| FTBL Daniel Moore to paint "The Blackout"

I beleive the University felt that he was making these pictures and selling them and they were not licensed by the University. I'm not sure but I think that is the jist of the suit.

Daniel Moore may not be the "man" that most of us think of him to be, but let's face it: UA wants more and more money if she can get it. Nothing wrong with updating facilities and making the place as great as it can be, but it shouldn't come at EVERYONE's expense, especially people who ALREADY HAVE REVENUE-SHARING agreements with them.

UA wants too much money. Sorry for opening up a can of worms here....

That Julio shot is a good'un, but Bama Jama's Daniel Mooresque depiction truly captures the "Blackout."

dmversion.jpg

:D

I like Daniel Moore's paintings. I don't know what kind of man he is personally, BUT...it's kinda fishy that the university let him do this for many years without saying a word, then all of a sudden they decide they want a slice of his pie :roll:

If they wanted to stop infringement, they should have sued him the first time he ever painted an Alabama picture...but no, they waited till he gained a lot of money off it.....sounds like money grubbing to me.

ExiledTidefan said:
Daniel Moore may not be the "man" that most of us think of him to be, but let's face it: UA wants more and more money if she can get it. Nothing wrong with updating facilities and making the place as great as it can be, but it shouldn't come at EVERYONE's expense, especially people who ALREADY HAVE REVENUE-SHARING agreements with them.

UA wants too much money. Sorry for opening up a can of worms here....

There is the kicker. He was paying UA for some of the items and then stopped. He continues with the prints, but stopped on other things the prints were on.

They have a case considering he was paying them in the first place...then stopped.

No big deal on the can of worms...comes up every once in awhile...it's not like the uniform change threads. :lol:

bamanaf said:
TerryP said:
psychojoe said:
I really wish the U of A would let that one go. Daniel Moore has done a lot of good for us.

Did you know that UA is just one of many in a line to get money from him?

He's not the "man" a lot think he is.

No, who else IRS??

For me to start throwing the names of the people/companies out here...that's involving this site, the site owners, etc.

It's not something I feel right discussing on a public forum...if you get my drift.

TerryP said:
bamanaf said:
TerryP said:
psychojoe said:
I really wish the U of A would let that one go. Daniel Moore has done a lot of good for us.

Did you know that UA is just one of many in a line to get money from him?

He's not the "man" a lot think he is.

No, who else IRS??

For me to start throwing the names of the people/companies out here...that's involving this site, the site owners, etc.

It's not something I feel right discussing on a public forum...if you get my drift.

people/companies, gotcha, answered the question. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom