| FTBL Could Oregon win the B1G in their first season?

Not if they are playing in the freezing & blowing snow.. they made a big mistake going into harsh climates, not like theirs.. especially those California teams..

They are leaving the ease of the PAC 12 into a bloodbath..The Big 10 and SEC are much more physical and violent..
If you look at Oregon over the last five years, or over the time we've seen the playoffs in college football, or over the period of time we've watched college football since the inception of the BCS ...

Oregon has a winning record.

Where is, or where has been, this bloodbath?

DATESWinsLosses
1999-202315862
2013-20236931
2019-20234535
Not if they are playing in the freezing & blowing snow..

Tell me about the differences between Portland in November and Madison , WI in November. (UO vs UW, 11/16.) FWIW, I'll bet ya that Portland gets over two times the precipitation as Madison.

If you look at Oregon over the last five years, or over the time we've seen the playoffs in college football, or over the period of time we've watched college football since the inception of the BCS ...

Oregon has a winning record.

Where is, or where has been, this bloodbath?

DATESWinsLosses
1999-202315862
2013-20236931
2019-20234535

Tell me about the differences between Portland in November and Madison , WI in November. (UO vs UW, 11/16.) FWIW, I'll bet ya that Portland gets over two times the precipitation as Madison.
In a cupcake league you get a lot a scrimmages.. they are about to get banged up now.. the PAC 12 is the new kids in town..The BIG10 will go hard on them.. It’s a pride thing..None of the BIG 10 will want to lose to the “West coasters”..

In a cupcake league you get a lot a scrimmages.. they are about to get banged up now.. the PAC 12 is the new kids in town..The BIG10 will go hard on them.. It’s a pride thing..None of the BIG 10 will want to lose to the “West coasters”..

But really....looking at Oregon schedule....got mich n osu...
Rest of schedule is navigational.....maybe even thos...oregon brings a bit more...then the mid big10s....

I think they certianly could. The weather shouldn't be an issue like some think, they just won't get to go to AZ or Southern Cal anymore & it will not necessarily be their competitive advantage at playing in the cold or freezing rain.

I'm more curious to see how the travel affects all the B15Ten, err whatever it is now.
Well...actually they do get to go to Southern California...lol. With ucla n USCw...in conference.....but...miss the arizona and other southern trips...

But the travel is awful....or can be.....to Indiana or Pennsylvania or New York....illinois...etc

Part of stupid reorganization of cf...

In a cupcake league you get a lot a scrimmages..
Are you talking about the B1G, or the (formerly known as) PAC?

they are about to get banged up now.
By whom?

Do you believe MSU, or Purdue, or the Illini ... are they going to push Oregon around? My question is still out there. How are they going to get a hat on a hat?

Ohio State is on the road against Oregon this fall. They are not a "pound 'em" team under Day. They travel to Michigan (a team I don't see in the B1G title game much less competing against the Ducks.)

Well...actually they do get to go to Southern California...lol. With ucla n USCw...in conference.....but...miss the arizona and other southern trips...

But the travel is awful....or can be.....to Indiana or Pennsylvania or New York....illinois...etc

Part of stupid reorganization of cf...
They have one trip away from the west coast (@Purdue) until November. They have two away games in November: Ann Arbor and Madison.

I'll take it one step farther. Oregon has a good chance of winning the B1G in back to back seasons. Boise State falls off their schedule in 2025; they pick up Okie State for OOC (at home.)

BUT, in conference play? Their B1G road games of note: @ Penn State and @ Washington.

Oregon’s 2025 football schedule:
  • Aug 30: Montana State, Autzen Stadium
  • Sept. 6: Oklahoma State, Autzen Stadium
  • Sept. 20: Oregon State, Autzen Stadium
  • Big Ten home games: Indiana, Minnesota, USC, Wisconsin
  • Big Ten road games: Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, Rutgers, Washington

Could they win the Big 10? Sure. Will they win the Big 10? Not so sure but I would not count them out looking at there schedule. Someone mentioned the cold weather. To me (living in Ohio) it should not really play a factor until very late November when they play Wisconsin and I am not 100% sure where that game is being played. Heat and humidity are much more difficult on the body than the cold weather. The past 3 winters here in the mid-west have been very mild so I do not think the cold will factor into the games at all.

They have one trip away from the west coast (@Purdue) until November. They have two away games in November: Ann Arbor and Madison.

I'll take it one step farther. Oregon has a good chance of winning the B1G in back to back seasons. Boise State falls off their schedule in 2025; they pick up Okie State for OOC (at home.)

BUT, in conference play? Their B1G road games of note: @ Penn State and @ Washington.

Oregon’s 2025 football schedule:
  • Aug 30: Montana State, Autzen Stadium
  • Sept. 6: Oklahoma State, Autzen Stadium
  • Sept. 20: Oregon State, Autzen Stadium
  • Big Ten home games: Indiana, Minnesota, USC, Wisconsin
  • Big Ten road games: Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, Rutgers, Washington
Not a rugged away schedule for sure...

As for away at ann arbor n madison in November.... that could be interesting ..weather wise.......

Be fun to get them in ttown in early September...that's enough to get that human outta that duck costume....often

As for away at ann arbor n madison in November.... that could be interesting ..weather wise.......
Like Mike said, historically it hasn't been.

On average, Madison is probably around 5℉ colder than Portland in November. But, Portland? As mentioned earlier, over two times as much rain/precipitation.

The dry cold of Madison, the wet cold of Oregon. I don't see that great of an impact unless we see a strange weather occurrence.

Maybe it's not the best analogy ...

A few years ago I was playing golf in 93-93℉ here in town. Hot? Yeah. I was probably drinking six to eight bottles of water per 18. A few weeks later I took a trip out to Oklahoma. It was 115-120℉. People in the clubhouse were "dying" and I'm making the turn grabbing a couple bottles of water. Two different types of heat: the body can acclimate. (Not a lot different than playing in Tuscaloosa vs South Florida in September.)

Back
Top Bottom