| FTBL Depth Charth released by Saban for 1st game...

Bishop said:
why is McCoy in front of Stover?

I wouldn't get too worked up over these starting positions. Everybody's going to be getting plenty of snaps. Saban and staff are liable to disect this game as much as any other. Every potential starter on this team will get a fair shot at showing how they perform under "live fire."

If you have TiVO, this will be a great game to watch two or three times to gain an understanding to see who's really ready to go this season. That's my plan anyway.

Porterhouse said:
BamaBuck said:
Javi backing up Rashad at FS is a suprise.No Justin Woodall. Also, I figured J. Lowe would be in on KR.All in all looks pretty good to me. Now lets do this thing!!!

As Lowe gets more reps, he will move into the back-ip roll I think. I could even see him replacing Hall as KO return man soon.

Arenas and Sharrief have both come on like gang busters at safety. They both still need a lot of reps, but Saban is obviously pleased with them. As for Woodall, I really missed the mark on him. I though he'd be a starter by now... he seems to really be having a tough time.

I am shocked that I didn't see him on the depth chart. Does he have a injury that is hindering him maybe? :?

I'm curious about Alex Stadler and David Ross. Those guys were supposed to be hosses coming out of high school, but they are nowhere on the list. I think those guys where both red shirts last year, mean while, true freshmen like Vlachos and Crump (who were not as highly rated out of high school) are on the list. I wonder how that could happen. My first suspicious is that a year of learning blocking techniques from Connelly has so corrupted these young men’s minds that Pendry is having to re-program them through some type of “Clockwork Orange” type of mental conditioning to get them back into the right frame of mind to be good blockers.

RollTideRandy said:
I'm curious about Alex Stadler and David Ross. Those guys were supposed to be hosses coming out of high school, but they are nowhere on the list. I think those guys where both red shirts last year, mean while, true freshmen like Vlachos and Crump (who were not as highly rated out of high school) are on the list. I wonder how that could happen. My first suspicious is that a year of learning blocking techniques from Connelly has so corrupted these young men’s minds that Pendry is having to re-program them through some type of “Clockwork Orange” type of mental conditioning to get them back into the right frame of mind to be good blockers.

I always take recruiting hype with a grain of salt with most kids. Just because a player has all the physical tools to be great doesn't mean that he has the mentality right away. Meanwhile, some kids need that extra time to completely develop physically (which would lead to a lower recruit ranking) even though they already understand the mental side of the game. Give me an undersized, determined, smart player over a physically developed player that is a little slower on the uptake any day. See DeMeco Ryans.

Tider 27 said:
Porterhouse said:
BamaBuck said:
Javi backing up Rashad at FS is a suprise.No Justin Woodall. Also, I figured J. Lowe would be in on KR.All in all looks pretty good to me. Now lets do this thing!!!

As Lowe gets more reps, he will move into the back-ip roll I think. I could even see him replacing Hall as KO return man soon.

Arenas and Sharrief have both come on like gang busters at safety. They both still need a lot of reps, but Saban is obviously pleased with them. As for Woodall, I really missed the mark on him. I though he'd be a starter by now... he seems to really be having a tough time.

I am shocked that I didn't see him on the depth chart. Does he have a injury that is hindering him maybe? :?

Woodall appears to be a guy that for whatever reason, things just never clicked. I thought when we signed him, he'd send up being an All-SEC type safety or WLB, but I was obviously way off. Saban encouraging him to play baseball was the first sign that he might not be a major contributor, but then when you see that he is passed by Ali Sharrief (a guy that just moved to safety) on the depth chart, the writing on the wall becomes clearer.

Maybe Woodall can still make an impact on special teams, we'll see.

RollTideRandy said:

From what I understand, Stadler needs to be more physical and trails the other guys in terms of strength, and Ross needs to show a little more dedication to football.

So can Washington rise to the occasion if ( and it's looking like it is ) he needs to?

He was a big catch when we got him with buttloads of promise did Prep take some out of him or will he be that player we need him to be now.

csdien said:
So can Washington rise to the occasion if ( and it's looking like it is ) he needs to?

He was a big catch when we got him with buttloads of promise did Prep take some out of him or will he be that player we need him to be now.

Even if he can rise to the occasion. Who can relieve him from time to time? This makes me sick dammit.

Back
Top Bottom