| FTBL College Football Attendance Drops Again. Why do you think it has continued to decrease for seven straight years?

USC attendance to each game for 2021

Around 55K for home games with the exception being UCLA at 68K

I just know when they were winning they were filling the Rose Bowl every weekend, but now you see empty seats everywhere. Commentators even made a comment on the attendance of the Battle of Hollywood. In the end, I don't really care, I just can't imagine seeing these games on TV and the comments being made about attendance yet somehow USC and UCLA met their numbers. I know there were virus sanctions in California, but here is a picture...

1646405093071.png

Snapped a shot of the 2018 game too where it doesn't look very full before the virus.

1646405450409.png
1646405492696.png

Look at UCLA in '19.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F219ae87c-2917-4782-b268-5229c51ff526_268x330.png

I’m getting older so that’s my reason/excuse for not attending as many Bama regular season games and for only attending a few post in the post season.

I’ve not only stopped going to NFL games, I hardly watch any games on TV too. That’s because of the politics they’ve tried to shove down our throats. It’s taken away any desire on my part to enrich those who despise me and my beliefs.

Anyway, why do you think college football attendance continues to drop … and has it affected your attendance at the games?

No doubt TV and things like SECnetwork forour SEC teams...

I go to all home BAMA games...and what use to be packed...certainly arent anymore..
Not just the SEZ...but seating everywhere has empty seats disguised as fans...
Except ..Auburn game...even LSU seats were unused all around...

Tickets sold...tickets used...

@Davestwin
Good question...
Reason....?
Ticket Cost...
Attendance cost
Crap games ( non conference).
That blasting noise over sound system
Ability to get games on tv and quality and size of TVs ( 65” atWalmartunder 700$)
Traffic

Can list list as many... if not more ...reasons to go!
“That blasting noise over the sound system” - amen to that! And of course, traffic, traffic and traffic.

I'm gonna go ahead and say what you're probably thinking about me, "I'm an idiot", because that still makes no sense to me. Even with standing room brought into the equation, those numbers aren't adding up for me.
I was on my neighbors Kindle when copying those graphs/images. I can't find the .pdf now that I'm home. I remember finding the link on a Cal football site but can't find it now.

The reason I gave up my Alabama season tickets after the 2013 season and rarely attend college sports..

Ticket Cost
Parking
Traffic
Concessions (selection, price)
Opponent (lower tier home games, typically at night)
Easier to watch on my couch/ patio.
No line for food, drinks, or the bathroom. I can drink my own beer & liquor.
Able to watch games on TV from Noon to Midnight pretty much.

Plus I'm in GA and got tired of the drive. Dont get me wrong I loved attending Alabama football games, maybe I'm just getting old. LOL

The reason I gave up my Alabama season tickets after the 2013 season and rarely attend college sports..

Ticket Cost
Parking
Traffic
Concessions (selection, price)
Opponent (lower tier home games, typically at night)
Easier to watch on my couch/ patio.
No line for food, drinks, or the bathroom. I can drink my own beer & liquor.
Able to watch games on TV from Noon to Midnight pretty much.

Plus I'm in GA and got tired of the drive. Dont get me wrong I loved attending Alabama football games, maybe I'm just getting old. LOL

We live a little less than an hour from Tuscaloosa, so we can tolerate all the negatives you listed. If we lived as far away as you do, we might be inclined to think as you do.

There are many ways to skew the numbers and many of the points I’ve read here make sense. I don’t see how it could have dropped either when every game I watch is sold out. The smaller schools have to be the tipping point

Back
Top Bottom