| FTBL Demonstrating Class... or lack thereof.

Tider 27 said:
Yes we could get penalized and ultimately it would be a great thing. Will that stop drunk greek students from throwing stuff anyway? Probably not...

Ask yourself this question. Did the move of fining schools for fans rushing the courts have an effect? It still happens, but not nearly as often.

TerryP said:
Tider 27 said:
Yes we could get penalized and ultimately it would be a great thing. Will that stop drunk Greek students from throwing stuff anyway? Probably not...

Ask yourself this question. Did the move of fining schools for fans rushing the courts have an effect? It still happens, but not nearly as often.

Well I see your point then, and it should certainly lessen the incidents. I was just trying to make a point about the Greek students at every University.

Tider 27 said:
Yes we could get penalized and ultimately it would be a great thing.
I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but it would not be a great thing to be fined. This is why it is very important to be proactive instead of reactive

Tider 27 said:
Will that stop drunk greek students from throwing stuff anyway? Probably not...

If a drunk greek student throwing something on the field gets busted and slapped with a $500 fine for littering AND has his season tickets stripped, people around will be less likely to hurl something on the field.

Just because someone may or may not adhere to severe punishment doesn't mean we should just accept their actions.

TerryP said:
Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
musso said:
tidefaninGA said:
Maybe someone should have tossed a keg towards Matthew Stafford... and he could have caught it ... and lifted it over his head.

:lol: seriously ... he could. the guy has a rocket. and richt calls him the best qb he has ever coached ... think back to all the fsu qbs and the sec's winningest qb (green). :shock:

seriously I work with ALOT of UGA fans...most dont like Stafford...he has no touch, just ask their TE and the bullets he was trying to catch 5-10 yards down field. Yeah he has a cannon but no touch so far. Richt coached Elway,right? Sorry if that is so Stafford hasnt achieved the best qb award by throwing one pass in a Bama game. :roll:

Where did you get that? They were both playing QB in college at the same time. In fact, both starting in the '82 season. Also, Richt has never coached in the pro ranks.

I thought for some odd reason he was a qb coach for Denver. That wasn't that long ago and he could have done it, but went back and looked at his bio and not so. Not familiar with him and really never wanted to be. Didn't think it was college...lol college...yes I AM smarter than that.

Argo said:
Tider 27 said:
Yes we could get penalized and ultimately it would be a great thing.
I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but it would not be a great thing to be fined. This is why it is very important to be proactive instead of reactive

Tider 27 said:
Will that stop drunk greek students from throwing stuff anyway? Probably not...

If a drunk greek student throwing something on the field gets busted and slapped with a $500 fine for littering AND has his season tickets stripped, people around will be less likely to hurl something on the field.

Just because someone may or may not adhere to severe punishment doesn't mean we should just accept their actions.

I basically meant it would be great for the students to get fined. I'll be upfront here and say...I dislike Greeks. They ultimatly make the school look bad, but not all of them.

I wasn't accepting what they do, I was saying they will do whatever they want. Do you think over half of them care about $500? Over half of them spend close to $500 in one week or even weekend.

I think the only thing that would stop them are the tickets being stripped. They also have to be caught first of all...

I believe you guys were mistaking if you thought I was for throwing stuff. When actually I'm very against it in multiple ways. :wink:

Tider 27 said:
I basically meant it would be great for the students to get fined. I'll be upfront here and say...I dislike Greeks. They ultimatly make the school look bad, but not all of them.

I wasn't accepting what they do, I was saying they will do whatever they want. Do you think over half of them care about $500? Over half of them spend close to $500 in one week or even weekend.

I think the only thing that would stop them are the tickets being stripped. They also have to be caught first of all...

I believe you guys were mistaking if you thought I was for throwing stuff. When actually I'm very against it in multiple ways. :wink:

The last time Georgia was in town there were some problems with one of the frats. (I'll refrain from telling the story)

I had the same thought about fines and had the same thought. Would it truly have an effect? But then, after giving it some thought, I came up with this.

If a student is a member of a particular organization, and we'll use the Greeks as an example here, and does something considered a offense worth a fine, levy it on the particular frat house. Is one persons mistake representative of the entire house? Maybe not, but I had to weigh that against who he is representing.

It may not be the right, or legal approach, but it would create some waves...

Back
Top Bottom