| FTBL Definition of a Season

tider79

Was just reflecting on Bama's season so far and it dawned on me that three plays have defined the Tide's destiny, all being the last play of the game. LSU, UT, A&M, and you might even include the game winning field goal with 20 seconds left against Texas. Incredible how 3 or 4 plays alone determine success or failure for a team. Im hoping against hope this is 2010 all over again and we bounce back in a big way next year...

yeah but…for me it is those teams never should have been in a position to win in the closing seconds of the games. The first 55 or so minutes of the game, okay. The last 5 give me pause. It’s a pattern. In statistics patterns are signs of common cause variation. Fixing common cause variation is the responsibility of mgmt. In this case, coaches.

Was just reflecting on Bama's season so far and it dawned on me that three plays have defined the Tide's destiny, all being the last play of the game. LSU, UT, A&M, and you might even include the game winning field goal with 20 seconds left against Texas. Incredible how 3 or 4 plays alone determine success or failure for a team. Im hoping against hope this is 2010 all over again and we bounce back in a big way next year...
Yeah if you measure it based on the end results I agree. If those plays had all gone Bamas way it still would not have taken away the play of the other 140-150 plays in each game. A lot of inconsistencey throughout all of those games on both sides of the ball and on the penalty front. Foundational stuff.

Back
Top Bottom