| FTBL DeBoer interview: The Game:

I think this transition has gone about as smoothly as it could the only speedbumps he's run into are the coaches leaving before they even signed here. I'm sure that was annoying but looks like he wasn't completely caught off guard because he had hires fairly quickly in place afterwards. We knew we were going to lose players, we gotta look at all the players he was able to keep...some of those guys were gone even if Saban was still coaching if not in Winter, then in Spring.

What do you mean?

In MY opinion, the transition is one of the most successful I've seen as a football fan.

I agree the transition has been good. Just he is NOT very succinct or straight to the point. And certainly his expectations was answered as if he rarely pounded out that matter. In comparison, the MTAQ or "Be a team everybody hates playing" was CNS expectations from the beginning. The "process" didn't really start materializing to until the 2008 season.

But MTAQ... my gawwsh. Simple. Clear.

Last edited:
I agree the transition has been good. Just he is NOT very succinct or straight to the point. And certainly his expectations was answered as if he rarely pounded out that matter. In comparison, the MTAQ or "Be a team everybody hates playing" was CNS expectations from the beginning. The "process" didn't really start materializing to unilt the 2008 season.

But MTAQ... my gawwsh. Simple. Clear.

Saw this yesterday, and from some of the positive things I've heard from the players/coaches is that this is one of the most uplifting and positive coaching staffs they've ever been a part of. These coaches truly want the guys to succeed and the guys want to play hard for them. I think success will help, but that's only possible after Fall Camp so for now just listen to their messages.

4th quarter conditioning already started.

@TerryP I'll add that I think one of the things that CNS did to change college football was how he ran the football program like a CEO. Folks forget that he wrote his book "How Good Do You Want To BE?" after the LSU NC. It's very clear how that book helped CNS be more succinct & clear at communicating. By the time CNS got to 'Bama he was in full stride with his operating principles & clearly communicating them to everybody in the program.

Back
Top Bottom