| FTBL Couple of things I noticed about the offense

I

imported_porkchop

(1) JPW really needs to get it going. He's beginning to heat up some but he has to do a better job early on with the zone. The zone seems to be his kryptonite.

(2) You can't run everything wide. Eventually BAMA needs to hit something up the middle aside from an occasional 3rd-down draw play.

(3) Fourth and one is a killer and it looks like UGA is going to take it to the house for another score. Whoever called that 4th down play seems to think that BAMA can't pick up a yard running it, which really bothers me.

Any thoughts?

I think with how strong we have been running the ball, maybe CMA wanted to fake them into a run play then bust a big pass on them. who knows. but JPW does need to step it up. he has got to stop overthrowing the ball. we could have been up by a TD by now if not for that.

Considering that the offense was barely on the field in the first half, we're very lucky to only be down by 7. Let's hear it for the D!!!

I trust Saban to make the necessary adjustments and we'll come back out and whip those dawgs in the second half.

runswithscissors said:
I think with how strong we have been running the ball, maybe CMA wanted to fake them into a run play then bust a big pass on them. who knows. but JPW does need to step it up. he has got to stop overthrowing the ball. we could have been up by a TD by now if not for that.

If we're running so strong I would think that a handoff would have been better. I know where you're coming from but I still think that you can set the tone and deliver a message with an inside give for some tough first-down running.

We look more like UGA on offense right now than we look like BAMA. Which is to say we're playing soft and calling soft plays. BAMA needs to go back to being BAMA and running it all over the field, mixing in some downfield passing.

I feel like we're playing not to lose right now.

the problem is they know we're not going to hit downfield very often because JPW is floating everything. I was worried this would happen with the offense. and the offense shouldn't be where we're having problems. we've been steadily slipping since the Vandy game and I'm not sure what the deal is. hopefully we make the necessary adjustments and come out swinging. but right now, UGA is looking like they want it more. they have alot riding on this game, and its looking like they might steal one out from under us. hopefully I'm wrong.

porkchop said:

I feel like we're getting our first taste of a multi-dimentional team. UGA's defense is more sophisticated than Arky and they are penetrating and preventing the deep threat. We'll make adjustments and start running the ball with some authority.

At least I hope so.

runswithscissors said:
the problem is they know we're not going to hit downfield very often because JPW is floating everything. I was worried this would happen with the offense. and the offense shouldn't be where we're having problems. we've been steadily slipping since the Vandy game and I'm not sure what the deal is. hopefully we make the necessary adjustments and come out swinging. but right now, UGA is looking like they want it more. they have alot riding on this game, and its looking like they might steal one out from under us. hopefully I'm wrong.

Just relax, scissors. We'll make the adjustments at halftime. There's a whole second half to be played. We've just got to find a way to give our defense some time to rest.

RTR!

JPW has got to stop throwing off his back foot...causing everything to float! Plant that front foot son, and follow thru!

reger60 said:
porkchop said:

I feel like we're getting our first taste of a multi-dimentional team. UGA's defense is more sophisticated than Arky and they are penetrating and preventing the deep threat. We'll make adjustments and start running the ball with some authority.

At least I hope so.

Well, that's what I was saying last week and people told me I was nuts. I guess ARK is the be all, end all, to a lot of people. UGA's a better team though and are potentially tougher with balanced offense, but what do I know?

Back
Top Bottom