| FTBL Consequences of Bama's Failed Season

Crtuneman

After huge expectations and lofty goals the Alabama season has become a bust. The obvious consequences are that Bama will not compete for an SEC title or a national championship. There will be coaching changes of course, and players leaving early. But I have been wondering how many players will hit the transfer portal. I expect many players from this team to transfer. A couple already have. Who do you think is the most likely candidates for transfer? Prentice? Bond? Arnold? I just hope that Bama can reap a good haul from the portal to replace the mass exodus.

After huge expectations and lofty goals the Alabama season has become a bust. The obvious consequences are that Bama will not compete for an SEC title or a national championship. There will be coaching changes of course, and players leaving early. But I have been wondering how many players will hit the transfer portal. I expect many players from this team to transfer. A couple already have. Who do you think is the most likely candidates for transfer? Prentice? Bond? Arnold? I just hope that Bama can reap a good haul from the portal to replace the mass exodus.
It's a little early in this process. JMO but we haven't hit the bottom yet. I do hope the young receivers stick around. I have no problems with never seeing #3, #7, #11, or #81 ever play another snap.

I think most, with the exception of those not seeing any game time, will stick around to see what the coaching staff looks like. It’s obvious that development of players has been missing the last couple of years

It's a little early in this process. JMO but we haven't hit the bottom yet. I do hope the young receivers stick around. I have no problems with never seeing #3, #7, #11, or #81 ever play another snap.
I hope you're right. I would like to see Prentice and Bond stick around to see what they can do with an actual OC. I also think Brooks is a good receiver but he hasn't been coached up properly. IMO I think several guys will hit the portal just because they think they can thrive in a better system. We will see.

I hope you're right. I would like to see Prentice and Bond stick around to see what they can do with an actual OC. I also think Brooks is a good receiver but he hasn't been coached up properly. IMO I think several guys will hit the portal just because they think they can thrive in a better system. We will see.
With respect....Brooks ain't it. I would suggest he work on his route running and catching more instead of his celebration when he actually does catch a ball.

There will be a lot of transfers, but that was going to happen anyway. The portal will be worked too. Contrary to popular belief out there, Alabama is still a top destination for guys wanting to win and get to the NFL.

Yep, we've all seen the comments about this offseason be wilder than the first early signing period due to NIL and of course playing time. I hope we don't lose Bond or Prentice. Aaron Anderson is a guy I hope gets healthy and sticks around. I hope Arnold sticks around too, because I think he could be a great safety with his aggressiveness.

Yep, we've all seen the comments about this offseason be wilder than the first early signing period due to NIL and of course playing time. I hope we don't lose Bond or Prentice. Aaron Anderson is a guy I hope gets healthy and sticks around. I hope Arnold sticks around too, because I think he could be a great safety with his aggressiveness.

Bond specifically is going to be sitting pretty in the pecking order, I'd be really surprised if he left.

I would bet Bond and Prentice stay around, they're playing in their freshman years and will get plenty of experience. The issue I see is that the Oline is not going to get better in the next year, so likely 2 years for that rebuild. We need to rework our evaluations at CB and S. Our recent players just haven't had the ball-hawking skills or the ability to cover 1 on 1 that we've seen in the past.

Joe Cox, tight ends​

Salary: $325,000

End of contract: Feb. 29, 2024

Coleman Hutzler, special teams coordinator/outside linebackers​

Salary: $495,000

Travaris Robinson, cornerbacks​

Salary: $800,000

Eric Wolford, offensive line​

Salary: $900,000

Returning coaches and staff members with new deals​

Robert Gillespie, running backs​

Salary: $565,000

Note: Received one-year extension and a raise of $30,000.

Charles Kelly, Jr., associate defensive coordinator​

Salary: $850,000

Note: Received one-year extension and a raise of $25,000.

Freddie Roach, defensive line​

Salary: $750,000

Note: Received $30,000 raise.

Holmon Wiggins, assistant head coach of offense/wide receivers​

Salary: $850,000

Note: Received a one-year extension and a raise of $275,000.

Bill O'Brien, offensive coordinator​

Base salary: $1.1 million

End of contract: Feb. 28, 2023

Pete Golding, defensive coordinator​

Base salary plus completion benefit: $1.73 million

JMO but we're not getting our money's worth from the WR-DB-Safety-OC-DC-DL coaches.

Our defense caused 6 turnovers all season, from what I counted. 3 INTs and 3 fumble recoveries. When is the last time we had that few turnovers through 9 games? It’s been an off defensive year.

By contrast, we’ve thrown 6 INTs already.

Back
Top Bottom