| FTBL Comments in the game regarding Coach Bryant and Curry

G

Ugh!

How many more years are we going to hear about how Curry got a raw deal?! We are over it; he is over it; will ESPN ever get over it? :x

How many more years are we going to hear about our infatuation with Coach Bryant and how we'll never let him die and no one will ever replace him? Let me make this perfectly clear (lest, anyone get out of line :wink: )...we have buried Coach Bryant. We love him and will always honor and respect him. We will talk about his legacy and the big games and championships he won for us. No one should expect any less.

But in case any of you have noticed... We're not the ones that keep talking about him over and over. It's you, the media, that won't let him lie.

Every time you televise one of your games you talk about him. Every time you televise one of our games you bring up his stats. Every time you report on our game you write about the aura of The Bear.

I love what Coach Bryant did for my university. I love that he was a coach that developed men first then players second. I will never forget him. But if you're going to continue to report that we won't let go just...throw in a side note that you won't either.

preach on my crimson sister, preach on

It never fails it seems when I talk to opposing SEC-team friends, THEY are the ones to immediately and constantly bring up "the bear". Not I. They are the ones who keep saying "we" think Saban is the next bear. I can't stress it enough to them that for the majority of UA fans, I'd like to think just as you said, that we respect what the bear brought to the program and it will never be forgotten. But its in the past and is part of our history. You can't duplicate that or what he did, I don't care which coach anyone tries to compare to him. So there is no "second coming" or any other hoopla they try to say "we" think. Each coach is different. 3 wins in the season and opposing fans just can't take it. ESPN has never been a fan of the SEC in my eyes and will have a target on UA for a long time, probably forever. They want us to fail or stoop to thier level.

ESPN couldn't drop a bad cold if they wanted to. I don't expect them to drop it in my lifetime, unfortunately.

Absolutely, my Aubie (shall I call them) friends are always saying the same thing but they are ones constantly bringing up the Bear. You should email that to ESPN. I think the entire Bama Nation feels the same way.

Back
Top Bottom