| FTBL DirecTV SUCKS!!! I can't watch the game.

G

I ordered the game early this morning. As of kick off time, I've still got no PPV channel. I've spent the entire 1st quarter and half of the second quarter just trying to get a freaking human on the phone. I finally get one on the phone and it turns out that this moron who took my order this morning put in the wrong order. and NOW that the game is almost half over they won't let me order it. I told them that I don't want to order it, I've already ordered it. I just want it turned on and I want it turned on now. She just keeps saying well there's nothing that I can do. It was not my fault that they screwed up, just turn it on!!!!

I can't remember the last time that I've been so made.

OK, well I finally got it on during Half time. I never got an apology and they still had that smug "I don't care" attitude. I am sending the corporate off an email and see what they have to say. I may either switch back to comcast cable or give dish network a call. We have had several problems with directv over the past couple of years. Anywhoo, I'm through ranting now. Going to watch the rest of the second half.

DirecTV This is what i got. But i didn't have any trouble getting it. But I waited till 30 mi before I order it. And I did it Thur the remote control.

I wish I could order through my remote. My receiver is a piece of crap. I've been trying to 2 years to get them to replace it. That's just one of the other problems I've had (having) with them.

I have no complaint about DirecTV, but do have a beef with ESPN Gameplan. I hate that I had to endure the last 8 minutes of the Nebraska game before the channel switched over to Bama and WCU, which was already in progress. By then I had missed the opening kickoff and first TD of the year.

And one would think CSS could provide a little bit better broadcasting quality. After viewing most games in HD all day, I felt like I was watching a Bama game back in the 60's with very p*** poor video quality. Heck, I used to have rabbit ears and aluminum foil that got better reception!

The Bama faithful deserves better video quality than what they are paying for with CSS's broadcasts.

I seriously wish there was something that Crimson Tide masses could do to get a better video feed, especially for a PPV event.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

bear facts said:
I have no complaint about DirecTV, but do have a beef with ESPN Gameplan. I hate that I had to endure the last 8 minutes of the Nebraska game before the channel switched over to Bama and WCU, which was already in progress. By then I had missed the opening kickoff and first TD of the year.

And one would think CSS could provide a little bit better broadcasting quality. After viewing most games in HD all day, I felt like I was watching a Bama game back in the 60's with very p*** poor video quality. Heck, I used to have rabbit ears and aluminum foil that got better reception!

The Bama faithful deserves better video quality than what they are paying for with CSS's broadcasts.

I seriously wish there was something that Crimson Tide masses could do to get a better video feed, especially for a PPV event.

I agree 100%. I was pissed that I had to watch the end of the Nebraska blowout and miss the start of our game.

I wrote a whole thing about the horror of trying to order GamePlan from Charter last year. Long story short, ordered it, paid for it, first game roles around and it’s not on. Called, on the phone four hours, finally get it turned on, and when the bill comes in the mail, they have charged me for it TWICE!

This year I ordered it last Thursday for $109 and this morning, you guessed it, they hadn’t turned it on. I called and the lady on the phone told me that it was only $109 until Aug 31, that in order for her to turn it on today, I would have to pay the new price of $129. We argued for a good 45 minutes about this and I finally told her to just turn it on. I’m not sending Charter that extra $20 and if they insist that I do, I’ll just have to see them in court.

reger60 said:
bear facts said:

I agree 100%. I was pissed that I had to watch the end of the Nebraska blowout and miss the start of our game.

I wouldn't have minded so much if it was JUST the end of the Nebraska game, but you guys realize that we missed Terry Grant's long TD run becuase ESPN had to show us 2 mintues of Olevia HDTV commercials before they switched over the other game, right? GamePlan is over $100 and you still have to watch commercials. :?

I hear ya when the game is that far out of hand then there was no need to continue showing that game. They should have switched to the Alabama game.

And the quality was terrible, but I was just glad that I got to see it.

RollTideRandy said:
reger60 said:
bear facts said:

I wouldn't have minded so much if it was JUST the end of the Nebraska game, but you guys realize that we missed Terry Grant's long TD run becuase ESPN had to show us 2 mintues of Olevia HDTV commercials before they switched over the other game, right? GamePlan is over $100 and you still have to watch commercials. :?
Plus ESPN charges charter 3$ per household to carry ESPN on top of that.

mine said:
I wish I could order through my remote. My receiver is a piece of crap. I've been trying to 2 years to get them to replace it. That's just one of the other problems I've had (having) with them.

Have you tried ordering it online? You don't have to deal with the employees that way. You probably talked to a UcheaT fan or something like that when you ordered. :wink:

We had 10 people here to watch the game and lost the feed during half time. Called Charter and got a recording that they were experiencing difficulties in Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Finally talked to rep and he said they had lost the feed from ESPN but were working to restore it. Told him that I wasn't going to pay unless I was able to watch the rest of the game and he took it off my account right then. If it weren't for the internet I'd switch to satellite, but since I can't DSL I guess I'm stuck with Charter.

BornBama said:
mine said:

Have you tried ordering it online? You don't have to deal with the employees that way. You probably talked to a UcheaT fan or something like that when you ordered. :wink:

I could actually order one anytime I want, (and pay for it). I have to have them OK the swap in order to get it exchanged. I've tried online, I've called several hundred times. Sometimes they just want to argue with you, other times they try to talk down to you and try to convince you that you don't need one. Other times, they just agree with you and promise a tech to be out to replace it in the next few days. Then after a week or two, you call them back and they don't know that your crap you are talking about. They don't have a work order to replace my receiver. And here we go again. I've talked to supervisors, I've gotten names and times, I've recorded conversations. Nothing works with them.

i have direct tv and have never had a problem, except during real high winds.

have never ordered a PPV but i do have the NFL sunday ticket and it works fine.

this may be an elementary question, but do you have a telephone line hooked up to the receiver, i am sure that has something to do with processing PPV orders

Back
Top Bottom