DJ Hall steals the show

B@MA GUY in NC said:
Never doubted the guys ability in my comments....I attended just about all the games in person and I saw DJ loaf more than he made great plays, and while DJ was our go to guy, I comment he was all we had...as far as playing for Saban...he had one year and he wasn't going to quit given his NFL potential....the NFL is not going to take a draft chance on a player that clearly does not play every down he is in a game.

Sorry bamasball but I have to agree with that. DJ was awesome, when he put some effort into it. He slacked alot. Especially in the Iron Bowl last year. I was questioning my own faith in DJ at the time, but when he juggled that pass in the endzone just to have it picked off, faith went out the window. My dead grandma could've caught that pass. It was in his hands. I think Caddell was better than DJ sometimes. But I still wish DJ the best. RTR

Birmingham said:
Any time I start questioning DJ's 'heart' I go to www.youtube.com and type in 'Alabama Tennessee 2007' and then I just thank him instead. His off the field character could be questioned if you are someone who likes to question but as of on the field he's never given me a reason.

Just my .02
I see what you're saying BUT, you shouldn't be able to look at just one game. You should be saying look at every game he played. But you know you can't because he DID slack a few times. Just like in the previous comment I made. You say he's never given you a reason to question his character on the field, think of the Iron Bowl. He slacked bad. Everybody had a great game against Tennessee. Not just DJ.

imalive1459 said:
B@MA GUY in NC said:
ballman, dude, I did not join the forum to argue; you have your opinion and I have mine.

A good way to get into an argument:

Accuse someone of being soft. This IS a forum. I thought you were supposed to discuss opinions here.

Anyways, You don't compile the kinda stats that DJ had if you're soft. As for him not running full speed every play? Don't forget that DJ wasn't 5'7", he's much taller and runs with long strides that make him look slower. He's statistically one of the greatest wide receivers we've ever had and we treat him like some thug.

;pu

Thank you DJ.

First of all nothing I have said suggests Hall was a thug.
Second, my opinions are based on my eye-witness accounts of his play this past year...yes he had many great catches and one great game against UT, but I personally witnessed him do more harm than good overall.
Finally, Stats ? Who cares about stats ? The only measurable I care about are championships...no one player is bigger than the team.

Who do you take from this list if have to pick just one ??
Ozzie Newsome
Joey Jones
DJ Hall

Joey Jones and Newsome make the clutch catch against the barn in the endzone this year 9 of 10 times and don't serve up an int on a platter...his head was not in the game at that point and he let his team down....there's no I's in team....
I promise I am done talking about DJ Hall in this thread...again, I wish him luck at the next level, he'll need it as players like him are real easy to find.

imalive1459 said:
B@MA GUY in NC said:
ballman, dude, I did not join the forum to argue; you have your opinion and I have mine.

A good way to get into an argument:

Accuse someone of being soft. This IS a forum. I thought you were supposed to discuss opinions here.

Anyways, You don't compile the kinda stats that DJ had if you're soft. As for him not running full speed every play? Don't forget that DJ wasn't 5'7", he's much taller and runs with long strides that make him look slower. He's statistically one of the greatest wide receivers we've ever had and we treat him like some thug.

;pu

Thank you DJ.

Longer strides made him look like he was taking plays off? You seriously have to be kidding. Good luck to the guy but I will not miss him. His character was shoddy at best.

Throw in Dennis Homan and Ray Perkins on that great receiver list. Besides the effort it took to catch the ball, these guys were blockers as well. I don't think that was a strength for D J.

psychojoe said:
Throw in Dennis Homan and Ray Perkins on that great receiver list. Besides the effort it took to catch the ball, these guys were blockers as well. I don't think that was a strength for D J.

Perkins may have been the hardest working receiver in Alabama history. If not, he's on a very short list.

jocephus8179 said:
It's good to here that DJ's doing great. Not every great NFL player was a drafted player. There are alot of greats who were free agents. Even though DJ's character was in question a few times, I think he's showing the league that he was a draft worthy player and some teams may regret not taking advantage of him in the draft. Good Luck DJ. Has anyone heard any news about Gilberry or Caddell or the rest of the Bama players that advanced?

I found this on Matt!!! Looking for more so stay tuned!!!
http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/67605/

jocephus8179 said:
Birmingham said:
Any time I start questioning DJ's 'heart' I go to www.youtube.com and type in 'Alabama Tennessee 2007' and then I just thank him instead. His off the field character could be questioned if you are someone who likes to question but as of on the field he's never given me a reason.

Just my .02
I see what you're saying BUT, you shouldn't be able to look at just one game. You should be saying look at every game he played. But you know you can't because he DID slack a few times. Just like in the previous comment I made. You say he's never given you a reason to question his character on the field, think of the Iron Bowl. He slacked bad. Everybody had a great game against Tennessee. Not just DJ.

Guess I should clarify a few things in my statement that makes it more unique. I live in Tenneessee. I have to look at bright orange mustangs with racing stripes if I want to go to the grocery store. You can spit in the air and it will land on somebody downloading Rocky Top as their RingTone and I've got to sit through 30 days in March while the state of Tennessee is coming apart at the seams over... wait for it, wait for it.... Women's Basketball!

My comment about going back to look at JUST the Tennessee game is not because that is the only game I can go to to see an impressive DJ hall outing, it is because that game made it tolerable to stay in this state for at least 1 more year. I got to go to work with a grin while literally everyone I would come in contact with for 2 months were in some gray haze telling themselves.... "well, it's not all bad, women's basketball is just around the corner"...

I made that last part up.

Nonetheless, DJ is a great talent, he proved it in a lot of games. The reason I can say that is because of the records that he holds, you don't get those records for playing great in half the games you play. People have off games. Iron bowl was an off game for DJ but I don't think he tried any less.

Roll Tide, I hope he represents us well in the NFL, and I think he will.

Birmingham said:
jocephus8179 said:
Birmingham said:

Just my .02

Guess I should clarify a few things in my statement that makes it more unique. I live in Tenneessee. I have to look at bright orange mustangs with racing stripes if I want to go to the grocery store. You can spit in the air and it will land on somebody downloading Rocky Top as their RingTone and I've got to sit through 30 days in March while the state of Tennessee is coming apart at the seams over... wait for it, wait for it.... Women's Basketball!

My comment about going back to look at JUST the Tennessee game is not because that is the only game I can go to to see an impressive DJ hall outing, it is because that game made it tolerable to stay in this state for at least 1 more year. I got to go to work with a grin while literally everyone I would come in contact with for 2 months were in some gray haze telling themselves.... "well, it's not all bad, women's basketball is just around the corner"...

I made that last part up.

Nonetheless, DJ is a great talent, he proved it in a lot of games. The reason I can say that is because of the records that he holds, you don't get those records for playing great in half the games you play. People have off games. Iron bowl was an off game for DJ but I don't think he tried any less.

Roll Tide, I hope he represents us well in the NFL, and I think he will.

I see your point now. lol. I have family that live in Piegon Forge and Gatlinburg. Oh how sweet it was to call them that November evening. :D

Back
Top Bottom