| FTBL Demonstrating Class... or lack thereof.

rtauburnsucks said:
Shire5k said:
Alcohol + Losing = Stupidity.

Alcohol + Frat Boys = Bad Combo

They need to crack down on who has had to much to drink and such.

Also, the university can put their foot down and ban the student orginazatoins from having those seats.

Maybe take the first 15 rows in that end zone and close them off.

Along the same lines I was thinking. Put them on notice, give them the opportunity to clean up their act. If anything happens again, start reducing the section.

I don't beleive in punishing all for the actions of a few but, maybe they will police themselves that way.

Everyone has their fair share of bad fans and rowdy students. There is nothing we can do about it and quite frankly its a subject that is beaten like a dead horse.

musso said:
tidefaninGA said:
Maybe someone should have tossed a keg towards Matthew Stafford... and he could have caught it ... and lifted it over his head.

:lol: seriously ... he could. the guy has a rocket. and richt calls him the best qb he has ever coached ... think back to all the fsu qbs and the sec's winningest qb (green). :shock:

seriously I work with ALOT of UGA fans...most dont like Stafford...he has no touch, just ask their TE and the bullets he was trying to catch 5-10 yards down field. Yeah he has a cannon but no touch so far. Richt coached Elway,right? Sorry if that is so Stafford hasnt achieved the best qb award by throwing one pass in a Bama game. :roll:

Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
musso said:
tidefaninGA said:
Maybe someone should have tossed a keg towards Matthew Stafford... and he could have caught it ... and lifted it over his head.

:lol: seriously ... he could. the guy has a rocket. and richt calls him the best qb he has ever coached ... think back to all the fsu qbs and the sec's winningest qb (green). :shock:

seriously I work with ALOT of UGA fans...most dont like Stafford...he has no touch, just ask their TE and the bullets he was trying to catch 5-10 yards down field. Yeah he has a cannon but no touch so far. Richt coached Elway,right? Sorry if that is so Stafford hasnt achieved the best qb award by throwing one pass in a Bama game. :roll:

Where did you get that? They were both playing QB in college at the same time. In fact, both starting in the '82 season. Also, Richt has never coached in the pro ranks.

DustyG said:
bamajt said:
some of you are letting the actions of few represent the entire student section. i was in the student section and i didn't throw a thing and neither did anyone that was around me. but yet i should have my tickets revoked because some of the greeks or other individuals that were sitting near that section acted the way they did? don't tell me that i'm classless and deserve to be punished when i did nothing wrong.

I never said that you were classless or did anything wrong. Unfortunately, we live in a society where no one is willing to do the right thing and turn in the individuals who were responsible. You and the majority of the other individuals in the Student section did nothing wrong. However, your classmates behaved in a manner unbecoming the University. My solution is the military solution: When the culprit cannot be determined, everyone pays. This way, you completely eliminate the behavior one way or the other...either the people responsible for throwing things onto the field will not do so in the future, or if they are unable to learn from their actions, you remove them from the equation. Either way, the next time it happens is the last time it happens.
the better solution would be to up security around the problem area. put some security personnel in/around that section so that if someone does do the act then they can be punished. there are about 15,000 people in the student section (not all are students) and it is a ridiculous notion that all 15,000 should be punished for i dunno 50 of them acting stupid. by your logic tide pride members should have there tickets void if someone in that section (that may not even be a member of tide pride) acts a little unsavory. that is all i have to say about this.

musso said:
tidefaninGA said:

Well I was referring to the photo of him (Stafford) that was floating around the Internet.

bamajt said:
DustyG said:
bamajt said:
some of you are letting the actions of few represent the entire student section. i was in the student section and i didn't throw a thing and neither did anyone that was around me. but yet i should have my tickets revoked because some of the greeks or other individuals that were sitting near that section acted the way they did? don't tell me that i'm classless and deserve to be punished when i did nothing wrong.

I never said that you were classless or did anything wrong. Unfortunately, we live in a society where no one is willing to do the right thing and turn in the individuals who were responsible. You and the majority of the other individuals in the Student section did nothing wrong. However, your classmates behaved in a manner unbecoming the University. My solution is the military solution: When the culprit cannot be determined, everyone pays. This way, you completely eliminate the behavior one way or the other...either the people responsible for throwing things onto the field will not do so in the future, or if they are unable to learn from their actions, you remove them from the equation. Either way, the next time it happens is the last time it happens.
the better solution would be to up security around the problem area. put some security personnel in/around that section so that if someone does do the act then they can be punished. there are about 15,000 people in the student section (not all are students) and it is a ridiculous notion that all 15,000 should be punished for i dunno 50 of them acting stupid. by your logic tide pride members should have there tickets void if someone in that section (that may not even be a member of tide pride) acts a little unsavory. that is all i have to say about this.

Exactly. If you took thirty or so security guys and placed them in the bottom 12 or 15 rows, with two or three others filming, each with the instructions "if people start throwing things, catch one", it would quickly stop.

RTR,

Tim

I'm observing an Emoticon Free Day!

tidefaninGA said:
musso said:
tidefaninGA said:

Well I was referring to the photo of him (Stafford) that was floating around the Internet.

482877996_7af67e156f.jpg

? :lol:

Tider 27 said:
Everyone has their fair share of bad fans and rowdy students. There is nothing we can do about it and quite frankly its a subject that is beaten like a dead horse.

It's one thing when fans on a message board beat this subject like a dead horse. It's a different story when the headcoach of the University goes out of his way to touch on the subject.

Birdman37 said:
Nate said:
yeah the UGA players did have some personal fouls that were blantant that should have gotten called... but we shoved and did some stuff to that wasn't very nice... I completly agree on the helmet thing.. but I havn't seen the replay on TV, and from what I have heard on replay its not as bad as it looked. but still...

and yes there is NO excuse for teh way our students acted. I don't care is LSU is in town, we need to show a helluva lot more respect and class to opposing teams/fans.

it was as bad as it looked. the guy was trying to tear JP's head completely off. the guy was falling back and still rippin at the facemask. and then after that 2 others dove in on him as he was on the ground. Smitty came in for the save and looked like he was about to start whippin some dawgs but he just stood over JP instead so nobody could jump on him anymore.

Football is a rough game. It damn sure was rough when "bear" lived!

ripping off a helmet is a bad thing. Kids play hard and mistakes are made. Apologies and glad JPW wasn't injured.

Your fans have been over on DawgPost and apologized for the throwing stuff. It happens, we all have those types of fans. I have seen similar stuff all over the SEC. UGA players were elated, it was a big game for us and we needed a W. Perhaps the celebrating went a bit far. So did the reaction.

Good luck the rest of the way and beat Auburn.

Argo said:
Tider 27 said:

It's one thing when fans on a message board beat this subject like a dead horse. It's a different story when the headcoach of the University goes out of his way to touch on the subject.

Personally, I don't think it really matters in the long run. I know throwing stuff at the opposing players is classless, but what can we do?

Mr L E Phant said:
Birdman37 said:
Nate said:
yeah the UGA players did have some personal fouls that were blantant that should have gotten called... but we shoved and did some stuff to that wasn't very nice... I completly agree on the helmet thing.. but I havn't seen the replay on TV, and from what I have heard on replay its not as bad as it looked. but still...

and yes there is NO excuse for teh way our students acted. I don't care is LSU is in town, we need to show a helluva lot more respect and class to opposing teams/fans.

it was as bad as it looked. the guy was trying to tear JP's head completely off. the guy was falling back and still rippin at the facemask. and then after that 2 others dove in on him as he was on the ground. Smitty came in for the save and looked like he was about to start whippin some dawgs but he just stood over JP instead so nobody could jump on him anymore.

Football is a rough game. It damn sure was rough when "bear" lived!

man r u serious? yea football is a rough sport and it was rough when i played but there is a difference between rough and playing hard and freaking trying to rip a players head off. come on old man.

Tider 27 said:
Argo said:
Tider 27 said:

Personally, I don't think it really matters in the long run. I know throwing stuff at the opposing players is classless, but what can we do?

I guess we'll have to wait until someone gets seriously hurt(loss of sight) and files a million dollar lawsuit against the University before it becomes something we should concern ourselves with.

Tider 27 said:
Argo said:
Tider 27 said:

There is stuff that can be done about it. If the SEC started fining schools, say $50,000 every time such an incident occurred, you'd see things get cleaned up. There are several things that could be done to deal with it by the school(s) as well.

Porterhouse said:
There is stuff that can be done about it. If the SEC started fining schools, say $50,000 every time such an incident occurred, you'd see things get cleaned up. There are several things that could be done to deal with it by the school(s) as well.

I doubt if they will do anything, but I'd love to see UA be proactive instead of reactive for once. I wish they would start taking actions to curb this behavior BEFORE the SEC or NCAA steps in.

Well I think the cleaning up should start with the individual. We all should feel accountable for our actions. To bad we have these classless idiots. Forgetting, or lack of upbringing and not being held accountable seems to be the norm these days. :evil:

Tider 27 said:
Argo said:
Tider 27 said:

An interesting story has been breaking down in Baton Rouge concerning students behavior. As a collective group, their cheers have progressively become more and more vulgar.

So, they made, or are in the process of making (haven't looked in a little while) a policy change that discontinues the band led cheers that were the background music for these actions.

It will do a lot to contain, or at least diminish, what families were hearing and what was being said to rivals in Death Valley.

Why do I bring this up? Because it shows that schools can make pro-active decisions to improve behavior.

The school as the ability to change things. And, I feel comfortable stating that Saban's comments didn't fall on deaf ears. (at least the ears of those that matter)

Yes we could get penalized and ultimately it would be a great thing. Will that stop drunk greek students from throwing stuff anyway? Probably not...

Back
Top Bottom