| OT Did some traveling just thought I’d tell y’all about some of the trip!

Rsedge72

Ok to start things off we went to New Orleans, for a night and to catch a flight.
I forgot just how much of a shit hole New Orleans is, and that is the absolute worst most disorganized airport I’ve ever been in!!!
From there we fly into LaGuardia (because we missed our flight to jfk due to all perking lots at New Orleans airport being closed).
Got an Uber to a friends apartment in queens (they actually live on Pensacola beach, but have an apartment in Kew gardens in queens when they are there). Ate at a fantastic little Italian restaurant (Paul michaels). Walking back to apartment the only area with grass has a guy shitting right there by the street. that ruined that part of the trip, from there flew into St. Louis (nice airport). Just stayed a couple hours to catch up with an old friend. Stayed away from anything shitty there. From there flew into Reno and spent a week in Reno/Carson city/Lake Tahoe area. Pleasantly surprised, Carson city was pretty nice. Lake Tahoe is fan freakin tastic!!!!! The Nevada side is a little nicer that the California side, but both really nice!!! And yes gas prices in California are literally $2.00 more a gallon than in Nevada. After that flew over to San Francisco to catch our cross country flight back home. Had a half day to kill so hit an Uber out of the airport and turned right back around… That is now the actual arm pit of the country, it’s an absolute travesty what they’ve allowed to happen to that city. Just thought I’d share with y’all!!!

@Rsedge72 In my opinion, here was the original sin mistake.

You decided to take a vacation and travel to a place where there were people. Next time, get as far away from the population as possible. 🙃
Duly noted!!!!

Next time it’ll just be Carson city/Tahoe. My daughter, son in law, and grandson recently moved to that area. So I’m thinking a cabin, on mount Rose.

Duly noted!!!!

Next time it’ll just be Carson city/Tahoe. My daughter, son in law, and grandson recently moved to that area. So I’m thinking a cabin, on mount Rose.
Now we're talking! That's the biggest reason I LOVE cold weather camping whether it be in a tent, a camper, or a cabin. Most don't camp in the cold. Last winter we saw, maybe, a dozen people at the campground—15 to 18 sites occupied out of over 100.

Sounds like a lot of fun, minus all the airport visits... I enjoy traveling, but the airports and the actual flying these days is a pain in the ass and seems just get worse and worse. I plan on getting TSA PreCheck next month to at least ease some of the pain of the former. Also, it's a shame at what SanFrancisco has become. It was such an awesome city in the not too distant past.... I've been 3 times, and would love to go again one day, but very seriously doubt I will unless there is an enormous and miraculous change with the city overall at some point in the future. But walking around Fisherman's Wharf with some warm clam chowder in a sourdough bowl on a cold day, exploring Alcatraz, taking a ferry to Sausalito, a Giants game at their great baseball park, the beauty of the architecture around the city, the trolleys, etc... It took a lot to ruin that awesome and unique experience, but they found a way. And it's a damn shame. And yes, New Orleans is headed in the same direction, for many of the same reasons.

Back
Top Bottom