| FTBL Delusional Fan Base

rammajamma

Verified Member
Ok time for Deep Thoughts by Rammajamma

We are always accused of having a delusional fan base. As if it is somehow a flaw in us to expect our team to be a champion. Excuse me, but coming out each season and NOT expecting a championship is Barner mentality.

But this is not about Alabama, this is about Arkansas. Houston Nutt, evil genius that he is, figured out a way to come out smelling like a rose when its all said and done. Think about it, one day you are the head coach at Ak and the next day you are the head coach at Ole Miss. Is there really much difference in the 2? If I had any sense, I would be sitting down writing either a biography of Houston Nutt or a screen play for "The Life of Jimmy Sexton." This stuff is Hollywood gold. Anyway, I happen to be friends with a few Arkansas fans. If ever there were a team that had a fan base that needed Paxil it was Arkansas. One week they are upsetting the number one team in the country, the next day their head coach is on the news for texting some chick in Kentucky like 200 times a night. Could you imagine that? Every night, him and his wife watching tv on the couch, Houston with his Blackberry Texting his bff rose. It was just too much for one fan base to take. Ole Miss fans, on the other hand will probably be too drunk to notice if he is texting on the sidelines. They are just glad to have a coach that speaks English.

But my point is, as much as some of them professed to hating CHN, why didn't they have someone waiting in the wings when he said bye bye. Is Tommy Bowden really the best they can do? No offense to Clemson but this guy has 7-5 written all over him. Just seems to me that you finally get rid of Nutt, you need to have Mike Ditka or Steve Spurrier ready to come out at the next press conference.

rammajamma said:
Ok time for Deep Thoughts by Rammajamma

We are always accused of having a delusional fan base. As if it is somehow a flaw in us to expect our team to be a champion. Excuse me, but coming out each season and NOT expecting a championship is Barner mentality.

But this is not about Alabama, this is about Arkansas. Houston Nutt, evil genius that he is, figured out a way to come out smelling like a rose when its all said and done. Think about it, one day you are the head coach at Ak and the next day you are the head coach at Ole Miss. Is there really much difference in the 2? If I had any sense, I would be sitting down writing either a biography of Houston Nutt or a screen play for "The Life of Jimmy Sexton." This stuff is Hollywood gold. Anyway, I happen to be friends with a few Arkansas fans. If ever there were a team that had a fan base that needed Paxil it was Arkansas. One week they are upsetting the number one team in the country, the next day their head coach is on the news for texting some chick in Kentucky like 200 times a night. Could you imagine that? Every night, him and his wife watching tv on the couch, Houston with his Blackberry Texting his bff rose. It was just too much for one fan base to take. Ole Miss fans, on the other hand will probably be too drunk to notice if he is texting on the sidelines. They are just glad to have a coach that speaks English.

But my point is, as much as some of them professed to hating CHN, why didn't they have someone waiting in the wings when he said bye bye. Is Tommy Bowden really the best they can do? No offense to Clemson but this guy has 7-5 written all over him. Just seems to me that you finally get rid of Nutt, you need to have Mike Ditka or Steve Spurrier ready to come out at the next press conference.

Nutt got rid of them or they might have had someone like that at the press conference.

Quick Hijack!!!!

I can't read it unless it's by Jack Handy.

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."

For some reason that reminds me of Porter...

Back
Top Bottom