| FTBL DJ Hall Poll...

• Thread starter imported_RollTideRandy
  • Start date

Pick the choice that best fits your feelings on the subject

• I think it’s exciting to witness the Alabama record books being rewritten.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’m too worried about our depth at NT and LB to worry about records.

• I don’t think it really matters because Juilo Jones is going to break all the records in 2011 anyway

• Total voters
RollTideRandy said:
Not that I don't like DJ, but I'm a little sad to see Newsome's records get broken. :cry:

I admit I hate to see Newsome's record go down, because he's a legend in my opinion. But, I'm excited about new records being set, because I think that it's sign of Alabama opening up the passing game and becoming more current relative to ( :wink: ) where the college game is today.

RollTideRandy said:
Not that I don't like DJ, but I'm a little sad to see Newsome's records get broken. :cry:
Yes it will be sad. But I can't wait to see it broking too. And I bet Newsome won't mind it either.
And what about JPW isn't he close to a record or two?

Just because Hall has/will break receiving records; to ever compare Newsome to Hall is total nonsense, which we will see happen as the season progresses provided Hall can get back in Saban's good favor.

I seriously doubt D.J. Hall will ever be inducted into the Professional Football Hall of Fame.

JohnDeere said:
Just because Hall has/will break receiving records; to ever compare Newsome to Hall is total nonsense, which we will see happen as the season progresses provided Hall can get back in Saban's good favor.

I seriously doubt D.J. Hall will ever be inducted into the Professional Football Hall of Fame.

wow somebody acts like they know more than they actually do. first off since when has DJ Hall fell out of Saban's good favor? oh i forgot, being called a leader of a team is bad, damn im stupid. and y, exactly, is it nonsence to compare Newsome to Hall? especially if he has an even bigger year this year than last? i would think comparing one player who makes big catches in big games to another player who made big catches in big games a pretty damn good comparison. :roll:

[quote="Birdman37 and y, exactly, is it nonsence to compare Newsome to Hall? especially if he has an even bigger year this year than last? i would think comparing one player who makes big catches in big games to another player who made big catches in big games a pretty damn good comparison. [/quote]

To answer your question, brush up on your beloved "TIDE" history. Bear Bryant, called Newsome "the greatest end in Alabama history and that includes Don Hutson. A total team player, fine blocker, outstanding leader, great receiver with concentration, speed, hands."

Look at the all the records Croyle holds, can you honestly say Brodie is the 'best' quarterback to ever play at the Bama? Look at Wilson's single season record passing record set last year, on a 6 and 7 team. What "big game" did he play in and make plays in?
Same, with Hall, just because he breaks some of Newsome's records, there should be no comparison. You will hear comparisons from Eli two hours before the game starts Saturday and all season long about the 'talent' on this Bama team. All he is doing is building hype and excitement, not more then hot air as usual.

JohnDeere said:
To answer your question, brush up on your beloved "TIDE" history. Bear Bryant, called Newsome "the greatest end in Alabama history and that includes Don Hutson. A total team player, fine blocker, outstanding leader, great receiver with concentration, speed, hands."

Look at the all the records Croyle holds, can you honestly say Brodie is the 'best' quarterback to ever play at the Bama? Look at Wilson's single season record passing record set last year, on a 6 and 7 team. What "big game" did he play in and make plays in?
Same, with Hall, just because he breaks some of Newsome's records, there should be no comparison. You will hear comparisons from Eli two hours before the game starts Saturday and all season long about the 'talent' on this Bama team. All he is doing is building hype and excitement, not more then hot air as usual.

*reads ur ignorant signature and realizes ur damn barner*

jesus. when did i say that Newsome wasnt one of the best? and i never said Croyle, Wilson, or Hall were THE BEST. but yes i do believe Brodie Croyle is one of the best QB's to ever come out of Bama. and the big plays DJ made last year? how bout the huge catches he made against Tennesee, Ole Miss, and several other games. unless u have some kind of special Auburn Crystal Ball (and im not talking about ur 8ball of coke) then u dont know how DJ or Wilson will turn out do u? now just go away.

RollTideRandy said:

I can understand your feelings on this. Think on this... old records being broken are a sign that the tradition of Alabama football is being continued…This is what tradition is all about – progression.

Individual records are irrelevant when compared to team records.

Let's just win as many games as we can this season and let the stats take care of themselves.

JohnDeere said:
Bear Bryant, called Newsome "the greatest end in Alabama history and that includes Don Hutson. A total team player, fine blocker, outstanding leader, great receiver with concentration, speed, hands."

not taking anything away from Coach Bryant, but since when does saying something make it true?
sure i loved The Bear and i hated it when he retired and even more when he passed on, but he was speaking in a time when none of the current players were even born. what he said may have been true at the time. but times change.

JohnDeere said:
Look at Wilson's single season record passing record set last year, on a 6 and 7 team.
why does a quarterback have to have a winning season to break records or have a good season? it's not all up to the quarterback. there are 10 other players on the field with him and eleven other players on defense that need to do their job as well. a quarterback can have a good game but still the team can have a losing record, just like last year at ALABAMA.

JohnDeere said:
and why is that? i'm just curious as to why you seriously doubt this. DJ Hall is a great receiver who has damn good hands. i believe a lot of nfl teams will want him and that he could very well be in the hall of fame after a stellar nfl career. who knows, he may even get better as the season(s) go on.

If a Bama player is breaking records it is a good thing. Unless it was a record for personal fouls or something crazy like that.

Back
Top Bottom