| FTBL Comparing Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier

JacobGibson05

Verified Member
With Nick Saban return to Baton Rouge last week and Steve Spurrier going back to Gainsville this week I thought I would compare the two.

-Both coaches had successful careers at thier first SEC school.
-Saban won two SEC championships, Spurrier won six.
-Both won a national championship.
-Both left thier school (under good terms) to go coach at the next level, the NFL
-Niether was very sucessful in the NFL and decided to return to college football.
-Both took jobs at a different school, but in the same division as thier first SEC job.
-Both coaches' first team won national championships again while they coached at opposing schools.

Im sure Im forgetting something but with all that said. Flordia doesn't seem to hate Spurrier as much as LSU hates Saban. How do you explain this?

The main difference I see is Saban is now sucessful at Alabama, but Spurrier will most likely not be at South Carolina.

JacobGibson05 said:
With Nick Saban return to Baton Rouge last week and Steve Spurrier going back to Gainsville this week I thought I would compare the two.

-Both coaches had successful careers at thier first SEC school.
-Saban won two SEC championships, Spurrier won six.
-Both won a national championship.
-Both left thier school (under good terms) to go coach at the next level, the NFL
-Niether was very sucessful in the NFL and decided to return to college football.
-Both took jobs at a different school, but in the same division as thier first SEC job.
-Both coaches' first team won national championships again while they coached at opposing schools.

Im sure Im forgetting something but with all that said. Flordia doesn't seem to hate Spurrier as much as LSU hates Saban. How do you explain this?

The main difference I see is Saban is now sucessful at Alabama, but Spurrier will most likely not be at South Carolina.

267_SOUTH_CAROLINA_GAMECOCK_30_x_15_large.jpg

brain is greater than

Crawfish-Fighting.jpg

Damn, I was trying to think of something witty to reply with and then scrolled down and saw your response, Big_Fan.

Perfect.

Back
Top Bottom