| FTBL Demonstrating Class... or lack thereof.

Folks, I'm just plain ticked at the way folks handle themselves in the wake of a loss or a win.

Frankly, I'm embarrassed of those folks who threw trash & bottles at the UGA players. I personally think those folks should be banned from the stadium for a lifetime(not as if it were enforcable). Totally disgusting ;pu & embarrassing :oops: .

Also, UGA didn't help their case (except for Coach Richt) at winning w/ class as well. I would've liked to see them handled themselves w/ a little more selfcontrol. They essentially did everything that isn't encouraged during the game & spat on the rules & our players just because the game is over. Nice :?.

It was mostly the students throwing stuff, at UGA.. I'm gonna call it a wash.. but the UA police defiantly need to patrol the student section better than they currently are.

It doesnt' matter if it's the student body or the Sr class of 76. We don't do that kinda thing it's uncalled for!

Futhermore, being the student body they should freaking know better.

Yep, it was bad on both sides. To be honest I got out of there so quick once UGA scored that I didn't know about either until post game on the radio.

Couple of things...I don't like the way the UGA players tried to tear JPW's head off. You go back and watch that play. There was much more going on there than a simple facemask. JP was hit afterwards by 1 and maybe 2 guys once the helmet was OFF.

Sorry but I don't respect Richt on the coaching field. He's vintage FSU style play once on the field. Now I'm sure if we had won I wouldn't care.

yeah the UGA players did have some personal fouls that were blantant that should have gotten called... but we shoved and did some stuff to that wasn't very nice... I completly agree on the helmet thing.. but I havn't seen the replay on TV, and from what I have heard on replay its not as bad as it looked. but still...

and yes there is NO excuse for teh way our students acted. I don't care is LSU is in town, we need to show a helluva lot more respect and class to opposing teams/fans.

Umm, let see. 18-21 year old students, being taunted by 18-21 year old football players right in front of them after a game winning play. And you are surprised that cups and shakers are being thrown at them? Like that has never happened before or anywhere else. Nobody was hurt, nobody is going to get hurt. It was not like there was a shower of them, please. Like UGA players were running for their lives. All the factors in the senario was to such an extreme, that I'm not surprised that happened. That probably won't happen again for quite a few years.

And ban them for life, life? Come on. Good luck finding one kid who did it, and then banning him for life. I guess I should be banned for life for throwing my cup in the air when Proctor kicked the game winner vs. UGA in 1994.

Only people who are complaining are other Bama fans. Lighten up. Its college.

TWJUA said:
Umm, let see. 18-21 year old students, being taunted by 18-21 year old football players right in front of them after a game winning play. And you are surprised that cups and shakers are being thrown at them? Like that has never happened before or anywhere else. Nobody was hurt, nobody is going to get hurt. It was not like there was a shower of them, please. Like UGA players were running for their lives. All the factors in the senario was to such an extreme, that I'm not surprised that happened. That probably won't happen again for quite a few years.

And ban them for life, life? Come on. Good luck finding one kid who did it, and then banning him for life. I guess I should be banned for life for throwing my cup in the air when Proctor kicked the game winner vs. UGA in 1994.

First off... the attitude our students have started WAAAAY WAAAYY before the win. and its not just with UGA... the only thing that seperates me from teh students is the aisle and a fence.. I deal with them every week. yes I understand they are 18-21..but they borderline act like LSU fans, and thats not acceptable. and yes, its pretty obvious when things get thrown on the feild, who did it... you can always tell who is guilty... they ahve 3 police officers that stand at the gate to go underneath the stands. it they put ONE of those guys up at the top of the stands I think a lot of that would stop..

Adn keep this in mind, if you are a tide pride member, and get thrown out of a game, you can loose the rest of your tickets for the season and get kicked out of tide pride... why shouldn't students face the same fate when 90% of the time they are acting a whole lot worse than the drunk fans that get thrown out. There is a waiting list for students as well!!

TWJUA said:

:shock:

Ahh, you need to rethink the whole concept of winning & losing w/ class. If you understood it you'd have no reasonto throw anything at somebody, regardless of someone potentially getting hurt. People w/ class don't make excuses based on age or what others are doing.

Just because nobody got hurt doesn't justify the stupidity of an act. That is like saying, Driving drunk is ok as long as nobody gets hurt, right?

Also, Bottles were also thrown at the players. That is ok? :roll:. What if one of these things busted & scratched or put out an eye...but you can some how assure us nothing will happen...right on.

Finally, I admittedly acknowledged that banning them is unrealistic b/c a rule is only a real rule if it is enforcable. I just needed to clarify incase you missed that premise in my first post.

Yes it sucks people did this...but it happens everywhere. Until the schools start enforcing reprocutions for such actions (fines, etc) then it won't stop. I'm not warranting their actions, but just saying it happens everywhere.

We are better than that but you know how student sections get. :roll:

Nate said:
yeah the UGA players did have some personal fouls that were blantant that should have gotten called... but we shoved and did some stuff to that wasn't very nice... I completly agree on the helmet thing.. but I havn't seen the replay on TV, and from what I have heard on replay its not as bad as it looked. but still...

and yes there is NO excuse for teh way our students acted. I don't care is LSU is in town, we need to show a helluva lot more respect and class to opposing teams/fans.

it was as bad as it looked. the guy was trying to tear JP's head completely off. the guy was falling back and still rippin at the facemask. and then after that 2 others dove in on him as he was on the ground. Smitty came in for the save and looked like he was about to start whippin some dawgs but he just stood over JP instead so nobody could jump on him anymore.

Shire5k said:
Alcohol + Losing = Stupidity.

Alcohol + Frat Boys = Bad Combo

They need to crack down on who has had to much to drink and such.

Also, the university can put their foot down and ban the student orginazatoins from having those seats.

Maybe take the first 15 rows in that end zone and close them off.

TWJUA said:

Nobody is going to get hurt? From what I remember, a member of Auburn's football team was hit in the face with a full bottle after last year's game.

But, yeah, since we are 18-25 year old college students, we should be able to do anything we want. Good point Albert.

It's only a matter of time before the NCAA starts fining Universities for this type of behavior. If the students are going to act like idiots, take their seats and sell them at regular price to people who will not act like morons. Ticket demand IS at an all-time high.

Before any starts in with the whole "the student section gets the crowd pumped" bit, save it. I can scream just as loud as they can.

tidefaninGA said:
Maybe someone should have tossed a keg towards Matthew Stafford... and he could have caught it ... and lifted it over his head.

:lol: seriously ... he could. the guy has a rocket. and richt calls him the best qb he has ever coached ... think back to all the fsu qbs and the sec's winningest qb (green). :shock:

Personally, I think the University should issue a statement to the students that states simply: "If any material is thrown onto the field from the student section at any other football game, all student tickets will be void for the remainder of the season."

As I have grown older, the one thing I bemoan about younger people is the lack of responsibility they show. Unless people with authority over the younger generation start holding them accountable for their actions, the younger generation will never learn responsibility. JMHO.

some of you are letting the actions of few represent the entire student section. i was in the student section and i didn't throw a thing and neither did anyone that was around me. but yet i should have my tickets revoked because some of the greeks or other individuals that were sitting near that section acted the way they did? don't tell me that i'm classless and deserve to be punished when i did nothing wrong.

bamajt said:
some of you are letting the actions of few represent the entire student section. i was in the student section and i didn't throw a thing and neither did anyone that was around me. but yet i should have my tickets revoked because some of the greeks or other individuals that were sitting near that section acted the way they did? don't tell me that i'm classless and deserve to be punished when i did nothing wrong.

I never said that you were classless or did anything wrong. Unfortunately, we live in a society where no one is willing to do the right thing and turn in the individuals who were responsible. You and the majority of the other individuals in the Student section did nothing wrong. However, your classmates behaved in a manner unbecoming the University. My solution is the military solution: When the culprit cannot be determined, everyone pays. This way, you completely eliminate the behavior one way or the other...either the people responsible for throwing things onto the field will not do so in the future, or if they are unable to learn from their actions, you remove them from the equation. Either way, the next time it happens is the last time it happens.

Back
Top Bottom