| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Crimson Peak (Guillermo del Toro)

I had heard about it for some time but didn't know anything about it. It does look interesting as well as freaky a little bit at the end. Then again,most of his movies do lean towards the freaky. It will be strange seeing Tom Hiddleston in a role other than Loki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimson_Peak

Set in Cumbria, in a crumbling mansion in a largely rural and mountainous region of northern England in the 19th century, young author Edith Cushing (Wasikowska) discovers that her charming new husband Sir Thomas Sharpe (Hiddleston) is not who he appears to be.

Del Toro called the film a "ghost story and gothic romance". He described it as "a very set-oriented, classical but at the same time modern take on the ghost story", and said that it would allow him to play with the genres' conventions while subverting their rules.[15] He stated, "I think people are getting used to horror subjects done as found footage or B-value budgets. I wanted this to feel like a throwback."

His movies are always interesting, most of the movies these days are just special effects and action, so its nice to get something different.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good special effects / action movie :)

Back
Top Bottom