| FTBL Colin Cowherd picks Bama by 3 over Clemson

Swamptick

Verified Member
I know I know. We all hate Cowherd at times. Still I think he is tongue in cheek and not always as serious as people try to make him.

For what it's worth he picked Bama by 3 over Clemson. 23-20 Bama.

Just heard it with my own ears.

And Im going to pick Bama by 30... :D
it doesn't mean we are going to win.
I don't know. I just have a very uneasy feeling about this game. We now that we are going to be ready but the first game of the season is always tough. Cause you haven't been gauged with any other teams yet.

I know we are to going to win but im still uneasy.

the_rolltide said:
I don't know. I just have a very uneasy feeling about this game. We now that we are going to be ready but the first game of the season is always tough. Cause you haven't been gauged with any other teams yet.

My stomach is in knots, and will be till kickoff.

Btw, love the avatar lol

Kc said:
the_rolltide said:

My stomach is in knots, and will be till kickoff.

Btw, love the avatar lol

I dont think i will be able to eat all week. HAHA
Ill be the first to say it. Its going to be a great game but IM worried!
And i love the avatar. :D Im one of hose losers that just stare at it and laugh every time.

the_rolltide said:

Just don't forget that his applies to BOTH teams.

Even though Cowherd gives us a hard time, I usually agree with him. He just uses the same stereotypes people outside the south use. I'm surprised he picked us. Hope he's right.

Cowherd is pretty smart. He realizes Bama is well represented on the internet and many listen to the radio. He knows how to get ratings and for some reason people actually believe what he says, or believe that he is being serious.

I think he is awesome.

TigerBait3 said:
Cowherd is pretty smart. He realizes Bama is well represented on the internet and many listen to the radio. He knows how to get ratings and for some reason people actually believe what he says, or believe that he is being serious.

I think he is awesome.

Was that a jab at us? :shock:

Kc said:
TigerBait3 said:

I think he is awesome.

I don't think it was. I personally like Cowherd about 95% of the time. He is smart, funny and usually right. He uses stereotypes to get people fired up.

So Tigerbait, what your saying is Cowherd knows that a lot of Alabama fans listen to the show and tha's why he picked them? So if there was more of a clemson fan base that tuned into his show, he would have went the other way?

If that is what your saying i agree to an extent. The guy is smart and there is a reason why he is going to be simulcast on espn2. But still a yankee focker!!!

Swamptick said:
Kc said:
TigerBait3 said:

I think he is awesome.

I don't think it was. I personally like Cowherd about 95% of the time. He is smart, funny and usually right. He uses stereotypes to get people fired up.

I was kidding lol I like TB3, guess I picked the wrong emoticon.

TigerBait3 said:

I think he is awesome.

HAHAHA.
TB3 is just jealous cause Alabama fans have radios! :D

Guys, lets chill out a bit. We went from me being worried about this weekend to wondering if TB3 was insulting us. Im the first one on the forum to mistype something and piss someone off. I will give TB3 the benefit of the doubt this time. (Just dont let it happen again) :D

the_rolltide said:
TigerBait3 said:

I think he is awesome.

HAHAHA.
TB3 is just jealous cause Alabama fans have radios! :D

Guys, lets chill out a bit. We went from me being worried about this weekend to wondering if TB3 was insulting us. Im the first one on the forum to mistype something and piss someone off. I will give TB3 the benefit of the doubt this time. (Just dont let it happen again) :D

No...I was pretty sure he was not insulting us.

Why would anyone be nervous in the least about a game that they have absolutely no control over whatsoever? Win or lose, you won't lose your job and the sun will come up the next day. The players or coaches aren't affected in the least whether you pull for them or whether you don't. You have no effect on the outcome of any game. Really. Life will improve for all of you if you accept this fact. Don't get worked up over it. It makes no difference whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. Hope they win. Enjoy the game. Realize it is still meaningless.

Kc said:
TigerBait3 said:

I think he is awesome.

No, its to all the people that thinks he hates them, and thats not just Alabama fans. I remember Bama fans being upset with him last spring. My point was he wasnt being serious, just digging for ratings.

Of course LSU fans think ESPN hates them more than any other group on earth. :roll:

Wasnt a shot at Bama, just people that get upset with the media. Sorry, just thinking out loud. :D

TheChief said:
Why would anyone be nervous in the least about a game that they have absolutely no control over whatsoever? Win or lose, you won't lose your job and the sun will come up the next day. The players or coaches aren't affected in the least whether you pull for them or whether you don't. You have no effect on the outcome of any game. Really. Life will improve for all of you if you accept this fact. Don't get worked up over it. It makes no difference whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. Hope they win. Enjoy the game. Realize it is still meaningless.

You just broke every sports fans laws just now!!!
And yes if you want to debate this we can all day long!!!

How about this. You become a sports fan and come back! :D

So it makes no difference if we pack BDS for the A-day?
How do you know that CNS is not reading my very post? (that would be cool if he did, "hey coach, call me")
If it didn't make a difference then people wouldn't be fans. If it didnt make a difference ESPN wouldn't send me a text when my team loses!
If the "sports fan" didnt make a diffence why do we pack over 93k people for a football game.
You are prolly the same person that says go to mcdonalds and eat all you want because it doesnt matter.
Come on. Sports is a way of life!

TheChief said:

This is a barn fan or just some guy that needs a girl. Life is all about having fun. Being passionate about something. Only living once. Granted it does add some craziness in your life but thats what life is about. If you go through life without truly wanting someone or something then i feel sorry for you.
Chill out. Some people sports is the only thing they have. They have no family. Its sad but its true. So judging those people and telling them its meaningless just tell me that your the one that is meaningless.
Its not about Alabama football. its about wanting something and caring about something and looking forward to saturdays.
Ok we are crazy. We love sports. But im sure, hopefully, that you are crazy about something.
I dunno. Its kinda sad when someone a-hole trys to ruin other peoples fun!
Thanks Bro,
"And thats what im burning on" haha

The only thing I'm saying is worry about things you can control. I am passionate about things I have an impact on and can affect like my wife and daughter's well being. At any rate I hope if you are a student that you write more intelligible sentences in class, and I hope that you realize that ESPN is capitalizing on your "fan-dom" in order to make big money. If you don't believe that, count the number of advertisements Saturday night.

Best of luck to all. I hope the Tide wins on Saturday. If they don't, it's not the end of the world.

No joke I never dream about Bama scores and I have not read this thread till today, but I had a dream last night! :lol:

Seriously I dreamed I was at the game and Bama won by 3. Final score 31-28 Bama.

Back
Top Bottom